It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Robot,

I am really glad your feeling good, isn't it great to not have to worry about scoring all day! :D It took me awhile to fill the bordem or free time I had, I actually struggled for months with it. I have been going to NA meetings daily and this week I have begun writing my steps it takes up alot of my time. But I am so focused on my recovery now its unbelievable! Also, just getting out and exercising or doing something outdoors has helped me a great deal, its amazing how much just going to the park with my kids and not having to focus on where or how i'm gonna get my next pill. I just can relax and enjoy everything around me!

Keep us posted on how your feeling this site has a online meeting tonight at 9pm my time it might be different for you if your interested I have learned alot of valuable information their, go to the meetings section and make sure I gave you the correct time. Its nice to talk to other people in different stages of there recovery!

Anyway hope your feeling great, keep up the great work!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I know exactly what you mean ready. I had my first bit of cravings today. Mostly because I was bored. I went outside and saw a beautiful sky and began to think to myself: "Try to remember all the beauty in the world. All the beauty that surrounds me right now. No matter how hard I think my situation is. No matter how hard my pain is. There will always be someone else in the world dealing with far greater pain in a far worse situation and they are fighting just as hard as I am for tomorrow". -me

Thanks for the invite... Unfortionatly I sold my computer a while back for obvious reasons and all these posts are coming from my iPhone which of course does not support flash which is what the chat room runs on. But yeah, I'm around. And I'll keep everyone updated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:16 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I did a ridiculosly fast taper from 15 bags of H/day to 3 in a week, then from 3 to half a bag in a couple of days, skin-popping by the way, my snorting days are were over in a few months after starting doing H. I started from Dilaudid for real pain, then started to buy it on the street and snort the pills, then crush and shoot them. The thought of shooting smack terrified me due to all the impurities although having filtered talcum from a couple of hundred Dilaudid pills taught me a great deal about the proper shooting techniques. I started doing H after being unable to get Dilaudid, first snort and in a few months skin-pop, never mainlined any dope except a bit of demerol from a vial.

I switched to sub after about 12-13hrs after my last half a bag. I was in a horrendous wd by the time because I used to shoot 2 bags every 2-3 hrs just to get straight and feel warm for about 20 minutes. I remember shooting 2 bags the first time about 6 months ago after which I passed out across my bed during daytime, this seemed like a mild overdose. Tolerance is a bitch.

I think 12 hrs is enough time after your last dose of short acting opioids to start on sub, provided you do very little of them for your last dose. People exaggerate the need to wait for a long time before induction. It`s not the time that`s important in order to not go into a precipitated wd from sub but the last dosages of your DOC. If you do more than 3 bags of H a day for the last week or so, don`t even try to get on sub, you`ll only get sicker even if you wait 24 hrs. You must do a fast taper to 3 bags, stay on 2-3 bags a day for a week, then another fast taper to 1/2 or 1/4 of a bag for your last dose and then pop a sub after at least 12 hrs.