It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, my name is ... I'm an addict. Well induction is(finally) over. 23 hours felt more like 48. I went in the facility at 8 P.M. Wednesday night, not in withdraw. By time for my first dosing at 8 A.M. Thursday morning I was only in minor withdraw. I was given two 2mg strips at 8:20 A.M. I didn't eat breakfast, I only had liquids. At about 10 A.M. I was feeling horrible. I wasn't nauseous, but I was chilled and heavily sweating. I couldn't sit still. The 4mg has put me in withdraw. They told me I would be dosed another 4mg at around 12 P.M., however their schedule was off. We had a group at 9 A.M. and left the facility to attend a NA meeting at 1 P.M. We returned to the facility at 2:30 and was scheduled for another group at 3 P.M. By this time my chills has subsided, but the anxiety was unbearable. The 3 o'clock group was outside, and as we walked out I was called for my second dose. Two more 2mg strips. I couldn't wait for these to kick in. I expected to be waiting at least an hour, but about 35-40 minutes later I started feeling somewhat better. I was now much calmer. I was called to a meeting for paperwork at 3:45 P.M. With each passing minute during the meeting I felt a little better.

I was scheduled to see the doctor at 6 P.M. and around 5 o'clock I started craving. It wasn't very bad, but the thought and need was still present. This lasted until on the way home after my release. The rest of the night wasn't bad, and for the most part I felt good. I didn't sleep but 2 hours, but this is not uncommon for me(or for anyone else from what I've read). I had to go to the pharmacy this morning to get my prescription and take it to the facility to dose. I told the doctor Thursday evening about my cravings, but he seemed to be in a hurry and didn't address it much. This morning the nurse asked how I felt with yesterday's dose. I told her about the withdraw the first dose and the craving with the second dose.

This morning I was given 12mg. So far no cravings, but I slept like a baby for about 4 hours this evening. So far, so good except for a major headache that I subsided with a Goody's powder. It's only day two and of course I'm still thinking about using, but not really wanting to or needing to. I update in a week or two with progress.

Thanks for reading.