It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hour 36 and counting...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:58 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So, here i am, just passed the 36 hour mark after my last does, and i've been in withdrawal for i'de say ten hours. A little background info i suppose is in order. To make a long story long, i've been on suboxone for close to 3 years, but it's been prescribed to me for much longer. Much longer because i was addicted to opiates for years, got clean via the cold turkey rehab route, slipped up after six months, spent another year on oc's then to H, the got clean using the suboxone as your supposed to. The first 4 - 5 days i was taking 16 mgs. to get the H withdrawals to stop. As soon as they did, i dropped to 8 mg. then over the last couple of years have maintained at around 6, slowly dropping to 4, then to 3, then to now....zero.
After everything ive read, im a little concerned that i'm into wds already. Then again i'm glad that its started as the waiting for it was really getting to me.
As far as what i'm feeling...well...not the best thats for sure. Restless, to the point where i'm not able to sleep, and its only day 2. What worries me is that i'm withdrawaling already. Does this mean its going to last even longer? Does this mean that my body was more addicted to the Suboxone than i originally thought? Or is this a good thing and it means that it will be quicker than what i thought.
Will update this every 12 hours or so, being optimistic that i will be able to. Any advice thoughts or suggestions are surely welcome.

Post subject: 36 hours and counting
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:43 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Welcome how are you,silly question huh? Did you mean that you jumped off the subs.at 3mg? or titrated down to "0"...that an important question. As you probably have read here,some people have done what you have,if you jumped at 3mg that is......and some titrate down to the smallest dose possible.It has been mentioned the lowest dose,may decrease the wd severity.

More people will post with experienced advice,so please check back frequently.When did you decide it was time to get off?and how has the last 3 years been for you?

After reading so,so many people journaling they're wd's on this forum...I think it's a great idea,to keep you busy and for us too keep your spirits up.You sound like you are at the beginning of wd's with the restlessness and insomnia.For some wd;s start @ 3 days and some longer.Be sure you understand how you feel...last time I wd from percs I read everyone else s experience and made it a self fulfilling prophecy...our minds are powerful and very mushy during wd's.Subs are a tricky lil drug,with it's half life and dosing etc....the half life just has to catch up with you ,when wd's begin.

I want to welcome you and please stay around for support and more concrete advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:10 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wow, quick response, thank you, whomever you are...to the questions you've asked...
I jumped from 3 mgs. at my own discretion. Not that i had that much of a choice you see i'm all out of subs. And its not because my insurance is gone, or my, job, or whatever, its because i put all the factors of my life together and chose this to be the right time. Those factors being the following, in no particular order.
1) My doctor is one of those, don't really give a shit doctors. He is the nicest guy, and doesn't rush you off of anything, but doesn't offer much in the way of advice either. And yes, i asked a lot of questions. Not to mention i have to make my appointments for refills (which at the end was every six months) at least a month in advance. I think i subconsciously let myself get so low on number of pills knowing i wouldnt be able to get an appt in time before i ran out because i was just tired of being dependent on the pills.
2) since i've been clean for almost 3 years, i've had zero, literally zero desire to do any drugs, and haven't touched a thing in that time. I'm over it. I'm over what i did to so many people through the years of my drug use i just want to be officially done with it all, and that means getting off these damn things too. I always knew i would have to "pay the price" and go through some withdrawal at some point. I knew suboxone wasn't the end all be all miracle drug. I just didn't know it had the potential to be such a violent withdrawal process (from what i've read, i do realize everyone is different).
3)i recently found out that my girlfriend, who i was in the process of buying a ring for, is now pregnant, due in Feb. The way i see it i either bite the bullet and get this shit over with now, or wait another several years until after our baby is a little older and not such a handful...not something that i want to do.
4) The only other two times i've been through withdrawal it was in the dead of winter. I was always cold. literally wearing multiple layers of clothing to try to keep myself somewhat warm. I live in CT you see, so the winter six months for me are not an option. Its the middle of July now, and its been almost 100 degrees all week, and doesn't show signs of cooling off, so i'm thinking its a sign that i ran out of pills during the hottest stretch of summer so far.

So there are a lot of things (also things at work) that sort of aligned themselves this week, which i don't see happening again...so i took the leap if you will. Any more insight as to what i might see over the next few days would be appreciated, by anyone. And does the Magnesium really work for the restlessness? because that has always been a big problem for me with straight opiate wds in the past. Thanks.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey B, just so ya know, I jumped from 4 mg's. I also started experiencing WD's within 24 hours, so I was kinda in the same boat as you. Im on 18 days free from subs as of now.

The worst day for me was day 6. That was the peak of misery for me. Some days are good, others are bad. It's such a slow process that it's sometimes hard to notice that your even making progress. its like one day you take 3 steps forward to getting better, but the next day, its as if youve taken 2 steps back. This is why I believe it is a good idea to journal and record how you feel, so that you may see yourself improving.

On a more positive note, the WD's werent as bad as I thought they were. I thought it was gonna be much, much worse! Hang in there man, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask, I normally surf these forums every other day or so. Good luck!

Post subject: Hello again
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I read your response...and it certainly looks like you put alot of thought into the decision.1 st Congratulations! on the good news,it's nice she wont be in her last trimester in this heat.I am in ny and yeah it's been bad.

And I understand the planning you did to run out of subs...kinda forcing you to back up your decision.And yes people have jumped at 3,4,5 mg's etc and were successful. It is a very personnel decision.If it were me,as your asking for advice,here's my 2 cents.I have a 3 year old and this has stopped me from jumping off at times,because we are not quite the same person during wd's and children are very needy...even at a later age.Some people prefer they're children home during wd's..to stay busy,I feel differently,because ,I don't want my daughter to see me sick...it scares them.However,we really dont know how bad your wd's are gonna be at all.I would do it now ,while your fiance is pregnant...again just an opinion...and what I would do...you have 7 mos to regroup yourself.

Some swear by the magnesium/zinc...why not try it...i would do anything for RLS to stop!i wish the best for ya,and jounaling here is great for support and helps the readers as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:40 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thanks to the responses...they are givingme hope that i cn make it through whatever is coming my way...suppose i hsould give an update..
It is now 2:00 am,day 3...keping in mind that my days are starting at 4 pm, so i'm close to halfway through day 3. it hasnt been fun thats for sure. My withdrawals got pretty bad today. were they as bad as opiate wds, hard to say, its hard to say whats worse, what your going through now, or how you remember going through it last time. Lets say my symptoms at this point are full blown.
Today, again, sstarted out with no sleep. took if i had to gues close to 10 short wallks with my fiancee, went ot the pharmacy a few times, took 4 showers, and 2 baths...all in an attempt to help the wds subside if only for a bit, which, they did I iwl alos mention that while searching for one of mym ultivitamins i can acreoss ten Xanax 25mg pills, whic i imediately started to take, At first just one, right after a bath/shower, and it helped a lot, It really made the systoms go away, not completely, but enough for me to regroup. Later one, about six hours later, i took two, along with 2 OTC cvds sleep aids in an attempt to fall asleep. Instead i was like a walking zombie, stille felt a little like shit. Flash forward another 6 hours, now is around 10 pm, took two more xanax and 25 mg's of Seroguel in order to try toget some sleep. Slept for a sold couple hours, only to wake up to really bad anxiety and restlessness, which is where im at now. my new questions, is, i htink obviously about the xananx. Am i prolonging anything by using these? or is it safe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

its noon on day three, 4 hours till day 4...actually feeling ok, very tired, very restless. keep in mind those that read this, i have be taken .25 mg xanax pills ( i think i put 25 mg in the ast post, obviously not correct). i did manage to get some sleep last night, in 3 hour spurts, took a double does of the xanage and a 1/2 pill of seroquel and was actually able to lay still enough to fall asleep. Man i can't tell you how much bein able to sleep makes such a difference. just being able to get rid of a few hours that otherwise would've been spent wandering around my house in circles. which is basically how i spend my day now. I've since contacted my dr. and have an appointment today at 4:00 to discuss what i should be doing. The last thing i want is to have come off of xanax after this is all done. I just got to the point yesterday where i started to second guess what i was doing. Started to call hospitals for detox clinics, even called a rapid detox place in michigan to see what the deal was with that. But since i've started on the xanax, i have a renewed strength. perhaps its a false one, but nonetheless its helping. I'm so angry that i have to go through this. I just want to be a normal person. Not that i wasn't as i haven't touched drugs in years, have a steady job, an almost wife, and a kid on the way...i was just tired of having to worry about those stupid orange pills all the time. So i guess thats it for now...we'll see what the doctor says, be back on later for another update.
anyone with any insight into taking wither xanax or clonopin (sp?) would be of help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey B Real,

I did the Suboxone wd dance just over a year ago. I remember taking Tylenol PM one night in an effort to help me sleep, but I might as well have plugged my legs into an electrical socket!! My RLS went CRAZY on that stuff, for me, the diphenhydramine HCl in Tylenol PM made things 10 times worse.

Xanax is OK to use short term, .25mg is the lowest dose of Xanax they make, if memory serves. The Xanax will help calm you down and it should not prolong your wd because it's in a totally different class of drugs. You kinda made me chuckle when you corrected yourself from the 25mg number to the .25mg number......had you taken 25mg of Xanax.....wd would be the least of your worries right now!! Xanax is highly addictive itself, be careful with it, OK?

Have you ever heard of Clonidine? It's a blood pressure medication that's prescribed "off label" for opiate wd. It's the gold standard for opiate wd. It won't eliminate all your wd, but it makes life more bearable. I was taking .1mg twice daily. Nice thing about Clonidine too, it has a sedative effect!! BTW, .1mg is correct. Ask your doctor about it, you'll be glad you did.

As far as any other supplements or OTC stuff......those never worked for me, but I never did try the Magnesium for the RLS.

BTW, I was on Suboxone 3 years when I quit too. Getting off of it is not fun, but you can do it. Stay strong, keep your mind busy and keep your body busy if you can. Believe me, sitting around doing nothing is THE WORST thing you can do during wd.

Oh Yeah, what's your plan to stay off of drugs once you quit Suboxone. I made it 10 months off of Suboxone before the wheels came off the wagon and I used again. I only used for a few days, but it was enough to let me know I needed some additional help. I go to NA regularly now. It helps me. Some people do AA, some do SMART recovery, some do one on one counseling. I would encourage you look into doing something to protect your sobriety.

Hang in there man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:35 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

romeo
i thank you for all your insight...going to try and answer all your questions. Totalll know what you mean about the tylenol pm...luckily i found out that that stuff doesn't work me a long time ago, so i didn't have the disappointment of finding out while going through this. I did do a bit of research into taking the Xanax, and od completely realize how addicting it can be. I had taken in one of other time in my life, back in my days were drugs were like candy to me, and found out what it was all about, and also found out i didn't like it. i'm sorry if this post isnt' super well written, you see its 3:00 in the morning, and i'm quite out of it. This restlessness is freaking rediculous. Especially because since aboutt 4:00 today, almost all my other symptoms have seem to, at least for the time being, gone away.
Which brings up a new question i've had the pleasure of worrying about since then. Is this normal. Does this mean the worst is behind me, or is this just the calm before the storm? Has anyone else experienced this period of minimal symptoms before?
Clonodine, always thought that stuff was pretty useless, never the less i do have it and have been using that as well. Although i will say that this time the doc preescribed me the patch. I guess its equivilant to .1 mg release everyday for ten days. Can't say whether its helping orr not, as i've had it on the entire time. Without having a set time to take a pill and the be able a bit to see if i feel better makes it hard for me to say how effective it is. I always thought it was a bit of a ruse to make people going through wd's have something to look forward to taking with the hopes it might make them feel a bit better. More of the mind of matter mentality than actual medicinal science but thats just me.
As far as any sort of plan to stay off drugs, i guess i dont have a"plan" per-say. What i can say is that i have a baby on the way...I have close to three years clean under my belt, i no longer even know where any of the people, not friends, but people i use to get/do drugs with even are, or if they're even alive for that matter. Since the day i started to take suboxone, or the last day i took drugs, i've had no cravings, no desires, no anything to get high again. I know that may be in large part to being on suboxone, but i still feel i have a strong enough will to just be able to stay away. I'm 28, and o have all the bills and costs an underpaid, home owning 28 year old has. drugs don't fit into my budget. I think all of that is a large pat of why im so angry i have to go through this mess. I'm clean, and live a normal life, i think its bullshit that i have to be sick like this, its not like i've been having fun using for the past however many years. I
ve been through rehab, obviosuly it didnt work, but i still remember much of what i learned about sober living. I've done IOP for 60 days, done my 90 in 90 twice, have seen a therapist for close to five years. I've put my work in and now i'm ready to move forward as a normal human being. i've been a good person, who works hard at all aspects of my life. Guess its necessary, but still think its bullshit (going through wd's that is).

seeing as im up now and don't think i'll be getting back to sleep, the restlessness is just one part of withdrawals that has always seems to be the last thing to go for me. might as well put a bit of an update about my day in here......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey dude.

Congratulations on the girlfriend's pregnancy! It's huge, and great to see you taking steps to better yourself as a result.

A 12 hour stretch with a break from most symptoms is a good sign. Suboxone withdrawal is a funny beast though, and in my experience it tends to come and go. However, I never managed to go 12 hours without physical symptoms until at least the day I felt it was over. The breaks were at most a few hours long.

That being said, the few times I detoxed off Suboxone, I knew in my heart when I was coming good. I could feel that I was over the worst, and things were getting better. However, I've only got experience with jumping off doses over 6mg.

All I will say is, don't be surprised if symptoms do return every now and then. I remember I would see my body "goose up" (ie goosebumps) and sweat now and then for weeks after I was over the worst.

The hardest thing in this process is not knowing. Suboxone withdrawal is different for everyone, and even different each time. I know the feeling of wanting answers, wanting to know whether you should brace for more. Listen to your body. Intuitively we kinda know when we're getting well.

Also, save the Xanax only for when you really need it. There have been times I dosed up heaps on benzos over 1-2 weeks of withdrawal, only to find when I stopped em I got really bad bounce-back anxiety, something I didn't need post-detox when trying to stay clean. If you've only been on it a few days you should be alright though. Treat them as a PRN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I wanted to welcome you to the forum and wish good luck. You said you felt sub withdrawals were as bad as that of full agonists. For me, when I was in full agonist w/d (and for many, many others), I couldn't even get up out of bed, much less turn my computer on and post on a forum in any coherent fashion. But with suboxone, we are able to do that. Most people quitting suboxone are even able to go to work.

And remember, when we started sub we were already hooked on opiates, so we did already have withdrawals coming our way.

I'm just trying to give you a different perspective.

Oh and like Hope said, try to stay as active and distracted as much as you possibly can. Try not to perseverate on your w/d symptoms - like was said, the mind is powerful and it could possibly make you feel worse. And believe it or not, exercise will make you feel tons better, as will hot baths. And you need to get some of your natural endorphins going. Hang out with funny people, watch funny movies ... that sort of thing. This is why exercise helps so much.

I hope the worst of your acute w/d symptoms pass soon. Remember, this is only temporary!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey B Real,

Tearjerker hit the nail on the head with his post. I always referred to Suboxone wd as a rollercoaster ride. One minute your up, next minute your down.

You know, you're not the first one to mention how the Clonidine patch seems almost useless. I don't know why that would be, but the patch doesn't seem to work well for people in opiate wd?? That sucks because I know Clonidine helped me. Like I said though, it didn't eliminate all of my symptoms.....NOT EVEN CLOSE, but it did help a good bit.

Look man, you've just got to bear down and will yourself through this. Opiate wd SUCKS, that's for sure, but you can get through it. I hate to use this old cliche, but I'm gonna anyway.....if a big cry baby like me can survive Suboxone wd, then YOU can too!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:44 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

its 10 30 on day 5, 6 hours to the start of day six and i feel surprisingly good. slept all night last night. Seroquel works great. Still don't feel quite right, but i can certainly tolerate it. its more of an annoyance that anything else at this point. im just totally ready for this to be over. any ideas as to when that might be? i'm a little achey still, no more restlessness thank god, at least for now. hoping, no make that praying that when i wake up tomorrow i'm going to feel normal. i realize that tomorrow morning is a long way away, but having those types of thoughts yesterday really helped me get through the day. let me take a minute to officially say that my girlfriend is a freaking saint putting up with me over the last five days. between her and my parents i'm not sure i would've made it this far. this far...jjust realized that i used the words "this far" when descibing a perfiod of five days. thats like the blink of an eye to anyone else. i'm also very blah blah feeling at this point. can't seem to get excited or get enough energy to do anything to help the time pass and to help take my mind of what my body is going through. Also having a lot of very strange thoughts that im going to be a different person when this is said and done, that i'm not going to like who im going to be, thta i might actually miss the slight rush i used to get after taking my doses, nothing like a high, almost an envigorated feeling. i don't know....maybe my brain is just starting to fall apart a bit after what its been through. any insight or advice as to what the mental recovery is like once the physical one is over would be much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:49 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

It took me a couple weeks to really feel ok... after the first week it seemed each day got better and by the second week I somewhat felt OK.. I jumped at .25 so even the first week wasent THAT BAD.. I survived it and I am a wimpy chick :)

Lisa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:38 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

wow, i am sweaty...and cold, even though its 80 out im shivering. I remember this from when i went through straight OC withdrawals years ago, but i had it right from the start...not all of a sudden on day 6. Anyone? Anyone else have this? Its not entire body sweats, mainly just my armpits. I would be a great test subject for some super antiperspirant right now let me tell you. On a positive note, i'm writing this from my desk as work, which, unbelievable makes me happy. Being able to be happy to be back to work is a weird feeling. Dont get me wrong i like my job, but never did i think i would actually be this happy to at it. Although i'm about as useless as an ashtray on a motorcycle, im still glad to be here. Anyone know if Clonodine would help with any of this...I was using the Clonodine patch but it kept falling off. Dont think those things are designed to go through 58 baths in 5 days. I do have a prescription for it at the pharmacy that i could pick up, if its even worth it. Also, massive amounts of anxiety. Now, this could be because i was taking .25 mg of xanax every six hours, and stopped that, but i also had a cup of coffee this morning, which i think is the immediate culprit. Clonodine for anxiety?? Thoughts?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:43 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes, clonidine should help you to feel better. If I were you, I'd pick up that script. And I do believe that stopping the xanax could cause rebound anxiety. You might want to try to wean yourself off of it slowly. That might help with it. I'm happy to hear you were able to get into work. Good luck and feel better soon. Oh, and I've heard other people describe that the w/d symptoms do come and go like you described.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You asked when it will be over, well, it's over! Now that you have slept through the night the true WD phase is over. That's not to say you won't feel crappy, or lethargic or sweaty for a while, but just hold onto to the fact that you are getting better every day. This can be the day you say "I will never have to go through withdrawals again!". How empowering is that?

Even if you can't bring yourself to exercise, try to get out in the sun. It will feel good, give you a reason to be sweaty and make you feel less clammy. Good luck to you!
Lilly

Post subject: Day 7.5
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:59 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 7.5...Got up...went to work...feel good. Almost normal. Slightly clammy hands and still a bit sweaty, A little anxiety, but i'm still convinced its more due to the coffee i had this morning...i think that no coffee for a week, along with the removal of the subs is combining to make the caffeinated in the coffee work triple hard on my system. Although today is better than yesterday. Tried to pick up my script for chlonidine yesterday to find out they were never called in. Awesome. I swear i have the most unorganized, meat market of a doctors office. The script was supposed to be called in on monday. Only after half a dozen phone calls with a nurse, and an on call doctor, actually never having spoke with MY actual doctor...still haven't to this day and i left him a message on his personal cell, still got nothing back. Sweeeeet. What an ass hole. Anyway, i do feel better each day, and if i had to say when, i would say my major physical symptoms stopped mid day 5 (not like i can say day five at 2:34 i felt perfect, but for the most part i was over the pain)...with coldness, sweating, and slight anxiety being whats left over for now, which i am anticipating that going away over the weekend. I wanted to come on here and say that my experience, to me, was not as bad as some of the others i've read about. And when i started feeling it last sat afternoon, i read everywhere on here and other sites to find someone who wasn't complaining about symptoms lasting weeks, or still feeling like death on day 7, and that by day 11 they were able to leave their house for the first time. Please to those who read this that had that type of experience take no offense. i'm just saying that having no knowledge of what wd's would be like, thinking i'de be out of it for a day or so, to read all that at the zero hour scared me more than anything. I do realize that everyone is different, and some people's wd's are worse than others, but mine just weren't as bad i guess. why?? i have no idea, maybe metabolism, as mine is about as high as it gets. who knows. another thing, these past five days, although certainly not being the most enjoyable five days of my life, were nothing compared to what I / ME have been through as far as opiate wds are concerned. My OC withdrawals lasted for close to a month, with 22 days without sleep. This lasted 5 days and i slept on day 2, not great, but slept. sleep on day 2 from opiate wds is completely out of the question in my experience (you're lucky if you get to sleep on week 2 let alone day 2). For those who are going to take the leap and get off of subs...its not without a price, but the price isn't that bad...and its most likely less than the price you've probably paid once or twice (or more) times already in your using life (i know thats true for me). Thank you to all who have posted encouraging words of wisdom to me over the last week, it has been a tremendous help looking back on it. Will continue to update daily.

For those that know...are there any side effects from stopping chlonidine. I had the patch (.1mg) on for five days, then took it off (well, it fell off) and haven't taken any chlonidine since? Will the rise in blood pressure make me feel anything? or, because its been more than 24 hours, have i already felt whatever it is i may or may not feel? how quick does that stuff wear off?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey B Real,

When I quit Suboxone, I also quit drinking coffee (8 or 9 cups per day), I quit drinking Coke's (3 or 4 per day) and I stayed off Caffeine for months and months, then I started back drinking Coke's......one or two a day. Then I started back drinking coffee.....3, 4, 5 cups a day and I started to notice this wicked anxiety grabbing a hold of me. Because I'm so dense, I couldn't put 2 and 2 together right away. I was finally able to add 2 + 2 after a vacation we went on, I drank no coffee at all during that time and felt GREAT, then got back home, started drinking coffee again and the anxiety/nervousness came back. I cut out the coffee and haven't had anymore anxiety to speak of. I still drink about 2 Coke's per day though. So, I would suggest you stop drinking coffee.

As far as the Clonidine, I took Clonidine for months and months during my wd, I felt no wd whatsoever from it when I quit taking it.

Congratulations on day 7.5!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:39 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

DAY 8...It's been 8 days since my last dose, a quick update as to what the deal is with me. I've been sleeping almost through the nights, taking 25 - 37.5 mgs of suboxone to help. usually i wake up at around 5 and find it very hard to fall back asleep...which, i should point out is not unusual for me, as before i stopped taking subs, for months it seems, my internal clock got reset and i would wake up at 4 or 5 every day, with bad anxiety. Assuming the anxiety was caused by the onset of wds. i would take my morning dose then, and within an hour i would be back to sleep. I found that this early morning wake up call started when i dropped from 6mgs to 4 mgs (of subs)...taking 2 mgs every 12 hours. After doing that for months i think my body just set itself to wake up every day at 4 or 5.
I've never had anxiety, ever, but for the past few days, i find that i'm anxious, not bad, but still anxious. Especially if i'm sitting still, which i think is because it gives my mind the opportunity to think about it which seems to compound the anxiety. Also i am a bit shakey, not cold and shivering, more like too much coffee shakey. Both of these things are quite annoying, but tolerable, and are lessening with each day that passes. I will also mention that while i was in wds for the first five days, i was taking zanax, not much, at least, i didn;t think it was much. .25 mg every six hours at first, then every 12, then on day 6 1/2 i took my last one. So i could also be feeling a bit of rebound anxiety from the lack of zanax in my body. who knows? i dont expect to feel perfectly normal after stopping something i took for almost 3 years, not to mention being on opiates for years prior to that. But the fact that it is day 8 and i'm able to function perfectly fine, with minimal discomfort is a very nice thing.

To Romeo, against your advice (dont take it personal) i got up again this morning and grabbed a 1/2 decaf from D&D. today was waaaay better than yesterday as far as the caffeine shock to my body is concerned. By the way you drank a lot of coffee my man...i'm used to 2 cups, maybe 3 in the morning. I will however not get coffee from gas stations for a while because that stuff is closer to jet fuel than coffee most of the time. Also sticking to 1/2 decaf coffee for a while. As i get up so early now i'm awake for a good hour or so before i take off for work in the morning, so i figure i don't really need full strength coffee anyway.

I am hoping that after the weekend i feel even better, as i am taking off for a vacation next wednesday. Was suppose to be leaving tomorrow, but with me not going to work mon - wed, i have a lot to get done before i can leave. The only meds i plan on taking with me is seroquel to help with the sleeping, as i will be in a rented house with 2 other families as well as my own, and dont need to be wandering around at 4 am, or watching tv, potentially disturbing everyone else.

I now have a new question concerning PAWS for anyone that has dealt with it. How was it? What was it like? How long did it last? Does everyone get it? (I've read that the longer you were on subs, the more apt you are to get PAWS). Anyone with any experience with that let me know what it was like.