It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:43 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I came off of suboxone a few weeks ago mainly because I got a nasty letter from the sub doc about being prescribed antibiotics. I also have a herniated L5 S1 that is very painful. I was dealing with it until yesterday when the pain intensified and I actually lost control of my bladder numerious times. I started to become concerned so I went to the er to figure out why I was pissing my pants. I dont have a family practice doc right now so it was my only option. I got the whole story about how they dont deal with chronic pain there and my prescription records were pulled. I didnt even ask for so much as a tylenol while I was there. When they saw the suboxone on my records the whole attitude changed. I was automatically seeking and was treated as such. It was horrible how I was treated. I actually told the nurse that I was leaving because I didnt come in there looking for anything other than why I was pissing my pants. The mayo clinic and web md web site both say that if you have a herniated disc and start pissing yourself all of the sudden then that could be a sign of a very serious medical emergency that requires prompt attention. The dr didnt bother to do any type of neurological exam what so ever. I pissed in a cup to make sure it wasnt a bladder infection. I ended up leaving ama because of how I was treated there and I drove home with tears in my eyes and completely lost it when I walked in my front door. My pain is pushing a level 7 and I didnt ask for anything. Now I am in alot of pain and I piss my pants all because I had suboxone on my record. I honestly just wanted a steriod shot or something to help bring it down. I wasnt even offered that. In all actuallity I could have that serious condition and wont know it until its to let and is irreveseable or I end up paralyzed. Im not saying that anyone who takes suboxone shouldnt because I do know that it helps people. In my case it has left me high and dry and unable to recieve any type of medical attention. I really really hurt too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:20 pm 
Wow, OP. This is an awful story. I really hope you are feeling better.

The ER has Sub on my record too, I'm pretty sure. I won't return to that ER if I can help it.

It's important to find a primary care doc (and/or excellent Sub doc for those on it, I only have the excellent Sub doc) that doesn't see you as junkie scum. They are the one that is gonna help you out when you have a legit need for pain medication.

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:04 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I would have taken out my shlong and pissed on nurse Rachett and the ER Dr. :x

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow so sorry to hear you are in so much pain and this whole blatter thing is happening to u. Its sad that with how far the medical community has come people are still so uneducated about opiate addiction/treatment. I have dealt with this before sometimes it was bad others ok and good once or twice. Man i hope its not any time soon or well ever but if it does happen i cant wait till i tell a er im on 170mg of methadone. Theyll prolly kick me out.[marq=left]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:40 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Mj I'm sorry they treated you that way..it is diff something we have to deal with. Here in Louisiana I tell you they are horrible about that. Everyone that goes to the ER is looking for pain meds It is frustrating. I have lower back problems also I had a fusion and they always asked me if I had bladder or colon problems it is a sign of the nerve being crushed on a veribrate.
I would also say you need to find a doctor that will help you Joint and bone Dr will beable to give you mush better care. I would have asked the ER doctor to refer you to one. That is the best way to get into one quickly.
Hope things get better for you\Good luck
Mel :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:36 am 
Bboy42287 wrote:
Wow so sorry to hear you are in so much pain and this whole blatter thing is happening to u. Its sad that with how far the medical community has come people are still so uneducated about opiate addiction/treatment. I have dealt with this before sometimes it was bad others ok and good once or twice. Man i hope its not any time soon or well ever but if it does happen i cant wait till i tell a er im on 170mg of methadone. Theyll prolly kick me out.[marq=left]

Do you have to deal with the clinic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

GET a fucking lawyer " that is bullshit. go back to that fucking hospital and tell them you and your lawyer are persu- them on threaten'n your LIFE. WOW " this is crazy :lol: