It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:48 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Post jump diary

Week 3 since jump (14 days) Sub Dose 10mg @5 years, 2.5 year taper)

YaY.

Sleep around 2-4 hours per day, plus 2-3 micro 30- 60 min sleeps.(better than last week:) )
Still energetic, a little too much sex drive for me, but down now, a bit,(can go in public now....lol)

Startin to feel system getting tired now, in mornings, and feel return of desire to sleep in, a little bit.

Tips

During second week, some nights would not get more then a few micro 1 hour sleeps at a time.
If I awoke restless, or with rls, just a quick bit if sexual activity, shower, and bed, and repeat if necessary
Sounds obtuse, but it actually works, sexual activity stops any real or neuropathic pain.
And because sex drive is so high, this is not as much of a problem as it would seem.

After a while you seem to get used to losing a bit of sleep for 2 weeks, my advice, and also many others, is to not expect it
You will be fine, it is the anxiety of thinking you won;t be that will cause issues, if any.

Its actually quite enjoyable watching a good movie, and if you can;t sleep, don;t bother getting frustrated, enjoy it, as much as you can, It won;t last forever.

I have started to watch some quality shows recently, and if I can;t sleep till 3am, well, hey, thats cool.
You just need that self belief that things get better.

HS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:09 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Beating it like it owes you money eh?

Bahahaha. Whatever works right?

Congratulations hopespring. The micro sleep sure is annoying indeed. I'm starting to feel tired as crap in the morning, which I believe to be an awesome sign also.

Bravo on the taper, I could never have stuck through that man.

To being FREE! FINALLY!

-WTBF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:39 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Free, Free, Free I tells ya,

Yeah, its still pretty amazing to actually not need a pill everyday to feel good.

I feel good now,..........!!!!!!!!!Not perfect, but good enough.

Yeah Wanttobefree,

Its a pretty full battle, as you and I both know, , I don;t think ever in my life, have I been awake pretty much for 11 days straight. Anyway, as you know, you just have to grind through it.(pun intended)

I am getting like 6 hours last night, but, hey, who cares if I don't.
I am know FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE......

I had 0 sex drive for 5 years, so what's 8 sessions a night between friends?
It actually feels like being on a low level of amphetmines, the recharge rate, and ease of release....lol

Unfortunately, that is gone now, and am, balancing out, to normal levels now.

I wonder when I should stop the Clonidine?
I am taking .2mg a day?
Anyone?

Have been on it around 7 days, I think.
Well, I am almost ready to face the world, and get back to work, next week, and then get overseas, for my celebrations.

Watch out female inhabitants of other countries, I am a comin.(pun intended)

* I promise, no more sex talk.......

I better get back to writing letters, to all the people that have helped me over the last 5 years.
Ie. pharmacist, and doctors...Long overdue.

HS

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:02 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Clonidine is not addictive, you can take it till your sleep habits fully restore in theory. It'd also prescribed off label for anxiety. Quite an awesome litte pill.

Romeo could clarify this further for you....

That's your Que Romeo!

WTBF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WTBF, you rang? :lol:

I stayed on Clonidine for months and months. My sleep sucked so bad, for so long, I stayed on it until I at least got in the ballpark of good sleep, then stopped. I talked to my doctor about it first because I didn't want rebound high blood pressure. He told me to just alternate days for a week or two, then quit. So, I would take it one day, then not the next, take it one day, then not the next, etc.

I had no trouble at all coming off Clonidine.....didn't really notice a thing.

HopeSpring, it's nice to see ya chillin' here in the Bupe in the Rearview section!! Now the trick is to not have to start posting in the I Fucked Up section!!

WTBF----beat it like it owes you money.....are you a Dave Chapelle fan? That's where I first heard that and I thought it was about the funniest damn thing I had ever heard!! Dave Chapelle has some of the funniest skits known to man-kind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:19 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Haha,

Free free Free, indeed! Not perfect, but good. Is an awesome way of putting this. I don't think life will ever be quite as painfree as suboxone days, but it's definitely got alot more kick to it now.

:mrgreen: Romeo killing it with the factual experience as always! Ofcourse I'm a Dave Chapelle fan, that man is absolutely hilarious. The skit where he's a blind white supremisist. OH MY GOD. I almost died laughing. Or the ones with his friend who name escapes me, with dave crying in the seat next to him begging to go home. Absolutely am youtubing these all tonight when I get home from work.

Absolutely hilarious, they need to make Moar!

-Hopespring since I was tired and almossssssst on the verge of sleeping last night, I didn't give you a good reply -

It is indeed crazy to think 11 days without sleeping. I'm surprised our bodies could even manage it. What's weird is it never felt like I was really that sleep deprived. Your brain is screaming, WHATS GOING ON, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! But your body just keeps chugging along.

Strangest experience of my life. We are literally little science experiments.

I know exactly what you mean about the Amphetamines - Without the shrinkage ;) - I couldn't agree more. Atleast I'm no longer going in like 5 seconds now either. That was quite embarassing. Atleast he'd be back in 15 seconds. Hahaha.

Go and spoil yourself with some female inhabitants. You certainley deserve it after beating this beast!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Love Dave Chapelle! The crack selling baby on the street corner bit always gets me.

I too had an extremely high sex drive after jumping. I also made the mistake of passing time by reading the 50 shades of grey books during my first month which didn't help matters at all. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:35 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hahaha, Yes those scenes are absolutely hilarious.

I bought the 50 shades of grey book for the wife. Was this a good or a bad decision Tiny?

Am I now inferior? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It will most likey be a very good thing for you. The writing is juvenile but if she can get lost in the story, it will be to your benefit. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:22 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hopespring - Promise last post where I'm derailing this Choo Choo Train.

Tiny, - Aha! That was my overall suspicion, I'm glad I bought it now haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OMGosh, I forgot about the baby selling crack!! WTBF, you talkin' about Clayton Bigsby? LOL!!

Next to the two Rick James skits, my favorite is Black Bush. When that reporter asks him if the war was about oil, he says, oil? Oil? You cookin' bitch? LOL!!!!!!

WTBF and others, have you ever heard of Engelbert Humperdinck? If so, check this out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckGmMO0zbJo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:24 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Alot more relaxed this thread is, and it is a great reflection of what has passed,

Romeo,
Cheers for Clonidine advice, what an amazing drug...Very smooth, and great for sleep.

Just got off a 3 hour classic snooze during day, Jesus, have i missed those..........

I am repairing, it is amazing to witness this, albeit the speed of recovery,.
Yes experiments we are..

WTBF:

You will be just as painfree as you desire, i promise you, I am getting bouts of painfreeness, and it feel just as good as subs.
Its prob. just the wd's making you think it won't. You will be reborn my friend, and pain will not cross your thoughts, just as it did when you were pre opiates.

HS
15 days off subs, and noticing that mornings are hard , but after lunch, I seem to be completely sweet.

BIG NEWS

Am no longer going without major sleep(at least 4 hours straight) sleep for extended periods of 48 hours, like in first two weeks.
I would sleep one night 4 hours , and then nothing the next night,. This cycle seems to have finished, am am fresh each day now, not every other day.

I can now function every day, and give my best friend(house mate) , my full attention, and help around house, and at evenings. I was a mess every other day, and that seems to have gone. Yay.

Ch.ch. ch. ch. changes,

I think I will take her out for dinner tonight, as I could imagine having a vege on a couch for most of a week, is a bit disconcerting.
We know each other so well over the last 20+ years, and we can read moods without need to talk, so I have probably given her, her fair share of wor

HS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:20 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Treat her to something very nice indeed! I've done the same for my wife, she for Damn sure needed it. I was a born complainer the first 8 days. I've also started to feel the bouts of pain-free ness and the worst time oddly for me is like 12-3pm. Only time I feel...not bad but off...noticeably.

I suggest dinner and a comedy ;) or buy the entire season of Dave chapelle...Hahaha.

Romeo I'm going to respond in my thread to some hilarious stuff to read later!

Hopespring keep chuggin buddy! It's odd how were both at about the same level with two completely different methods. Guinea pigs unite!

Post subject: Drum Roll ......
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:48 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Bam

Day 16 or something

Slept 6 hours during day, and then slept Like a normal human being , at night from 4-10am.

YES, Kids, thats 10 hours sleep in one day, but wait, it doesn;t stop there. Guess what else happened.

Bam

COULD NOT STAY AWAK DURING MOVIE, YES, ACTUALLY HAD THAT BEAUTUFUL, NON OPIIOD NOD, THING HAPPENING

It was the first real tiredness, in 16 days..............

Then went to bed, and slept 6 hours, and felt beautiul on waking, tired comfy, etc.

THE NUEROCHEMISTRY IS REPAIRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW

HS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:05 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Day 18

Started work today for the first time, in 2 weeks.
Was wondering how I would go, and everything was fine,. Lots of energy, no malasie, and actually feeling pretty darn good.

I wanted to quickly add that one member here, has wondered why even when going as low as .04mg, over 2.5 years, why I would suffer any appreciable WD at all.
well, you just do, And the main symptom, is lack of sleep.

You basically skip all the horror stuff, and are left with like a cold turkey wd, but 1/10th or even 1/20th of the severity.
You get everything, smurf size.

There are about 20 or so harsh symptoms of bupe wd, and I was given the gift of insomnia, only.
Never bad RLS, no stomach or mind issues, and most of all no real maliaise to speak off.

All the symptoms peaked at day 7 or something, and I felt bloody amazing on day 11 after jumping.

So why the Insomnia, only?(smurf insomnia remember, little, and manageable)

I suppose because, after being on bupe for 5 years, regardless of how low dose you go.
Your recpeters are going to be covered artifically, and I guess, things have to happen, when you stop.
Just imagine al those hungry hungry receptors on jumping,. And thats, why most people get insomnia, even of little doses.

I think it is all about severity,
Some hell men may not sleep for 30 days after jumping from 2-8mg.
Some people may only have 1 or 2 weeks insomnia.
And I fell into the 1-14 days of insomnia,.

I hope this clears things up a bit.
But my main reason for going so slow, was to adjust my brain, and I feel that it has really helped.

HS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:01 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Cross Trainer

I have a simple version of one of these, they cost under $100 for the one I have.

I really like this machine, Its easy to start on, and makes a big difference, if you have a little soreness, or tight muscles.

What I have found, is that if you do a hard burst of say 5 mins, and do this every other hour, or only twice a day, it is quite simply amazing. It sets up your whole day, with energy, and a nice feeling.

For me, after a good hard workout, an hour or so later, I start to feel, really good, and it seems, to really aid sleep, on that day.
I did a test yesterday, and it really seemed to help my sleep.
It actually makes you feel really nice, and I hope others who are struggling, can get one of these similar machines.

HS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:10 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

When you wrote day 16 or something I busted out laughing. Absolutely hilarious, I've felt the same lately when trying to update my thread...wtf day am I on now?!?!

Aha that cheered me up a little.

Keep chuggin buddy!

WTBF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HS, LOL!!! We have an elliptical machine almost identical to the one you're showing.

During my early wd, I would get on that sucker and run until I almost passed out (which took all of 2 minutes back then). That's how I dealt with my RLS.

Further into my recovery, I started using it for exercise and got the exact same feelings you did. For me, it's like an anti-depressant machine!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:30 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I hate all you guys who talk about feeling good from exercising. Wahh!! Why can't it be that way for me? I mean, I feel better about myself after I do some kind of fitness but not to the point where it motivates me to be consistent. I want to be addicted to exercising. That would be my dream come true. Right now it is just a pain in my side and I hate the way my clothes fit these days. (pity party of one)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:54 am 

Make that a pity party of two! I want to enjoy exercising too, or better yet, be addicted to it, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards. I guess I'll just keep plugging along. :/