It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good work! Keep posting. It's great to read about your recovery.

Are you doing any kinda exercise?

Post subject: 5 weeks
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:45 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Thanks TD and TJ,

Week 5 update

I am happy to report, that I have very little to report.

I am feeling great, during daytime, I feel better and better everyday, and feel 100% back to normal during day.
My body feels strong, and remnants of lack of sleep (ie slight mind darkeness, have dissapeared)
I am getting anywhere from 5-8 hours of sleep per night.

The only exercise I am doing is a 30 minute brisk walk every day, as I waiting for my new cross trainer to arrive.

Its quite amazing to have your sleep ripped away from you, and then haing to relearn, slowly.

I can now feel really nice in bed, and can get 5 hours straight sleep, regularly.

I think it is important, that people know, that I feel really good, and 100% repaired from the WD.
I think now, It is just a matter of time before, I get 8 hours straight sleep.

HS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hope, that may take even a little bit longer than you think. I'm close to 6 months off Sub now and in the last month or so, I really started getting, and even wanting 8-10 hours a night. And I love it. You will too. I never knew how much I missed sleeping during all those years getting fake sleep off of opiates.

Happy for you. Keep that work up, it really keeps getting better and better and better.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:22 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hi Seasony,

I'll take that as a challenge,...lol

When my son was young, around 6 or something, and he had friends over, if they got bored, I would say to them, first person asleep gets $5.00. It was just priceless to see the effort, of them pushing hard, to try and sleep.

Obviously, it never worked, but still a priceless moment, of comedy, and hope.

HS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:03 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hey seasonasdad,(seasony)

I forgot to say,

I will see your 8-10 hours of sleep after 6 months,
And raise you 5-7 hours sleep at the 5 week mark.

:)

HS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:13 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

hopespring wrote:
WTBF,

That's probably the nicest thing someone has said to me, in a while.

You are also, my security blanket, as I feel your simultaneuos journey, is keeping me sane, also.

It just makes it easier, doesn;t it, having someone, sharing what we are going through.

I deeply believe you are one strong son of a B****. My family, son, also, are sharing this journey,.
And as you would know, the support is priceless.

Your post gave me such a lift yesterday, and I worked hard all day, in a good mood, after reading your post.

I reached another psychological goal post, influenced by you, that I fully function now, and work is no longer suffering.

For the first time, in 30 days, I feel truly fixed, not just physically, but mentally too.

My sleep is really good now, I feel just like the way I wanted to, yesterday, 100% now. I feel just like, before I started Bupe.

Sleep is returning, occasional head darkness, die to lack of sleep, has lifted, and I am just feeling so much better every day.

Peace and great love for you WTBF,
We are almost there.

HS

Oh the fact I've not seen this till now causes me some heart ache. I've been neglecting the forums a bit lately and trying to focus on my significant other who is going through a rough patch that I've all but ignored until recently.

Hopespring I'm glad that post effected you in such a positive way. You've posted so many things that have done the same for me. I can't even imagine not having you as one of my crutches throughout that horrible first two weeks.

I've managed to realize some of those motivation increases as well. At work I've felt passionate, more alive. Willing to try again. Wanting to do well for myself, my family and not just saying fuck it everyday. I've missed that. It makes me extremely happy to see you've experienced the same. That was one of my last major goals in this process. - Motivation - the urge...no the Want and will to do well. To want to try and succeed.

Hope you're very well spoken -written?- I love how you can put feelings into your writings. I know and can relate so well to everything you write. It brings back the day 10 emotions at times. I'm so ridiculously happy for you. I'm so happy you're just inches from being completely free from this. Were at the point of worrying about other things than addiction. Other things than the next stupid strip we need to take to feel normal. It's such a magical feeling.

Where you wrote - "I'm happy to report, I've got very little to report" made me bust out laughing. It's so true. I've run out of symptoms to write about. I could write all day about how I've gotta rush to the bathroom randomly, but it seems...so minuscule compared to what there was to write about.

I use to be a huge pot head. I tried smoking during the worst of my withdrawals and it actually intensified my anxiety ( probably a rather bad time to try). I'm going to reconnect with a pot head friend later this week and try it again. I miss my weed. Probably had some leverage in my drug experience days but I feel past that. I'd personally just like to get stoned again, and eat my fridge.

This time without overwhelming anxiety to fuck up my buzz. Aha!

Hopespring I had a post on my thread telling me I'm an inspiration. I just wanted to let you know, you're my inspiration. Every time you write something new I can relate to it so easily. You're the best buddy. You've kept me sane at some of my worst times. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Keep on keeping on hope! Pretty soon will be the old timers around here preaching methods from long time past ( and I can't wait to be at that point ) ;)

Much love from me and my family!

-Andrew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:23 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I wanted to add - the feeling of dying from lack of sleep - feels greatly exaggerated to me now as well. Time and thought process can change even the most dire of outlooks.

Atleast I know if I get afflicted by a case of extreme insomnia in the future, that at the 10 day mark I'll be able to say - I've watched every single episode of everything playing right now, and I'm indeed more knowledgeable than the smartest human alive in television trivia. I feel It's about time to start applying to get on one of these knowledge television shows. I've got about 200 hours of insomnia knowledge I'm dying to share.

Haha!

-Andrew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:17 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Hi Andrew,

Yes, we are two peas in a pod,.
When I cruise around, and see other member's posts, and I come across your bits, I see such a similiar psycology, in the way you are reacting, and feeling.

I do see a simillarity, that makes me chuckle sometimes too.

case inpoint, on some other thread, where people are whinging about never being ble to give up opiates, etc.

And you and I come in , on the same level.
Basically, we are both disgusted, and have no time for people, that refuse, to accept , that this can be done.

I think this happens because this forum promotes, the use of bupe and the abstinence of bupe, Which does my head in sometimes.
Its like going through 30 days of wd's whilst living with mates who are using,. Very odd.Bu,t hey, that's life right?
well not for me, anyway, I make a purposeful effort in life to stay the hell away from people that are using opiates, or any addiction, for that matter, that I am trying, or have beaten.,

I totally agree about the insomnia, and the hundreds of hours lost. How the f**k can a drug do this.
Truly, evil, and then people say, nah, its great, and then others say, I just cannot help myself to use?

Have they forgotten, what the hell they have gone through?
And the answer, invariably, is YES.

anyway, love your work, WTBF,
Don't go anywhere, and keep, posting, lets bust this wd profile wide open.

I am 100% here with you mate,
If your partner needs to speak to mine, she is more than welcome, if she is struggling,. I know mine is struggling, with me, some of the time.,\

Matty (HS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:41 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Day 38

From the Journal of Selective Opiate Detox Stratergies.(SODS). FEB 2013 DOI:Hopespring

Intro

Much and consistent anecdotal evidence exists on the subject of Opiate WD relief via Moderate Physical Excercise.
It was my hope to try and quantify this phenomenon, into a manageable, reliable tool, for relief of Opiate WD. Specifically in the areas of sleep and well being.

Method

For my experiments, I chose, a simple yet, common vehicle, to achieve the physical exercise needed to release endogenous opioids, and therefore offer relief to a person, in mild withdrawal(PAWS). Walking was found to be sufficient, in producing the desired results.
Distance, elevation and time were recorded, along with physical results, including sleep improvements, mood, and wellbeing.

Findings

Over a period of 2 weeks, a 30 min. brisk walk, over roughly 2 kms, at 0 degrees incline, provided significant results, within 20 mins of cessation of exercise.

These effects lasted almost 12 hours, and improved not only sleep drop off time, but also sleep duration, and symptomatic relief on waking.

This testing was done, via a + 30 days after discontinuation of Suboxone.

Significant improvement after 20 mins included relief of all physical joint pain, weakness and or malaise, for the next 12 hours.
Mood, and energy levels dramatically increase, to the point of complete baseline.(normality) Exercise was performed at 6:00 pm each night.

HS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:11 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I have been documenting my Journey outside of this forum, for around 2 years.

I am going to publish it online soon, once I get it edited.
It is my aim, to have it available for free, and to help us to get of subs.

Anyways, here is a rough draft. Remember it is rough.

thought i better do a quick read through, for legal reasons,...lol
(link temp. removed)

Post subject: Bupe Theory
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:15 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I just had this crazy thought yesterday, whilst enjoying a stroll through the suburbs.
(or a meander through the tulips, which ever you prefer), personallly, I like the Tulips but...

I digress.......

Why is it that peeps, who rid themsleves of sub addiction, when asked how the withdrawl was, they invariably say,
" It was not that bad..!"

I think I can put forward, a working theory,....

I actually had the same feeling myself yesterday, I was feeling brilliant, the sun would not stop kissing me, and the feeling of wellness, just would not quit. As I was walking, I thought, hold on a minute, When I look back on the wd, FOR SOME REASON, I now think, that it was not that bad.

I know this is quite illogical, because, it has been hell,. Insomnia sux, no matter what the severity.
Its not just the insomnia, its the waking up, the frustration, and the weird pains, your body seems to accumuilate whilst asleep, that dissapear, once the circulation, gets flowing...

Anyways....

It hit me, I am over Wd's, I feel, just bloody normal, and i thought about it a bit longer,. The wd, i suffered, and all the sleep I missed, and all the crap pain, etc, just dissapeared on hindsight.

it really was nothing at all, i said, still know, that this was crap.

It let me to conclude, that this is the feeling you get, when you have finished your WD cycle.

So, if you find yourself saying to yourself, the 30 or 40 days of wd, were not that bad, then there is a very good chance, your done.!!!!!!!

Yippe Yi Yo

HS

And here is my recovery

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7984&start=25

Post subject: Love this Song
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:44 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Sia, David Guetta ( She Wolf)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVzljDmoPVs[/youtube]

Please make sure to view in full screen.

I really love this song, I interpret it as the struggle of woman amongst the evils of Man.

I detest violence, and as a male, often I am embarrassed of our gender/race, for being such a war starting violent bunch, of freaks.

I really feel for the wolf(woman) as she is pursued, by a bunch of testosterone fueled Neanderthal's.

Enjoy

HS

And here is my recovery

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7984&start=25

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:22 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey Matty,

I've only got a few minutes but plan on writing a real reply either tonight or tomorrow, can you link me your blog about the two years via message?

I'd love to read through!

Hope everything is well buddy

Much love

-Andrew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:29 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

to matty & andrew:

i just had to relocate after this many years my log in information to let both of you know how thankful i am for having read both of yer experiences here. we don't always find out that something we've put out there has helped someone else out there, but this is one of those times where i think it's pretty necessary.

yer posts are so uplifting, positive and inspiring. i am able to relate 100% to what i have read here so far, i do plan to finish reading yer journey thread.

i'd definitely reached the point where i was c.o.o.k.e.d. by the bupe, and the hubs and i are READY. since returning to this forum after having an awakening about this whole thing, i was really surprised by how many ppl are going through this exact same thing.

in short, thank you both for posting your experiences and keeping up with the updates because it really, truly HELPS.

THANK YOU.