Yes 83%  83%  [ 5 ]
No 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Dkn 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: My hope my success
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:30 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been on tabs for 8 years my youngest child does not know me without the pills. Im scared and feel like I'm alone on this journey but failing is not a option. I have found myself chasing the pill at whatever the cost. I woke up today after many restless nights and decided to go to a suboxone clinic. I was scared to death but the doctor gave me peace of mind. I got rid of every pill I had cuz if I had any I would take them. The worst part was that I had to wait for the withdraws to come on something I try to avoid at all cost. So they came I wanted to get a tab so bad. I held out as long as I could I broke a suboxone in half and put it in my mouth OMG it was nasty but I was willing to do anything at this point. I not gonna lie I didn't have much faith in this drug. 10 min past nothing ,15 very little relief ,20 min thinking it's working,and 30 min I knew I was gonna kick this. I plan on a life clean if you have advice or words of encouragement please send them my way it's nice to know someone is listening to me :P

Post subject: Re: My hope my success
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What a great decision you have made to treat your addiction with a life saving medication. My advice to you would be to continue taking the Suboxone as instructed by your doctor. Also, going to some sort of addiction counseling or NA meetings of some sort. There are even online meetings too.

Once you start to get into a routine of taking your medication and getting support on a regular basis, I would consider exercising (if you don't already). This really seems to kick in the good feelings that enhance the suboxone.

Just being on this forum is a great start to gain support of others who are going through the same struggles.

Good luck to you and keep up the great work!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:33 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Day 2
We'll today is ok 1/2 seem to be to much didn't sleep. At 3pm I took 1/4 It seem a little better but it made me sleepy. 2 days clean meany more to come, :P Proud of this small success

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:41 am 

You should be proud!! You've made an incredible step forward toward putting your life together! Your children will benefit from a sober mom. Congratulations!

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

If your looking for support than you have come to the right place!
Of course we think you can kick a tab habit, but truly, it's up to you. You sound like you want it, but as per some advice you have already gotten, you really need to use this time in the beginning to start laying a foundation for sobriety. It sounds crazy, but in the beginning is the easiest. Recovery is new and and you're proud and determined.... it's when you start to get comfortable, bored even that the relapse monster starts to really rear it's head. I know all too well... When you start to feel comfortable and start to feel like you have control, you start to talk yourself into things like "This time it will be different, I can control it". This is why during the "honeymoon" phase you should work extra hard to start arming yourself with the tools you'll need on how to say "NO".

I hope I am not scaring you or raining on your parade, because I have NO intention of that. I just want to make sure that you (as well as telling myself) that we will be fighting a long war...

I am so glad that you found us as the information and support you will find here is nothing less than amazing. Please post with your progress and please don't hesitate to ask questions or voice concerns... or if you just want to talk PM me. Like I said, we all want to see you succeed....

Hope to see you around the forums for a long time to come. and no matter what it is, please always feel like you can share with us. We are here to support, not to tear you down although there may be some tough love mixed in no one here will judge you. We have all been where you are and no matter what you are going through, you are not alone. You will find the support you need to keep you on track no matter the situation.

Much love and lots of luck,

John

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:50 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you so much .....still on the road to recovery. It's hard but I'm still on my path

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:06 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Good for you! I didn't sleep the first two nights starting suboxone. This is a great treatment, you will magically see your life fall back into place. Congratulations!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:35 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Good luck to you! And I was wondering how are you now??? An update is much appreciated :) So, hang in there :)