It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: home remedies
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

what will help the w/d?? especially after the benzos ur doc gave u ran out and he wont prescribe anymore...still have the chills, still get anxious very easily, as well as agitated...all im taking is benadryl, what elses can i do??? im on day 12

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Are you getting any exercising at all? That helps to get your natural endorphins going and that's exactly what your brain needs right now. So try to get outside and at least take some walks.

Have you asked your doctor about Clonodine? It's not a benzo, but just a blood pressure medication and is often used off-label for opiate withdrawals. I can't imagine your doctor would turn you down for that. It's worth asking anyway.

Good luck and I hope you get some relief soon.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Warm showers / baths! Out of everything non-drug we can do "ourselves" to help our detox, a hot bath is always the thing that brings me the most relief. All the muscle cramps, the goose bumps, hot / cold shakes ... while in a bath, it feels like they've nearly vanished.

How many benzos were you taking and for how long? Some of the agitation you are feeling may be related to bounce-back anxiety from running out of benzos.

Other home remedies? Muscle stretches, drink plenty of water. There was a junkie myth down here that Tonic-water helps the muscle aches, because of the Quinine. I tried it and thought it helped, but may have been psychological. Try and keep your head occupied. If you feel up to it, go on a walk.

Even with every remedy under the sun, detox is still painful unfortunately. Clonidine can take the edge off, but nothing can make a detox pleasant. Apart from the feeling of getting into a warm bath! :D

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Even though I have not gotten off sub, when I taper I feel some wd. I take hot bathes & I will add unfiltered applecider vinegar. That helps, along with epsom salt, I even add extra virgin coconut oil, it just feels good. You can add some of those things to your tub. They really help. Of course advil, tylonal and or/ asprin. Definitely what hatmaker mentioned, exercize. Even a walk does wonders. You see I read where the sun gives your melatonin & seratonin a boost and helps your body establish better sleep patterns. So if you are anywhere near the sunshine even laying out in it for an hour will help you a great deal. Course sunblock is going to prevent a sunburn which on top of wd will not feel good. You are right around the cprner friend, I feel it. Keep pressing on and one day you will wake up and notice thjat you have not felt crapy for a couple of days. I hope for you that comes sooner than later. I find that counting my blessings helps in every way too... heads up, you are on the right track... hope this helps