It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Holy Temptation Batman!!
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:52 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I was rummaging through my car this morning looking for a bracelet and I stumbled upon an oxycodone. I could not believe it was in there. After almost a year - right under my nose and I didn't even know it. I sat in my car and stared it and thought back to that warm feeling. And then I remembered that it was never enough. Sure, I could take that one, but then what? It wouldn't be enough. I'd start obsessing "coming down" and needing another one. No matter what, it was just never enough.

So I literally ran inside (so as to not change my mind!) and flushed it down the toilet. I couldn't believe I'd done that. I almost cried. Not because I was sad but because of how far I've come.

Anyways...I'm super fucking proud of myself and I just had to share.

Addiction free since 7/18/13
Sub free since 11/1/13

"the only way out is through"

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Fuckin brilliant! !!! I wish I had your strength

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good job! something very similar happened ti me after about two months of being onsubs, cleaning out the car and found a baggie full of em. I made s thread about it called the sneaky monster, cause that's what opiate addiction is...a sneaky monster that is always waiting to get you when you least suspect! I think it's under misc Suboxone issues, anyway... I still don't know how it got there or where it came from and I don't care, but like you,I thought about it for a few minutes and ran to flush those suckers! it felt great!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:50 pm 

That is completely awesome! Good job and way to go!!

Amy

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You should be super fucking proud of yourself!!!!!!!!!!

If I may, I'd like to offer up this experience. Through my recovery, the times when I felt strongest in overcoming my addiction were usually followed fairly quickly by a crash and burn. I'm so happy for you that you flushed that oxy, but don't let yourself think that you have the upperhand on your addiction. I hate to sound like an asshole by saying that and I hope you understand I'm totally rooting for you, just wanted to share my experience so you don't fall into the same potholes I did.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:05 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Romeo wrote:

If I may, I'd like to offer up this experience. Through my recovery, the times when I felt strongest in overcoming my addiction were usually followed fairly quickly by a crash and burn. I'm so happy for you that you flushed that oxy, but don't let yourself think that you have the upperhand on your addiction. I hate to sound like an asshole by saying that and I hope you understand I'm totally rooting for you, just wanted to share my experience so you don't fall into the same potholes I did.

You're not an asshole. I always appreciate what you say. I take no offense and you are right. I know how powerful this problem can be. I know that if I take one, I might as well take 100 because I'll be at it daily immediately. It's just how I roll.

A lot of good things have happened since I've been clean. As you may remember, I lost my job a couple weeks after I stopped subs. It was such a hard time for me. I felt so down and depressed, but now I know it was for the best. If I was being honest, that place was super toxic for me. Since then, I've finished up on some education, obtained certification in my field, and I also started working with the doctors office who helped me. So that's been really rewarding and I think has helped keep me accountable.

I know that if I continue to do good, good will come my way. It's always how it's worked in my life. Karma, good or bad, has always come back to me.

I do take wellbutrin which has worked amazingly for me, both as an antidepressant and for my ADHD. I feel calm and centered and can't believe what an emotional, stressful, crazy train I was on less than 1 year ago.

"the only way out is through"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:05 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Romeo wrote:

I needed that because pot holes are everywhere, but what he said was true, its never fills the void so why? addict minds wana know
:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, the potholes are everywhere.....and I think my addict brain steered me towards every damn one of them!! Stupid ass brain!! :)