It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:04 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

ok, so, i switched to subutex for cost reasons and also because i thought it would lessen the problems i'm having with my mouth. i took the tablet, then the strip, and now i'm taking the generic bupe manufactured by roxann labs. anyhow, i have terrible blisters and a tear in the bit of connective tissue at the bottom of my tongue. i literally am on the verge of tears every time i have to take a tablet and want to avoid dosing as much as possible this hurts so bad. any tips? is buchal absorption a possibility (i.e. between the cheek and gum)? cause i'm about at my wits end all over silly ulcers and mouth sores. that said, i've looked into other reasons for the sores, i'm generally in good health.

any advice much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I recently posted a thread about suggesting that people with these mouth sores seemingly from the films to report said side effect to the FDA. The title is something like "For those of you with mouth sores". There's a link to report it to the FDA. I would encourage people to report this, as otherwise they simply won't know about this otherwise.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:46 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

hatmaker,

i saw your thread. i will make a report. it's so easy to do now that it's online. i just wondered though because i don't take the strips anymore. i'm on generic subutex and it almost seems like it's worse. i even stopped taking my sublingual b12 and switched to an alt delivery route for that to make sure that wasn't causing it. i have noticed that the tablets are still sweetened with acesefuleme potasium and i have heard of that causing the ulceration just due to allergy (though it's fine in my coke zero)....

oh weird wacky side effects... how fun you make life.

but i took my sub at 7 when i got up, it's 8.45 now and my mouth is on FIRE. the only thing that helps is i go get a big cup of crushed ice after my 20 minutes is up and hold a mouthful under my tongue to extinguish it. using benzocaine based oral pain relievers has not been helpful.

anyone got some home remedies?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I know your pain I got terriable mouth sores from Sub as well and dosing with them in your mouth is even worst what I would do is make it powder so it would not take as long with I had these problems but once I switched the strips that was not possible so I would put it on the roof of my mouth which actually made things worst because the meds didn’t work as well. Talk to your Dr about this you may have a serious allergy problem to the drugs in these medications and if you contine to take them if you have these problems could only make things worst. I mean your only method if that is the problem would be switching to methadone or talking to your DR about bupernext injectables i think it is but i heard those dont works as well but i dont know this for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:40 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

bupernex? holy cow. if i were to go on that i'd have to take so many shots! no wonder people say it doesn't work as well, it's nowhere near the amount of med in a tablet. that said, i know the bioavailability of im/iv is much much higher but i don't think that's the long term depot form of suboxone which to my knowledge is only in testing in australia. anyway, interesting thought. methadone isn't an option. now that i know any part of the oral mucosa can absorb the pills i'm gonna start crushing and rotating the site at which i take my medication. it's painful as hell, but i don't think it's an allergy to bupe itself. funny, i took bupe about three years ago, in the 2mg tabs and never had an issue. anyway, we'll see how this new plan of attack goes. thanks for all the feedback.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:23 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The blisters are from the film!! This happened to me. I had them BADDDDDLY for about a month. So badly I had to go to the ER. What I ended up doing was taking an aspirin....crushing it up with water and making a paste. Take the paste and it it on the sores and put pressure on it. Burns like a MOTHER but the blisters went away quickly after that. Plus the paste put a protective coat over it and it didnt hurt as bad.

Post subject: mouth sores
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:49 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I feel your pain this is my third week and sores under my tongue suck.I will try the aspirin paste i sure hope it works.I was on really high dose of methadone 90 mills a day and i feel good except for the sores,fair trade off?