It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:50 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey guys its been a looooong time since my last post but I feel this community is amazing, helpful, and the right place to turn. I have been on subs pushing 3 years now. Started at 8mg but within a year i dropped to 4mg. Lately things have been slow at work so i thought no better time to just quit it altogether! I got two weeks off and all the necessary "tools". Clonodine lorazapam and 5-HTP which was reccomended by a friend.

The reason I make this post is i am a little confused and cautiously optomistic. I went from 4mg to 1mg with no problems at all. Next day i took .5 mg then the same next day. Today i have taken nothing and quite frankly i feel pretty decent. I guess i jist dont understand the half life as well as I should but, is the worst over or is there a more prolonged effect? Sorry if i missed similar threads but i didnt really find anything particular to my situation. Any thoughts guys? Also: shoutouts to TJ Hat Romeo and the rest of you that got me through the horrible induction. Thanks everyone!

Prodigy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've had a few patients who had minimal withdrawal. But most people have about 6-8 weeks of fatigue, malaise, and jerking limbs-- similar but less severe, than when stopping a pure agonist.

The matter of whether you are finishing, or not yet starting, depends on the amount of buprenorphine in your body. Some people dose very 'efficiently', and then when they stop, their blood level is so high that they have no withdrawal for a week. I would recommend that you find out where you are with things, by stopping completely. If you just feel better over time, you can count yourself as 'blessed' (or maybe you just have a higher tolerance for misery). If instead, you wake up after a few days feeling horrible, that tells you that you still have work to do.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi I just hit day 31 so it can be done. Sobs have a 32hr half life and for me day 4-10 were the worse I wish you the best

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey SP, good to hear from you again!!!

How long have you been off Suboxone? When you went from 4mg to 1mg, how long did you stay at 1mg before trying the .5mg doses?

Answering these questions will help us give you a better indication of what kind of wd, if any, you're looking at.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey to you as well Romeo!!

In answer to your questions I stayed on the 1 mg dose for about 5 days then jumped down to .5mg. I stayed at .5mg for two days and then stopped completely two days ago. After two days of no sub I made my OP. Yesterday I got a little weak and took a SLIVER of sub, maybe .125? Ended up Working out all day yesterday, basking in the sun all day and overall feeling....decent. cautiously optimistic.

AT the time of writing this, my work asked me if I would be ready to come back on Monday, or if I needed another week.

One Question, My doomsday package has Diazapam, Clonodine, 5-HTP, and Lorazepam. I know these help w anxiety but I feel like a zombie and lose my motivation to work out. Any recommendations! would be greatly appreciated!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I hope more people will respond. I have similar questions
and a great amount of fear of the process.
I am trying to figure out how to "join" this post so I get updates.

The only way I knew how to get in on all the info was to post here.

I wish you well with all this. Sounds like you are very well prepared for
it all. I have been on subs for 5 years and my Dr. wants me to start
the process now. I posted elsewhere about this.

Anyhow---my best wishes to you and keep us all posted on how things are going.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:11 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Honestly it has been pretty smoothe overall. The process is as difficult as you make it out to be. What I find works for me is Playing some xbox till i start feeling that antsy, creepy crawly sensation in the legs. Then I have a protein breakfast and workout for a little bit. After, shower. Smoke e cig and thank god im alive and feeling 95% better than I if I was kicking methadone or H.

Basically what I have learned (FINALLY) after years of struggle is to keep your mind busy, dont obsess on how you feel all the time, and dont read the horror stories of sub detox. Chances are they werent doing it right. Lastly, listen to the mods here they are amazing people that really care. Ill try n keep you guys updated as it goes on.

Prodigy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:48 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Glad to hear you're feeling OK and keeping optimistic. I agree, keeping busy helps so you aren't thinking about how you feel ALL the time.

Keep up the good work and please keep posting your experience.

John

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:52 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank you for the kind words guys, means alot! Ill definitely keep checking in with updates as things change. What o would really like to know is if jumping off at low dosing last week will mean a cleaner recovery. Any input would be grateful

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Other than the sliver you took, it looks like you've been off Suboxone for about 4 days now. It looks like you were on 4mg (a pretty low dose) for a good long time. From what I've seen, people who get to a low dose like that and stay there a good while, then continue on down seem to have relatively minor wd.

The fact that you went from 4mg to 1mg without any symptoms of wd is very encouraging, too.

It's still a bit early in the process for me to say whether you're going to experience wd or not, but I'm thinking from what I've read that you're in a really good spot.

The fact that your attitude is superb and you're working out and you already know not to sit around and obsess over feeling crappy is going to do nothing but help you enormously.

As for the benzo's, I'd dump them if I were you, I don't think you need them. Clonidine alone, if you need it, will suffice.

I don't quite understand your question of jumping off a low dose making your recovery cleaner? Do you mean an eaiser wd because of jumping off a low dose? If that's your question, then yes, jumping from a low dose most certainly makes wd easier than jumping from a high dose.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey again Romeo, and thank you for the encouraging words. Last night was day two with very minor symptoms. I got a little stir crazy late night but got up n did a 45min workout n fell asleep. And yes my question was about jumping at the .5 dose and if that would really matter. Honestly the benzos dont do much anyway just make me feel sluggish. That is exactly what I dont want.

On the Clonodine, should i only take it at night or is morning and night ok? Dunno, guess my addict brain wants me to take SOMETHING fod peace of mind. Still Optimistic!

Prodigy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:39 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Ask your doctor before you take my advice, but I took .2mg of clonodine every 6 hours and it took away a lot of my worst symptoms(the creepy crawly, uncomfortable skin feeling was much more subtle after clonodine). When I was forced to take less because I ran low on pills, my symptoms were much worse. Ask your doctor what the max dose you can take is. Be careful because it lowers your blood pressure and can cause problems if you take too much. If you get light headed or dizzy take less.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thankou so much. Today has been harder than the rest. After feeling bad I did the usual workout, sunbathing and shower routine. Thid time the effects were minimal. I still dont feel horrible but i definiteley dont feel great. I will try the clonodine as the benzos are really all about nothing as far as I can tell. Why do docs prescribe them? Today has definitely been the most challenging.

Prodigy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

How are things going, SP?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Romeo, and good morning from my first normal 8 hour nights sleep in a week! (Hold the applause). So yesterday was day six of my jump from subs if you check the OP. Day started great; worked out twice, ate a nice home cooked meal, fell asleep in the sun to warm the cold bones,etc. Etc. Around 1:00 after catching up on the walking dead I decided to call it a night and took a clonodine and my 5-htp.

This is where things got ugly. For some reason my RLS, which until this point had been non existent decided to come back in full force. Then the panic...scouring these forums 24/7 since my OP I have learned a lot about paws and sub detox. I don't know....I felt as though I was somehow luckier than most, because of my positive attitude, support from all my sober friends and family, the exercise daily and just overall feeling great!

To sum it up I ended up taking 2 5mg Diazapam (valium) as I heard it helpes with the sleep and RLS. After an hour it got worse, I could not relax as now my old addict sensibilities came flooding back. Being completely self aware of how one "feels". The guilt of taking the valium which I had sworn off because I know benzo wd is no joke wasn't the real kicker. I ended up giving into temptation and took a SLIVER, and I mean SLIVER, of a sub and fell asleep like a baby.

It truly is amazing how much mentality plays in opiate recovery. It was probably .125 mg or less that I took, but I feel like I failed myself, my family and it feels like a relapse. *sigh*, I don't know....did I set myself back after 5-6 dahs of cold turkey and feeling marginally great all the while? I do see my dr. Tomorrow and he honestly has no idea im off subs. He wrote me a scrip for clonodine and lorazepam in September when I told him I planned on taking time off work in the winter/spring. And earlier poster mentioned that he/she took 2 clonodine every 6 hours to alleviate symptoms. I Tried this once and honsstly felt as if I jad just taken a dose of sub. I was totally normal. I would like to ask him if there is a safe way to maybe take the clonodine more often as opposed to one before bed and just drop the benzos entirely as they really do nothing but cause possible worse future problems.

I would really appreciate any feedback from this amazing community, If anyone out there has been in this boat at one point or just has their two cents, please feel free tp comment. Hopefully I didnt ruin my hard work and can put this behond me by starting the day fresh.

Prodigy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:09 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi prodigy,

Yes, I took clonodine every 6 hours(sometimes every 4 hrs in those first few days) because it worked so well. I probably took too much because I felt very tired but it certainly took away a lot of my symptoms and worked much better than xanax or klonopin.

In regards to taking some sub, if you really only took .125 on day 6 it probably didn't do much to set you back. If you do it again it probably will set you back both mentally and physically to a greater extent. When I stopped my subs I gave the leftovers to my father. If I had access to them I would have certainly taken a "sliver" here and there. If you are going to continue with your jump you really should either get rid of your sub or give it to a trusted family member in case of an emergency. That way you will really only ask for it if the pain is unbearable. Having access to sub during withdrawal can actually make the withdrawal worse because you know you can feel better if you take some. This makes the mental part even more unbearable and probably adds to the physical symptoms as well. Throw it away!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:42 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

To Livin, I actually gave them to my parents today. You are right its basically like having a bag of dope on my dresser that i could just use when it gets rough. I really am grateful for the clonodine tip. The only downside i find is i get light headed when getting up too fast which makes me think that its low blood pressure. I am just a little nervous about dosing quite that often until I know what a safe amount would be. Hopefully tomorrow at my appt. He will give me the ok because truly, the clonodine is absolutely amazing, almost zero symptoms when I take it. Thanks again for the tip.

Prodigy