It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:21 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I have high blood pressure and cant's seem to get it under control. Does or can Suboxone contribute to my erratic blood pressure?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:10 pm 

I haVe high BP..Well I did. Medicine took care of it. There are many reasons for hypertension as im sure you know.
Mine was discovered 12 years ago. However as my opiate addiction grew Id stopped takimg my meds after watching my numbers drop because of all the percs i was taking.
Clinic found my bp way way high two yesrs ago.. Was the sub the at fault? My opinon...no. I really dont think it is a side effect at all.
Just like my sub dose, i pop in the med and all is well...

Oh and Happy, ya your area, plus Northern Kentucky is very much in the grip of this pandemic. .Same here in northern W.VA..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:28 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

hey Razer55,
I am having trouble controlling my Bp. They have me on 100mgs of metapropol, an adrenalin blocker. My Bp is up and down. I used to be on a calcium blocker and it seemed to work better.
I was just wondering if the subs were contributing to this? I can't seem to find a solid answer about this on the net anywhere. Also I don't know why this certain nurse practitioner changed my meds because I told her what I was taking before. And I too. had stopped taking the Bp medicine when I was indulging in the opiate practice.
And by the way,Ironton and Portsmouth, Ohio was where they shut the clinics down and turned "1200-1500" of us Sub patients to the streets. Shame on "you know who you are" for causing that to happen! Now people are OD ing left and right off of Heroin in that area. I was lucky and got in to a Dr.s office before I ran out of Suboxone. Most were not so lucky.
Anyways, you have a wonderful Saturday night razer55
Talk to you later,
Happy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can't believe that one clinic was seeing so many patients!!! How terrible for that many people to be cut off so suddenly. Of course, the powers that be don't consider these things when they shut down an office. Why should they? It's just a bunch of addicts anyway.... :cry: Makes me sick.

Is the number of patients they were treating one of the reasons they were shut down?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:05 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Actually, it was 3 clinics run by the same person. But I have never seen so many Od's going on in those areas. There were 4 in 1 town within days of each other last week in the town I am from. They are all Heroin Od's too. I know an er nurse that gives me the scoop on these things. Mostly found in bathrooms of businesses and the businesses are beginning to get worried and they want something done about it.
Originally I thought they shut them down to follow the patients to dealers houses because they new they couldn't go without. That was my thought about it. But who knows, the powers that be can ruin innocent peoples lives in a heartbeat. Like I said I was lucky to get in to a Sub Dr. before they quit accepting new patients.
Oh, supposedly they were double charging Medicaid and writing scripts for people that no longer went there is what I had gathered.