It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Hey There
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:05 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just thought id check out this forum,,and introduce myself. Im Tattoo Tommy,,sometimes known as So.Cal. on other forums. Which include addiction survivors,(nabbt),,and sub sux.,,Two very different forums,,one a sub advocate,,and the other just the oposite. I am lookin for a forum that would be ,,if i had my choice a sort of mixture of both those forums,,some pro,,some con,,but i see here it says no debating so i guess this may not be the kind of forum im lookin for.,,I know alot of times debating just turns to arguing so i can understand the reasons behind the "no debating",,I read where it says sometimes where wrong,(untruthful),info may be introduced through such debates,,I dont neccessarily agree with that,,although im sure it happens,,but in the same way,,other (truthful), info may be talked about.,,But thats just me,,i have a habit of just speakin whats on my mind ,which does get me in trouble sometimes,,but anyway,,i just thought id check this place out and see whats what.
I have been on sub almost 8 yrs after bein in a coma for 30 days almost killed me ,,i was prescribed sub.,,sometimes i wonder if i could survive w/o sub ,,im now 57 yrs old and kinda worn out and the thought of using again has no more appeal to me,,but then again im on sub and have no cravings ,,so the only way to know for sure would be to quit.,,After the coma ,, i am on disability,,alot went wrong,,i was also on dialysis while in a coma,,but luckily my kidneys started working again,,thats twice in my life that has happened,,once in the 70's after a heroin overdose my kidneys failed,,tempoarily,,guess im a die hard dope fiend!!,,lol,,Or at least i was,,anyway,,thats it for now,,and im gonna check out more of this forum.
TT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello and welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing some of your story with us. It seems that you have mixed emotions about suboxone, considering the fact that you're a member of Subsux. Don't misunderstand me, that doesn't mean you aren't welcome here, because you certainly are. Just be aware this is a pro-suboxone site. The no debating rule is about respecting the choices of other people, whether it be suboxone, methadone, or any other way to stay in remission. The forum is about supporting each other and providing accurate information about addiction/addiction recovery-remission, and suboxone.

Check out some of our current and past threads and you should get a good idea what our little community is all about. I hope you enjoy us and stick around and participate even more. I'm confident you'll find the people here to be very accepting and supportive.

Again, WELCOME!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

hatmaker510 wrote:
Hello and welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing some of your story with us. It seems that you have mixed emotions about suboxone, considering the fact that you're a member of Subsux. Don't misunderstand me, that doesn't mean you aren't welcome here, because you certainly are. Just be aware this is a pro-suboxone site. The no debating rule is about respecting the choices of other people, whether it be suboxone, methadone, or any other way to stay in remission. The forum is about supporting each other and providing accurate information about addiction/addiction recovery-remission, and suboxone.

Check out some of our current and past threads and you should get a good idea what our little community is all about. I hope you enjoy us and stick around and participate even more. I'm confident you'll find the people here to be very accepting and supportive.

Again, WELCOME!

hey,,thanks for the welcome,,and yea,,im a member of SS,,AND nabbt, so i dont see any problems ,,i aint here to try and tell anyone what to do or not to do,,like i said though,,i do like to speak my mind,,and whatever i say its honest,,that matters alot to me,,i see people who get on these forums and arent always honest,,i tell the bad along with the good, ,and if it helps,,ive been banned from subsux till next month,,i had been a member for many yrs and it turned out to be not the kinda up front and honest forum i thought it was,i doubt i'll be goin back,ok,,now your thinkin,,boy,,this guy must be bad news,,NOBODY gets banned from subsux! :D ,,LOL
TT

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:10 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Tommy,

Just wanted to send you a welcome. Even though this site is pro-suboxone I think everyone's experiences are appreciated and respected. I'm still a new member and new user of suboxone but what I've seen so far is very helpful. I grew up in Southern California too and now live in Tennessee...hope to see you around here more!

Post subject: HEY TOMMY!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I know YOUUUUUUUUU!!!

kinda...... :wink: :wink: :wink:

I like this forum much better than adiction surv. Its got alot more people on it, just alot more 'lively' all together. when I found this one, is when I kinda disapeared over at AS.
Anyways, I think you'll find it has a good mix of both sides of the fence here, and alot more 'regulars'

but like the last week or so , its been a lil slower around here than normal????

Maybe its just me.

ANYWAYS, some real cool peeps here brodda.
Hope you like it, hope ya stick around,
NICE TO 'see' YA!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:16 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

tattoo tommy wrote:
Just thought id check out this forum,,and introduce myself. Im Tattoo Tommy,,sometimes known as So.Cal. on other forums. Which include addiction survivors,(nabbt),,and sub sux.,,Two very different forums,,one a sub advocate,,and the other just the oposite. I am lookin for a forum that would be ,,if i had my choice a sort of mixture of both those forums,,some pro,,some con,,but i see here it says no debating so i guess this may not be the kind of forum im lookin for.,,I know alot of times debating just turns to arguing so i can understand the reasons behind the "no debating",,I read where it says sometimes where wrong,(untruthful),info may be introduced through such debates,,I dont neccessarily agree with that,,although im sure it happens,,but in the same way,,other (truthful), info may be talked about.,,But thats just me,,i have a habit of just speakin whats on my mind ,which does get me in trouble sometimes,,but anyway,,i just thought id check this place out and see whats what.
I have been on sub almost 8 yrs after bein in a coma for 30 days almost killed me ,,i was prescribed sub.,,sometimes i wonder if i could survive w/o sub ,,im now 57 yrs old and kinda worn out and the thought of using again has no more appeal to me,,but then again im on sub and have no cravings ,,so the only way to know for sure would be to quit.,,After the coma ,, i am on disability,,alot went wrong,,i was also on dialysis while in a coma,,but luckily my kidneys started working again,,thats twice in my life that has happened,,once in the 70's after a heroin overdose my kidneys failed,,tempoarily,,guess im a die hard dope fiend!!,,lol,,Or at least i was,,anyway,,thats it for now,,and im gonna check out more of this forum.
TT

Hi Tommy and welcome to the forum.
You have been on sub quite a while now...so good for you...I see it has kept you sober and saved your life...pretty good drug. You are one lucky son of a bitch!! ...I am referring to the coma and the kidney failure before that...you probably took so much stuff everything just shut down...most people die from that...most times kidneys do not return...or livers or anything when you have gone over ...

I was addicted to opiates for 29 years...a little older than you...and of course the more I took, the more I took...I always wondered too...what if my kidneys shut down?? ...and what if everything shuts down....we are both lucky to be alive.

I have been on bup for just 2 years...but not intenting to getting off anytime soon...I know I would be right back out there with my drugs...I am on subutex 12mg. and it has been a miracle drug for me...and I am lucky...my husband of 42 years managed to stay with me through all the shit I put him through...guess he really loves me.

Anyway, after 7 years maybe I will have a different outlook on getting off sub. I still have a lot of things to learn first..like getting rid of my addictive ways...hard to break.

Anyway...we are glad to have you here...I think you will like this forum...a lot of real nice people here...they are sort of like family to me now, even though I don't know who they are...

Slipper

Post subject: Re: HEY TOMMY!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

amber4.14.11 wrote:
I know YOUUUUUUUUU!!!

kinda...... :wink: :wink: :wink:

I like this forum much better than adiction surv. Its got alot more people on it, just alot more 'lively' all together. when I found this one, is when I kinda disapeared over at AS.
Anyways, I think you'll find it has a good mix of both sides of the fence here, and alot more 'regulars'

but like the last week or so , its been a lil slower around here than normal????

Maybe its just me.

ANYWAYS, some real cool peeps here brodda.
Hope you like it, hope ya stick around,
NICE TO 'see' YA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Amber,

Thanks for the welcome,,my memory is shot but your name is real familar to me,,i hope all is well with you,,and yea,,i havent posted at nabbt in a long time,,then i ended up in a war at subsux and got banned ! :twisted: ,but i pretty much pushed em to do it!,,I didnt want to post there anymore, but then someone would say something and id be right back to defendin myself,,really got old,,it was too bad cause i had been with them from the very beginning yrs ago,,I also managed to piss off most at nabbt too!,,but at the begining my mission was to try and bring both sites together,,each site has some good info,,and it just makes sense to me that if you could put it all together people would learn more.
But NOBODY wanted any part of that. I hate it that sub sites have problems sharing info and personal experiences. Nabbt rely's more on scientific studies than actual experiences and i dont think thats right,,and i dont like the idea of comparin sub to insulin,,a diabetic doesnt have much choice about taking insulin and to compare it to sub always bothered me,,and SS used to be good people,,they share their bad experiences though and nabbt dont want people hearin that stuff and get scared away,,but theres truth to some of those experiences and all of us has had to deal with the fear of certain things about sub, and ya cant deal with it if ya just hide from it,,anyway,,my attempt failed , they will always be two very seperate sites.,, I know this is pro sub site but hoping to see people with open minds and not be afraid to voice their opinions.,,If thats not the case,,then i probably wont be around long.
Anyway,,thanks for the warm welcome
TT

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

slipper wrote:
tattoo tommy wrote:
TT

Hi Tommy and welcome to the forum.
You have been on sub quite a while now...so good for you...I see it has kept you sober and saved your life...pretty good drug. You are one lucky son of a bitch!! ...I am referring to the coma and the kidney failure before that...you probably took so much stuff everything just shut down...most people die from that...most times kidneys do not return...or livers or anything when you have gone over ...

I was addicted to opiates for 29 years...a little older than you...and of course the more I took, the more I took...I always wondered too...what if my kidneys shut down?? ...and what if everything shuts down....we are both lucky to be alive.

I have been on bup for just 2 years...but not intenting to getting off anytime soon...I know I would be right back out there with my drugs...I am on subutex 12mg. and it has been a miracle drug for me...and I am lucky...my husband of 42 years managed to stay with me through all the shit I put him through...guess he really loves me.

Anyway, after 7 years maybe I will have a different outlook on getting off sub. I still have a lot of things to learn first..like getting rid of my addictive ways...hard to break.

Anyway...we are glad to have you here...I think you will like this forum...a lot of real nice people here...they are sort of like family to me now, even though I don't know who they are...

Slipper

Thanks slipper,,and yea after 7 yrs i hope you have defeated those addictive ways and you might feel different about sub,,Me?, Im still wonderin! :roll:,,dont know if i can make it w/o sub or not. But as far as im concerned it isnt doin me any harm so i dont have aNy plans of gettin off,,as long as my insurance pays for it,i'll probably be on it another 7yrs,,8 come july.,,I dont know,,but im not worryin about it today,,and i aint out chasin the dragon either,,i know after the coma deal ,,i wouldnt last long using,,i actually died for a minute,,and even after 30 days in a coma ,, 2 months later i was in ER for an OD,,my body cant take anymore partyin,,but hey,,all in all i think i got more than enough partyin done in my life! :roll:
TT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

you should read up on some of the posts in the sections

"bupe in the rearview"
"stopping suboxone"

there was a discussion not long ago, about a few ppl that have quit sub at least for awhile, and how everything
changed for them.
there was also kind of a debate about WHAT info the doctor should give a sub patient, before induction. like saying
people arent told exactly what theyre getting into.

I dont remember the exact title of these, but I know they are there, and not more than two weeks old or so.

HOPE that HELPS

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

qhorsegal wrote:
Hey Tommy,

Just wanted to send you a welcome. Even though this site is pro-suboxone I think everyone's experiences are appreciated and respected. I'm still a new member and new user of suboxone but what I've seen so far is very helpful. I grew up in Southern California too and now live in Tennessee...hope to see you around here more!

Hey homegirl!

Its always nice to meet people from So.Cal.,,i moved back east too, and actually live right next(state) door to you.,Im from long beach and all around L.A. county and Orange county,,I dont know about you but i miss the beach REAL BAD! :D ,,and even after 20 yrs i still havent gotten used to the humidity!!,,or the winters!,,i live in a small town,5,000 people and ended up gettin married and 2 beautiful daughters,,and some bad luck,,tornado took our home,,and lost wife a few yrs back,,but if i had stayed in Calif. where the heroin is id be back in prison or dead for sure,,so my move here was a good one , even though there aint no beach,,there aint no heroin either! :D
take care
TT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

tattoo tommy wrote:
Hey homegirl!

Its always nice to meet people from So.Cal.,,i moved back east too, and actually live right next(state) door to you.,Im from long beach and all around L.A. county and Orange county,,I dont know about you but i miss the beach REAL BAD! :D ,,and even after 20 yrs i still havent gotten used to the humidity!!,,or the winters!,,i live in a small town,5,000 people and ended up gettin married and 2 beautiful daughters,,and some bad luck,,tornado took our home,,and lost wife a few yrs back,,but if i had stayed in Calif. where the heroin is id be back in prison or dead for sure,,so my move here was a good one , even though there aint no beach,,there aint no heroin either! :D
take care
TT

I'm so sorry about your wife, but at least you have your "beautiful daughters". I'm sure they love to hear you say that about them...all girls do! As for missing home, I wasn't much of a beach girl even though I do love it I didn't go much. I'm from SanBernardino County...Fontana and those areas. Alot of my family is in the high desert, Hesperia and Apple Valley. Most of all I just miss the people. My family in particular and the variety of people you get to meet and know there. I feel really comfortable with more down to earth cool folks. Your picture actually reminds me of my Uncle who died a few years ago...he was a heroin addict and had been on methadone for years and years. Finally died of pneumonia because he wouldn't stay at the hospital when he was sick because they wouldn't give him his meds like he was used to taking them. He died in bed at home, could have been prevented very easily. I really miss him.... :cry:

Anyway, enough of my sob story...I hope it works out and you stick around. I'm just getting started with treatment as I mentioned before but I'm doing good. My addiction was to pain pills...mostly hydros. I know that is nothing compared to heroin....but hard enough for me to kick!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

qhorsegal wrote:
tattoo tommy wrote:
Hey homegirl!

take care
TT

I'm so sorry about your wife, but at least you have your "beautiful daughters". I'm sure they love to hear you say that about them...all girls do! As for missing home, I wasn't much of a beach girl even though I do love it I didn't go much. I'm from SanBernardino County...Fontana and those areas. Alot of my family is in the high desert, Hesperia and Apple Valley. Most of all I just miss the people. My family in particular and the variety of people you get to meet and know there. I feel really comfortable with more down to earth cool folks. Your picture actually reminds me of my Uncle who died a few years ago...he was a heroin addict and had been on methadone for years and years. Finally died of pneumonia because he wouldn't stay at the hospital when he was sick because they wouldn't give him his meds like he was used to taking them. He died in bed at home, could have been prevented very easily. I really miss him.... :cry:

Anyway, enough of my sob story...I hope it works out and you stick around. I'm just getting started with treatment as I mentioned before but I'm doing good. My addiction was to pain pills...mostly hydros. I know that is nothing compared to heroin....but hard enough for me to kick!

hey there

really sorry to hear about your uncle,,,and to me whether it be heroin or hydro's doesnt really make a difference to me when it comes to bein hooked,,ya know what i mean? no matter what kind of drug i might be doin ,,I'll take it ALL THE WAY!
San Bernadino huh?,,I used to live there in rialto with my sis once back in the 70's,,and fontana is kinda like the crank capital aint it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey now,

I made a mistake,,todays my b-day and im 56 not 57!,,thats a kinda nice surprise ,,havin a b-day where you actually become younger!! :D ,,also i guess people at SS read over here too, cause i just clicked on the site for the hell of it and now it says im banned permanently! :roll: ,,and it says reason for bein banned-tattoo tommy!,,I got banned for bein me!,,Oh well,,I can handle that,,if bein me isnt good enough for some people then i dont want to be there anyway!,,I just want to hang with honest folks that tell it like it is.
TT
I did want to go back long enough to take away my story and my thread about my wife(frieda), cause if i dont belong there then my wife dont either along with our pictures,,or my story!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

tattoo tommy wrote:
Hey now,

I made a mistake,,todays my b-day and im 56 not 57!,,thats a kinda nice surprise ,,havin a b-day where you actually become younger!! :D ,,also i guess people at SS read over here too, cause i just clicked on the site for the hell of it and now it says im banned permanently! :roll: ,,and it says reason for bein banned-tattoo tommy!,,I got banned for bein me!,,Oh well,,I can handle that,,if bein me isnt good enough for some people then i dont want to be there anyway!,,I just want to hang with honest folks that tell it like it is.
TT
I did want to go back long enough to take away my story and my thread about my wife(frieda), cause if i dont belong there then my wife dont either along with our pictures,,or my story!

I would just call it a lesson learned and leave things be. The best way to leave a site if you're administratively put-out is to do such with dignity, respect and just cut the ties. Registering another nick just to go back and "have a last word" is usually squashed rather quickly, not to mention if the staff is mad they will just delete the post that you make.

Just chalk it up to a learning experience and move away from it with something positive. Keep in mind that all sites are different in how they allow the staff to perform...but every website on earth has a site owner...and that site owner decides what is going to be allowed on his/her site.

Lots of times people think they have some sort of "freedom of speech" or 1st Amendment rights on a website, but that couldn't be farther from the truth...an internet site IS private property, has an owner, and that owner can allow/disallow what they please without ANY rights to the users...it all depends on what the owner wants. Obviously, illegal content and such will cause legal ramifications...but a site owner could make a rule that says "You can't type the word "THE" on this site, if you do, I will ban/kick you" and there's absolutely nothing anyone can do about that. With that said, it sounds like I'm saying that websites (FORUMS) are mostly communist rule...but if you owned a site, you'd have that same right to determine those rules you want to set forth..

Thankfully, here we try our best to talk through any uprisings or disagreements that come up..where usually on other sites they will ban first, ask questions later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:46 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Welcome to this site tatoo tommy.

And fuck subsux! We are glad you are here!

This is a great place to get support......we would love to hear your story and see pictures.

Congrats on turning your life around with the subs. I'm like you, I'm not sure if I can make it without suboxone. I have to be around opiates all day at work (hospital RN) and I don't think I could do that without sub at this point. I've been on it two years so far.

Once again welcome....we hope you stick around!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:18 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

first HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR TATTOO TOMMY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO U . next i am fairly new to site and have been on subs since end of feb. i really have been watching for your posts to see the insight u may have that could b of use to me. keep posting and when i first started reading ur post about making a mistake i thought u had used lol. i too am a taurus and will b 40 in less than a week i wish i could make the same mistake u did. also my husband and his family are from the sanbernadino area (twentynine palms). and i agree with orange doll fuck subsux. i went there to check it out and prefer this site by far. its been a great tool for me. is there any other sites that have been useful for u?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

thanks,

I never had any plans of gettin a last word in,,although i dont like the idea of bein talked about with no way to defend myself,,but no,,my only plans were goin back long enough to delete mine and wifes life from the forum.
TT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Happy Birthday TT!! I like your way of counting birthdays WAY better than the way I used to count birthdays.....using your math, I'm gonna be 43 this year instead of 45!! Hell Yeah!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Romeo wrote:
Happy Birthday TT!! I like your way of counting birthdays WAY better than the way I used to count birthdays.....using your math, I'm gonna be 43 this year instead of 45!! Hell Yeah!!! :D

Ah Ha!,,Yea,,man im a freakin mess! :roll: ,,I coulda swore i was gonna be 58!,,but hell,,56?,,I feel lots better!,,long as i aint in my 60's i feel i still got a shot at a second shot at life!,,my memory is just that i guess,,a memory!,lol,,thats what i lost most in the coma was my memory,,i lose something at least 10 times a day!,,they were gonna pull the plug and decided to do one more test to see if there was any brain function,,and damned if they didnt find some!!,,i dont know where they found it cause im still lookin for it!! :?: and orange doll,,thanks and my story is at the bottom of my post ,,you click on it,,then if ya click on the detox forum it shows pics of coma,,then ya gotta click back to get back to story.,,and thats only part of story,,the rest is at subsux and all my pics and stuff,,I was with them for about 5 or more yrs,,i think we changed names 3 times?,,i dont know,,i did make a few good friends,,at least till the end when i didnt agree with what the owner and moderaters were doin,,oh well,,sometimes i get too much coffee in :lol: me i think!!LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:08 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Tommy...

Have you checked your PM box? At the risk of repeating myself I just wanted to tell you I went to subsux and read your story...or what I could find of it. I wish there was a way you could copy and paste it here...it was a great story! Anyway, I like this site much better too. The other is a little hard to locate what you want to read about to me.