All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:19 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

qhorsegal wrote:
Hey Tommy...

Have you checked your PM box? At the risk of repeating myself I just wanted to tell you I went to subsux and read your story...or what I could find of it. I wish there was a way you could copy and paste it here...it was a great story! Anyway, I like this site much better too. The other is a little hard to locate what you want to read about to me.

No i havent checked my pm's,,thanks for remindin me,,and i did bring my story with me,,its at the bottom of my post ,,you just click on where it says addiction survivors,,cause i had it over there too so i was able to copy and paste it here,,its not as complete as the one at SS,,I dont think it has anything about us losing our home to a tornado,,or me goin to detox and my wife was goin next and we were gonna start a new,,but she died while i was in detox,,and then i fell apart completly,,lost my girls for 6 mos,,but they went and stayed at their sisters and they were the only reason i didnt commit suicide,,everyday i would try and find a loop hole that would let me do it!,,but there was none,,and now im happy to say that after almost 3 yrs i have plans on gettin our familty back together ,,we are together as far as living here,,and a grandaughter,,but i meaqn gettin closer and its working,,have a long way to go,,and its a never ending job,,17 and 18 yr old girls arent the easiest thing ,,but i love em to death and im so happy i finnally came out of the kinda hell i was allowin myself to live in.,,anyway,,thats ther end of my story if anyone reads it.
TT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

People are forced to register and become a member of that site to read your story..and we're not trying to send our members somewhere else to read something. It would be best if you just posted it here on this site (physically, not a link to it), instead of directing people to visit another website outside of this one.

Not only that, it's also bad forum etiquette to discuss other sites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:09 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

jonathanm1978 wrote:
People are forced to register and become a member of that site to read your story..and we're not trying to send our members somewhere else to read something. It would be best if you just posted it here on this site (physically, not a link to it), instead of directing people to visit another website outside of this one.

If you look at the bottom of my posts you will see that i have my story posted that comes from where it were it was posted at nabbt,,another pro sub site.,,anyway,,its not where the story came from,,its the story itself i thought as i wrote it yrs ago!
And i certainly have no intention on tellin anyone to go to SS,,a site that has banned me,,and if i did by accident then i apologize,,no one need register anywhere to read my story,,just click on bottom of post and thats it.As far as directing anyone to another site,,i only posted that i have been a member of SS and nabbt for yrs,,oh yea,,i used to visit ODR too,,but that doesnt mean im directing anyone to go there,,i havent been the for yrs.
TT

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:36 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

jonathanm1978 wrote:

I dont understand why its bad to discuss other forums?,,Or anything else for that matter that may not be good for the people of this forum!?,,I mean if you know for a fact that someone on another forum is spreading some things that are untruthful and could be harmful to someone here?,,I dont know anything about bad forum etiquette,,i only know i cant get into SS to retrieve any of the helpful threads that could be of help to people,,possibly even save some lives like the thread on asperating,,which happens to alot of addicts who dont even know what it is.,,but its real,,and it happens alot,,i guess i could make a thread here to warn people,,ive tried to do that since it happened to me.

just checkin to see if you can post pics here?,,If so this is me and daughter on my 69 triumph!
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa21 ... myBike.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, that comment about it being bad etiquette to discuss other sites is a new one on me too. Many of us on this forum have discussed the NAABT site before, we've directed people to the SAMSHA site or to the NIDA site. Tearjerker posted links to sites about addiction and recovery, which I found to be very helpful. Now all of a sudden it's bad etiquette?

We're addicts struggling to live with our disorder, we need more information, not less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What jonathan means is it's bad form to refer someone from OUR forum to another forum. Why send someone AWAY from our forum? We want to KEEP our members here, not send them elsewhere. Why would we want to do that?

And yes, it's true, in order to read your story they have to REGISTER with NAABT/Addiction survivors. So I'll second what jonathan said - just post your story here in it's own thread.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Even directing them to the NAABT (The National Alliance of Advocates for Buprenorphine Treatment) forum is a no-no? Are we more interested in the health of this forum or the health of our members?

I could see why we would discourage folks from going to other forums if we were selling a product or a service, but we're not, we're trying to help addicts. There are some great forums out there with some terrific information aimed at helping addicts, why would we not want to spread the word? Protecting how many members we have here should be a distant second to helping our members find everything they need to aid them in their recovery, IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

ok,,i get it,,but i dont have to register anywhere,,have you clicked on my story at bottom of my post?,,when i do it just goes to the story.,,but i guess if its a problem,,not one i intended,,i could copy and paste it here so it wouldnt go anywhere else,,I understand your concerns,,i just thought people would be reading story,,not where it came from.
sorry,
TT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It goes to the thread for you because it automatically signs you in. But for people who are not members there, it will go to a sign in/registration screen.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:45 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

hatmaker510 wrote:
It goes to the thread for you because it automatically signs you in. But for people who are not members there, it will go to a sign in/registration screen.

i DIDNT KNOW,,I WILL DELETE IT FROM MY PROFILE.
TT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

And too, NAABT is NOT a forum. It's a regular website.

There's a big difference in me saying "go to google.com" and me saying "go to subsux.com".

One is a regular website, and one is a FORUM, just like Suboxforum.com, and it's a bit of a conundrum to tell people to go read stuff on another web FORUM. Of course it's fine to post links to sites that are OFFICIAL sites. Subsux and AS are NOT official sites...and there is a WEALTH of misinformation on those sites that we don't want to refer our good members to...

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey, you're right, the Addiction Survivors forum is not part of NAABT, my mistake. I thought they were one in the same.

As far as Subsux goes, I can certainly see your point. A lot of what I've read over there is hatred directed at Suboxone and I wouldn't direct any of our members to visit that site. But, the fact remains that there other forums out there that provide very good information for Suboxone patients, or soon to be Suboxone patients, and I don't understand why we would shy away from mentioning those forums here. If it's purely about misinformation, well, there's misinformation on this site that doesn't always get caught too, it's pretty much inevitable on any forum....especially a forum with a bunch of addicts. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Are you completely shittin' me?? People are freakin' nuts sometimes. I had no idea crap like that took place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo wrote:
Are you completely shittin' me?? People are freakin' nuts sometimes. I had no idea crap like that took place.

I learned a very long time ago that nothing on the internet surprises me...

But some people take the internet WAY serious, hence the reason that site wars happen...
I've only seen one or two get to the point where the owner of the site had to resort to hiring a lawyer to write a cease & desist to the owner of another site..but it does happen...

Some of you may have heard in the news over the past year about the group of people known as "Anonymous" ..and their little slogan "we are legion"...DDoS attacks carried out by those guys usually result in a site being down due to hardware failures..they burn up the servers when they start firing the LOIC cannon at a site..

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:41 am 

Hi Tommy! I want to say Welcome to the Forum! I can tell that you have a lot of wisdom to share and I want you here! I hope I keep seeing you around. If I were you I'd probably feel a little raw about site moderators from other places, and it might translate into feeling a little raw here too. Some mods have more diplomacy skills than others, but I'm sure that no one wants you to feel like you're not welcome here.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:02 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

i agree, i am starving for info.

Post subject: Re: HEY TOMMY!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:28 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

amber4.14.11 wrote:
I know YOUUUUUUUUU!!!

kinda...... :wink: :wink: :wink:

I like this forum much better than adiction surv. Its got alot more people on it, just alot more 'lively' all together. when I found this one, is when I kinda disapeared over at AS.
Anyways, I think you'll find it has a good mix of both sides of the fence here, and alot more 'regulars'

but like the last week or so , its been a lil slower around here than normal????

Maybe its just me.

ANYWAYS, some real cool peeps here brodda.
Hope you like it, hope ya stick around,
NICE TO 'see' YA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow,,my memory is so wierd!!,,I just seen your name and it all came back to me!!,,I remember you well,,i really liked you then someone ,,and i think we know who , went outside the forum and made trouble for you ,, I hope things worked out and your still doin what you were doin when i met you,,the thing that pops in my head when i think of you is ,,delicate,!,,lol,,gotta be extra careful around you cause you have a soft schell and can be hurt easily!,,am i right? I know you were hurt before and it really pissed me off ,,some people when they get their life together,,the sit on their high horse and judge people,,but they did more than that with you and that was really mean,,and freakin scary!,,Ive always just been me on every forum,,but after what happened to you it made me wish i had just been anonomous on these forums,,cause as you know if you give out too much info somebody might use it to hurt you.
Anyway,,i hope all is well with you now!,,
take care,
Tattoo Tommy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:26 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

i have been surfing some of the posts in personal approaches this morning. found alot of useful info there. my quest is for information on re learning to live sober or mayb i should say to learn to live cause i cannot remember the last time i was. mayb 15 lol that been decades ago. so no forums (lol) but any websites u might use that have been helpful in day to day battles. i am starting a list of triggers and the list is sooo long i honestly believe everything is a trigger at this point. i also liked the thread about 5 things to b grateful for daily. i will use that in my new journal for recovery. thanks for sharing. and thank God for this forum. i never in a million years would of seen myself (4 months ago) so eager to read other peoples posts let alone type one too. i like how tt says take the sub in morning with coffee like a vitamin. thats how i look at it.

Post subject: quick low down
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:53 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
Hi Tommy! I want to say Welcome to the Forum! I can tell that you have a lot of wisdom to share and I want you here! I hope I keep seeing you around. If I were you I'd probably feel a little raw about site moderators from other places, and it might translate into feeling a little raw here too. Some mods have more diplomacy skills than others, but I'm sure that no one wants you to feel like you're not welcome here.

Amy

I guess since my tryin to do "my story" the easy way didnt work out so well,,I'll just have to write it again,,but for now I'll just give ya quick version,,
Ok born and raised in Los Angeles Calif.,,started drinking with dad and bro at 11 yrs old,,then when i was about 12 i was taken from home and made a ward of the court,,they tried a few foster homes,,but eventually ended up in a juvie camp till i turned 18 and they had to open the gates!
I was arrested that evening and found out what L.A. county jail was like,,I mustve liked it cause i spent most of my time in there for 11550 of the health and penal code,,which means i had tracks,,needle holes which get you an automatic 90 days,,
I was a heroin addict and i went in and out many times from 18 yrs old till i was 23 then i was sentenced to 4 yrs in the calif. state prison,,and 10 yrs in federal prison for bank robbery,

,yea,,i really boo booed that time! :roll: but from the time i was in a boys home i knew where i was headed and i just wanted to go get buffed up and tattooed down like my friends!,,,

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-2T7w ... y12012.jpg

anyway,,i lost 10 yrs of my life to heroin,,It got about as bad as it could get,,I was a hope to die dope fiend who didnt care and the first the first thought of every waking morning was ,,ok,,WHERE AM I GONNA GET THE MONEY FOR MY FIX!,,Man,,that was awful,,sometimes we'd work the mall all day shopliftin and taking stuff back,,which was easier back in the 70's,,then,,i just got too impatient,,I drove for someone once when they hit a bank and we all got away,,and that just stuck in my head till i finally did it,,3 times,,thats all it took before they caught me,,and i was thinkin i was on a roll or something!!LOL,,I never used a gun or anything,,just a note sayin i had one and to give mer all your money, and i just hit one teller and left,,i was polite,,even stood in line once! :( ,,yea,,i was a failure ,,and went and paid my debt to society and even after living in all that hell,,seein people killed,,lit on fire and all that good stuff,,they let me out twice to a halfway house but even though i was scared to death about goin back,,cause i knew i was gonna die in there,,even with those thoughts in my head ,,it diodnt stop me from shootin heroin,,so i ended up havin to do it all,

Now fast forward,,i move back east and there is no heroin but i find everybody usin pills!,,and doctor shoppin and all that ,,and of course i got caught up in that,,and went to a prison down south,,and all i can say about those prisons are you dont wanna ever end up in one!,,but the last time i volunteered for an 18 month drug program inside,,even stayed clean for a year and a half!,,worked 50-60 hr weeks bought a caddilac,,and even rode a bull in a rodeo that came to town for the first time,,and i was sober!
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-RU6v ... 520445.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-tXAW ... 520446.jpg

then i fell and thats one thing ive never learned to do is get back up and not use again,,once i start ,,i keep goin till i end up in jail or in a coma,,
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-yxTx ... %20428.jpg

A cpouple months after 30 days in a coma i od'd and was put on sub in 04,,so,,thats that,,thats me,,not out goin crazy ,,then in 09 a tornado took our home,,but it pulledf me and my wife closer,,https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ooeg3uDbFXY/Ta0yHq6rwsE/AAAAAAAAAfE/NxgJTGEPNf8/s144-c/Apr192011.jpg,,,,,i even went in patient to get off xanax so we could start a new ,,but she died while i was in there and im doin ok now,,its been almost 3 yrs now,,and im finally gettin some strength to start part 2 of my life,,,I have replaced my wife with old chopper!,,LOLnot that i can ever replace her,,but it gives me something to care about and its cool,,

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-mCB_ ... 6487_n.jpg

my daughters love it too!,,anyway,,i have gone on much more than i planned so i guess i'll just put this in the personal story forum,,

oh yea,,besides having my daughters who i love so much and am tryin hard to keep us all together,,i even have a 1yr old grand daughter!,,
plus i like to tattoo,,draw,,and i did some soap carvings.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-t7i9 ... 1%255D.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-enft ... 9103_n.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Dg9W ... 520023.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-E3yM ... 520024.jpg

Tattoo Tommy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:37 pm 

I'm so glad you shared your story! And it's quite a story! It seems like you were set up to have to do everything the hard way since you were pretty young. You don't mention your mom, so I assume that she wasn't a big part of your life, and your dad was no prize. Do you still keep in touch with your brother? One of the biggest positives from your story, other than your shear survival, is that you are making sure that your daughters don't experience the same lack of family security that you experienced as a boy. Maybe you haven't done that perfectly (who has?) but your granddaughter has that much of a better chance for a good start in life from what you are trying to build with your daughters.

Your story is powerful. Since you've learned what you know the hard way, it's probably pretty cemented in your brain. Because of that, you can be a really good example for other addicts, and affect their lives in a positive way. That's why I hope you stick around. You've got a lot to give!

Amy

P.S. You're a good artist! I especially loved the last soap carving. Twisted!