It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Mycovery, I just read your intro. I really have not been in the best place as you know, but now that I am feeling so much better, I wanted to write on your thread and give you support like you have many times on mine. I have tapered off suboxone in the past, (before the relapse) In my experience taking .5 mg less is a lot. I tried to only do 10%-25% drops each time and usually 2-3 weeks between. Mind you I had only been on sub for 6-9 months at the point where you are. I think 2 mg right? I listened to my body which grumbled the entire time. I did NOT however listen to all my forum friends and put inplace a recovery plan. I just got off sub and craved the minute I was off, actually before I was off I had drug seeking behavior. When the opportunity finally presented itself, well, ha ha, I sought and sought and finally found what I was looking for. I actually changed my mind then let a sob story of a person just trying to get well make me give in and go get us some drugs... ANyway Believe me I NEVER thought I would be back on sub or back on this forum to be honest. But I am and everyone welcomed me right back. Nobody tried to make me feel guilty or even scolded me. Which I would have gladly accepted if they did. I am glad that you have come here for support. WHile I was tapering, I was here every day, many times a day. Thank GOODNESS for suboxforum. While tapering these are the things i did and it made a big difference. :
*Power walked daily, even just for 20 min. uphill
*Juiced fresh green veggies and fruits daily
*Took multivitamins daily
*I was easy on myself and when my body said rest, I allowed myself to rest. (Fortunately self employed, but, no work no money...So i dealt)
*When I got to low doses, I split my dose. I would take half in the AM and the other half in the PM. then when it was time to taper, I would split either dose in half or omit it altogether.. DO ya see what I am saying? At lower doses, I experienced that the half life was shorter so I needed to dose more freequently. I just simply split my dose in half.. AM & AM dose. SO if you are on 2 mg, try 1mg in the morning and 1 mg at night.. Just a suggestion. It worked for me.
I am thankful for you to be here. I know from your words that this place has helped you. Isnt it wonderful to be able to actually communicate with others that KNOW what you are up against, dealing with, feeling? It is hard on our spouses and family BC they cant relate. I was so happy for each victory, each drop in dose, but when I told my family, or BF, it was like yay good for you and thats it. I did not want to burden them with the details of my every ache and pain, every feeling or thought. I am sure they are grateful too. Lol SO rejoice in the forum, let us know what is on your mind and i will do the same. Blessings,. Love reading your story BTW.....K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:05 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sweet16....Egad I just found this!

So sorry I haven't responded! :oops: I have to be honest, kinda like I always did when I was breathing in all those oxys, it is soooo much easier to say how I can quit when I am feeling good. You know what I mean? It's crazy to me that I can honestly say that during my other many times of taper, I never felt uncomfortable. Now here I am with 2mg. and I'm freaking out! This month I only double dosed one day and that is a first for me. Since going on 2 mg. (which my dumb-butt told Doc) :roll: back in Oct. last year I have been a mess. I've spoke to my counselor and have even told Doc, who is wonderful and understanding. BUT (and that is a HUGE but) :lol: when I came on this forum, I felt that I truely have found people that understand and don't crack us upside the head in our failures but commend us in our wins!

Your advice on tapering is straight on, thank you so much! I guess I am a big ole baby and I prefer the small decrease in dose. I am just over a week away from my next visit and and I feel stable at 2mg for the first time, thanks to ya'll! :D So as of yesterday I am decreasing only down 1/4 mg....hahahaha didn't i say 'small'?!

You know what else is cRaZy? These past 6 months when I would run out before my appt. I would take vitamins, drink lots of water, eat fruits and veggies....then after I got my script....back to my old ways! Ugh! So, although I eat a healthy diet, I wasn't adding the extra fruits...and vitamins work great if you only take them 3 days a month right!lol!

Once again, thank you to every single one of ya'll! And Sweet, I don't need to tell you again what brought me here....thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey you can always hand your script over to someone you trust to dole out the sub every day so you won't run out early. Or giver them half your script. Or... only pick up you suboxone a week at a time so you space out the amount you have every month.
Just a few thoughts...

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Mycovery, Please do not worry about responding in any specific time... I'm not.. Lol. We get busy and when I have a few moments, I check out the forum. I can only assume that is what others do too.
I am pleased that you are comfortable at 2mg. Thats RIGHT! 1/4mg decreass IS FANTASTIC... slow does it, I am seroius. I did 1/4mg drops too. I mean, someone told me when I was tapering before, "This is not a race". It made sence to me. What IT IS however is a situation where you want to be done ASAP... I get that. You are on the down slide of this. 2mg, it took me, not long before I was done. Less than 6 months, maybe 2 months. I will have to go back and look at my taper thread. You are close. I am SO PROUD of you!
Curently, I am on 1mg - 1/2mg daily. I really wanted to NOT do suboxone, but I AM NOT willing to be ON MY ASS. I HAVE to support my household and I live in a very expensive location.. Luckily I make ends meet, but I HAVE to be able to work. I did today. My first FULL day back to work. I am a massage therapist/esthetician and own a concierge clinic. I have been on my ass in spite of using suboxone. I had a 1hr, a 1.5 hr and a 2hr treatments today. I do not know how I managed, but I did THANK GOD... Normally that would be piece of cake, but I am just 9 days off heroin and I was on it a year, it wasnt no cut ass shit neither (not braggin...just sayin) I am looking at some time I believe, so perhaps we will be on sub, trying to taper together.....I will be your taper buddy if you want one. I am experienced at least... So are you by now ha ha..
Be thankful and proud of each tiny improvement. FORCE yourself to bust a move too. I hated that part but I WANTED to get better so bad... and so do you.
I apologise for the typos in the previous post.. I am sure I was on a lot of sub.. I get all wacky on it. I drive a big truck, & yestreday, I backed into a closed garage door... I back out of the same spot 5 times a day for the past 3 years.. Never hit it before... Damn.....sub... :wink: :wink:
Anyway YEAH for dbl dosing only 1 time.. You will notice that you feel yucky when you do take more sub. I sure did and it is just not worth it... But if you must, it aint gonna kill ya. right?
Have a super evening. I am hitting a meeting. But I am fricken~~ TIRED long ass day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

MyCovery...love the new avatar!

A good friend of mine is big into self-protection, Karate black belt and all that good stuff. He likes to say "pain is weakness leaving your body." I sometimes use this when I am WD'ing. That is usually in those first moments of wd pain, then I'm like "screw it, I'm week, give me drugs." :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:18 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

My covers! ---that's what auto correct wants to make your name-- :shock:

How are you doing gal... I'm feeling for you today! How's the tapering going :/

IMO, try not to think about how you're tapering. You're really triggering your brain. I know it's near impossible. Sometimes I'd get so sick of it I'd purposely not take my dose. Then there was a short lived moment of "I feel better." I actually switched when I was tapering real low like yourself, from taking my a.m. Dose to a p.m. dose instead so I could get some sleep. I woke up feeling ok, only if I got going.

You're doing good. The numbers are getting low. That should help you in the long run! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey ya'll! :D

8) That makes 2 days today! hahaha....am I the only addict who thinks NOT taking an extra dose is as much of an accomplishment as climbing Mt. Everest!? My hardest times are at work, I work 12 hour shifts. (boohoo, that's always my excuse huh!) But that is the times that I get it in my head....oh poor pitiful me, I'm tired, my feet hurt...I've known this for some time but I have got to quit that crap! And I did resist on Thurs and Fri. Small steps, but hey, it's much better than big steps backward!

Hey Qhorsegal...thanks! I had tried to put my parrot's (Paco T. Bird) picture but I am clueless as to how to make it fit so this avatar is simply for pure fun. My son is in the North Pole right now and he'll have to teach me this pixel stuff when he gets home! lol! No, he is not one of Santa's elves! :lol: He's up there at a weather station working for 4 weeks. So what mg. are you at right now? It sounds like we are in the exact same predicament!

Raudy1975...thank you for the advice! :D I have not ruled out having the husband hold my sub. This is my first month in 6 months that I have worked hard to use self restraint...and this forum, with all of ya'lls support has made that difference!

Hey Jenni.....haha my covers! That's what I say every night when the husband is hogging the bedspread! :evil: You are so right, I get where I am obsessing with tapering! I try to keep some of ya'lls advice at those times...take a walk, do some stretching...put my mind on something else. I am currently at 1.75mg a day divided into 2 doses, been on that for 4 or 5 days now.

Romeo-- "I'm sorry you had such a rough day at work and that you used that as an excuse to use a little bit more Suboxone." I LOVED that you said it that way! It's a sympathy ploy, my little pity party that I like to host! So, when I went to reach for that dose yesterday evening....oh, I was soooo tired :P ....your words came to mind, and I didn't do it. Thank you! :wink:

One small step for me, one humongous step for recovery! :P