It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hi im new here but not at all new to SUBOXONE.

i hope all is well.

for me i have tried everything. even totally dry for over a year.

Suboxone i was first introduced to in a rehab in 2004. i was getting off crushing
and snorting about 4-5 80mg oxycontin a day{more if i could,less if i had to.}

many,many,many battles later i about 2 years ago now
decided SUBOXONE was for me.

i have been on it in one form or another since making my choice.

i have been through all the ins and outs. i will say i was lucky in the fact that it just so happen
my family medical doctor of 9 years, got his license to prescribe suboxone about 2 weeks before i asked him about it.{fate}
i did not have to do all those crazy visit i here about and all that money that docs are making
from being a "SUB" DOCTOR.{if you are doing this message me about what you are going through}

anyway see my signature for the best deal i know of on the web which im sure is on this page somehwere.

LOTS DONT KNOW AS WELL AND I FIGURE I TOSS IT HERE,TO EASE ANY BURDEN MINDS.
the new film is covered my medicare part d and medicaid and in new jersey it is covered by PAAD!

my goal is to help anyone who wants help with SUBOXONE. their are so many loop holes and tricks and all
kinds of ways the newbie to suboxone can get screwed over while trying to get help.{also lots of tricks to help!}
THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO HELP YOU AVOID! :D

thanx for having me-pete

ps-i collect pocket knives and pens! :lol:

i have had generic subutex.{Buprenorphine}
http://suboxone.com/patients/here_to_help/copay.aspx BEST DEAL ON WEB THAT I KNOW OF!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[b][i]

Hi Peter Force and welcome.

I saw that you posted about Medicare covering Suboxone.
Yes,they do but I had to literally fight the Ins. to cover mine. I was unable to get any help from my Dr. staff. I was denied and the info that was needed for the Ins. they was not interested in helping me. In fact,they told me to find another way to find to pay for it.
Originally,I was denied b/c they said i could not be on any narcotics or benzo's. I couldn't make them understand that i was aware of that and that was the reason for me being on the Suboxone. I had to pull up recordds proving that I had a history of seizures and if I went cold turkey I would have a seizure.
Long story short. After everyday dealing with the Ins. and SEVERE stress I finally got approved. I'm now fighting to get my money back.

So,someone with Medicare/Humana may have to fight for the coverage on there own. I suggest that you fight them b/c they want you to give up. For me,giving up was not a option,I could not continue to pay for the Suboxone and I knew I didn't want to go back to seeking pain meds.

This is a really good topic b/c many times we think if we denied then that's the end of the story.
I figured I fought to get pain meds so it was worth the fight to to get the Suboxone. It was time to fight for my recovery.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey first off hope your day has gone well.if not hope tomorrow is better! :D

all i can say is in the end,they did cover it.that's the result you want.{besides
honestly for years and years i have had all kinds of insurance from SO-So to SUPER DELUXE ULTRA PREMIUM!...lol
no matter what ,all insurance companies fight all kinds of things.they make money very simply.collect it and
try and think of every way to deny any care possible.{no one is immune from this}

with some it will be a fight.with others a huge fight and some will get the usual luck of just getting it filled.

@cajunmeme i like and agree with what you said.for years and years and years i fought for the right
to keep my life filled with scripts and pills and agony.now if i have to fight here and their again to protect
how great my life is now i WILL DO SO!! congrats on winning the battle!!!

another piece of advice for the newbie for the film....and sometimes still with the pill.....BE PREPARED!!!

luckily i already know to stock up on a few "extras" so i never find my self hitting the streets!
{many reasons you may find yourself needing this "extra" supply,trust me.}

OTHER ADVICE FOR NEWBIE..YOUR PHARMACY IF THEY HAVE NEVER HAD THE FILM
MAY NEED ANYWHERE FROM 1-4 days to get it. AND DO YOURSELF A FAVOR-stop in your pharmacy and
let them know when you will be getting either the pill or FILM.certain pharmacies.like my CVS,when FILM first hit the
pharmacies were only holding 1-2 boxes at any given time.i have had partilas of 3 strips filed.with rest so far always filled
by next day.one CVS i had spoken to didnt even know what the FILM was and i had to have them look it up
and order it. i have even had the PILL filled instead of FILM because the women at pharmacy heard PILL instead of FILM
when being called in!{it was corrected because i had received the film before.}

some pharmacies i have called wont order it without script.
once again,sadly i speak from experience.luckily i already had run into other problems in the past and
had my "extra/backup supply" of pills while waiting the one day for films.also i was lucky enough to only have
40$ copay with 75$ off OFFER so for 6 months i got 3 boxes of 90 8mg SUBOXONE for FREE! :D

HEY SORRY IF I RAMBLE ON.
JUST FOUND THIS SITE AND HAVE 2 YEARS WORTH OF EXPERIENCE TO SHARE!

ps-sponsors clicked! :lol:

i have had generic subutex.{Buprenorphine}
http://suboxone.com/patients/here_to_help/copay.aspx BEST DEAL ON WEB THAT I KNOW OF!