It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:17 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Just wanted to introduce myself, I've been reading Dr,Junig's STZ blog for a while now, and just recently discovered the forum. I should mention some things about myself, I have never been addicted to opiates, never have been on Suboxone, or really have struggled with any substance abuse problems. I have (and still do at times) struggle with depression and anxiety issues. The main reason I have joined this forum is that I am currently pursuing doctorate degree to become a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, and substance dependence is one of the areas that interests me the most. I have been working as a healthcare professional for a couple of years now and work with patient's who suffer from a variety of mental illnesses and addiction to several different substances. Unfortunately, I cannot give you guys any info from personal experience, but I will try to chime in once 'n a while with knowledge I learn through school and experiences I have with patient's on Sub. Looking forward to speaking with you all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello welcome to the site, my addiction was related to my depression and once I managed to control my depression or at least learn to live with it I am now clean. Hope u find what u r looking for here and manage to help some others out.
Strawberry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:16 am 

Welcome to the forum! You are welcome to chime in anytime. I hope we can be as informative to you as you are to us!

You may be surprised to discover that there are a few people here who take sub for depression. If you search under the heading "Suboxone and Mood" you could find some interesting anecdotes.

Amy

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome!

I am always impressed when I see medical professionals with no history of addiction taking the initiative to join our forum and learn how to better understand our issues. It shows a great compassion and desire to help on your part. A great big welcome from me!

Q