It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

ok so i just went to my doc, i get 60 8mg subutex and 60 2mg klonopins.. I'm scripted 16/mg a day but i don't even come close to that.. I'm at about 8-10 mg/day.. i need to start weening to due to financial reasons.. help would be appreciated on how much to decrease daily or weekly without felling to too uncomfortable.. thank you in advance. a lil background, i been on bupe for like 2 years.. i don't know why I'm so scared to do this, iv kicked 100mg of methadone in jail, and H more times than I can count.. been off all full-agonist opioids for almost 6 years. kinda not my choice my to come off the sub, but luckily i have someone helping me pay for my treatment, but they're getting tired of shelling out 300$ each month, which i understand. i just moved to florida from NJ, where a lot of my friends od'd n died on H, including my ex.. ughh, still haven't grieved fully.. but id say at most i take is 10mg a day... what should my schedule be for weening? p.s- i had something happen at the pharm just before that i never experienced, the only place that had subutex (walgreens) refused to fill my subutex cuz they said my pharmacy of choice is walmart or cvs, which i went to once cuz no one had the 'texes.. i was with my mom n n step dad at pharm and it really just seemed like she didn't wanna fill it, like wtf, only reason I'm at your pharmacy is cuz mine were out!! correct me if I'm wrong but isn't bupe a sched. 4 narc? its not like I'm trying to fill 180 oxys.. jesus. so now i gotta wait till tmrw n pay out the ass at walamart.. I'm in south florida where prescription abuse is an epidemic, but jesus, they make it easier to score smack on the street then fill a maintenance drug? first time ever hearing that.. peace out.. Jay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

anyone? need some help here

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello, the forum traffic can be slow at night sometimes, sorry you've not gotten an answer yet. I'm not in the process of tapering right now and never have been, but wanted to let you know that I'm certain someone with experience in this area will be along to answer your questions. I'd also like to welcome you to the forum. You'll find many caring and knowledgeable members here to help you through the process of tapering and eventually jumping. There are many threads here about that topic with many different methods that people have found helpful. I wish you all the best.
I do want to add that if you really feel this is something that you aren't ready to do, unless you have another plan for recovery in place, you may have difficulty remaining abstinent after your jump. Is there any other way you can think of ti remain in treatment until you're feeling more ready to stop? Perhaps your dr will allow fewer office visits, or reduce the amount of your prescription? Instead of 60/month, maybe 30. That'd save you half the price right there on meds, and you dint take the 60 per month anyway , right?? Idk. ....just some ideas I had.

Liz

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank u much liz :)) yes, i don't take all 60, but i sure do take all 60 klonos. lol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful bud. No worries, read some of the tapering threads for an idea of what may come, and believe me, someone will be along soon to advise:)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

just replying was helpful.. I'm not alone :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Benzos can be e real beast to taper from and not done properly and slowly over time, can cause life threatening seizures, so I'd highly recommend seeking the advice of your doctor on a proper taper off the klonopin. And no.... you're certainly not alone! :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:02 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

yes, thats funny, i was actually more worried bout the benzo w/d. but i might stay on that while I'm kicking the bupe..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:03 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

in fact I'm def doing one at a time.. lol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That seems like a wise idea. I think it would be extremely difficult to do both at once,although I have heard of it being done,it sounded pretty tough, and you'll want to be kind to yourself right now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Have you gone to Suboxone.com and printed the coupon? I use them all of the time, it's 50.00 a month for your script. I have gone through benzo withdrawal lots of times...cant seem to make them last. LOL. I have been off for a while but it wasn't *too* bad. ALOT of mental cravings, the WD mimmicks that of narcs and for me, it passed by the 4th day. I STILL crave them and think of them on a daily basis. I have to remind myself I am better off without them and make better decisions as well. For me they have more of a negative affect...in hindsight :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I was wrong...it can be free or up to 50.00 off a month. Any little bit helps!!