It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:19 pm 
Hi everyone just introducing myself, Ive been lurking on this site for awhile and just decided to register today. Ive been on suboxone for around 3 months and everything is going good so far. I love this website so much good information, its nice to find a website that isnt full of suboxone haters 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

While I really am glad that you decided to introduce yourself, I even more just wanted to beat HatMaker to being the first person to welcome you. LOL I'm just kidding. Seriously, welcome to the boards. Perhaps you can tell us a little bit more about yourself? As much or as little as you would like but it's always nice to know a bit more about who is all out there. Male? Female? Married? Addiction history? Career? Shoe size? Favorite color? Again, whatever you feel like providing. And, by the way, congrats on three months!

By the way, pretty clever name. You get extra points for that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:32 pm 
Sure, I am a single 25 year old male and have been addicted to high doses of poppy pod tea for a little more than 2 years. Tried several times to cutback/quit but the withdrawal was just too much. I researched suboxone for hours on end on those frantic nights of being in active addiction and wondering how in the world I would ever get clean. I havent relapsed on opiates once since i started on suboxone which attests to its effectiveness. Im realy not sure what else to say about myself haha

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome your gonna love this site.

Ive been around for a lil bit an as long as your upfront and honest, everyone is so nice and helpfull. its so awesome to be around people who support your recovery unlike you said on other sites that people hate on sub. Hear you will not see any of that the complete opposite. everyone loves suboxone an in one way or another it has saved our lifes as well which gives us all at least one thing in common.

But the reason i like this site the most is the support you get from everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:23 pm 
Yea thats exactly why I finaly registered because of all the supportive people. Its like a shock to the system to actualy find a place where you dont get badgered for taking subs. Im in intensive outpatient treatment (court ordered) but I had been clean one month before any of that with the help of suboxone and in my assessment my first question was "will I be badgered or try to be forced off my suboxone" and the answer was no we will never ask you to do that. Well by the second week of treatment I've been getting nit picked about "so maybe in the next few weeks or month you will think about getting off your suboxone?". I politely say no I will not be and I'm not ready and I just get a sneered at by the counselor. Its like sorry lady I'm glad following the 12 steps works for you but my life is going great on subs and dont try and shove the AA/NA down my throat and tell me to quit my medication. I go to AA on occasion but they always harass me when I mention suboxone so it kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth as far as the 12 step program goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome to the forum suboxOWNED! I like your screen name. Super cool. Glad you found us. I've been around for a while. Think it might be almost a year here pretty soon. Have been on subs for 3 years. I'm happy. Went off once for 3 months. Happier on them. No complaints. I agree on the harrassment thing. Luckily I am finally at a point where everyone who matters knows I am on it and everyone knows I am not going off of it. I do recall early on the stress of being pressured to get off of it. For me, I just thought "I just got my life back and things just got stable and I feel physically well for once...why the hell would I want to start struggling and stressing already". Congrats on your addiction remission!

Cherie

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:42 pm 
Thank you I appreciate it, Ive read plenty or your posts when I was just a lurker on this site so I feel like I already know you :) . I know what you mean about how you were finaly doing good and then people are telling you to stop taking it. Its like they think we are automaticaly fixed and should stop the drug when they realize we are getting better because of this wonderful medication. My family is slowly starting to accept that I will be on subs for as long as I need to and not any set time frame. I just wish my treatment center knew more or anything about suboxone because it realy kind of makes me resentful even going when they act as if Im doing something wrong by taking it. I just brush it off tho and try not to think much about it because its my choice and I'm sticking to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi and welcome to the forum. (See don, you (and others) had no problem beating me to the "welcome! :lol:). I'm glad you're here and even more glad that you are doing well. Always good to hear a success story. I have been around this forum for over a year and half (I think) and I'm coming up on my two year suboxone anniversary. I can easily say it changed my life, if not saved it, as well. I hope you stick around and post often. Again, welcome!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:57 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome aboard, suboxOWNED :D

Post subject: Poppy pod tea ????
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:03 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Now I've got to google " poppy pod tea "