It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wanted to say Hi. I've posted after I figured out how to. Took me a while since I've never been in a forum. At the end of my tapering and have no doc that has a clue. I'm kinda looking for support and knowledge here. Been taking Suboxone for 5+ years for pain control. Odd, I know, but true. Scared and frustrated. So many sites with so little information until I found this one. I hope I get some replies. I'll be checking in. I don't want to be alone in this. Nice to "meet" everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:04 am 

Hey Obsidian! Welcome to the forum!

So, if you're at the end of your tapering, what dose are you taking? We have had people get down to 0.00625 mg before stepping off. Not many though. Most people step off from a higher dose, but the longer and slower you are, the better in terms of feeling withdrawal symptoms.

I'm sorry that you don't have any doctor to help you. There are meds that can be helpful, like clonidine, which is usually a blood pressure lowering medication, but is often prescribed off label for withdrawal symptoms.

I'm sorry that you're feeling frustrated, but you don't have to be scared. There are plenty of people who have been through the same thing and I think you will do fine.

Buprenorphine can be extremely helpful for chronic pain problems and it's likely that you will start feeling the pain after you taper off. Some folks find that gabapentin helps them with pain during this time.

Good luck and let us know if you have questions!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:42 pm 

Hey obsedian (probably spelled that wrong I know lol) welcome!

So ur doctor put u on buprenorphine for pain control, are u an addict too or no? What kind of pain issues did u have or still have now? Just wondering if ur pain issues have gotten better since ur ready to stop taking it now.

I'd never really been on a forum either til this one, took me a little bit to not stress out I was doing things wrong when I first got here. I've learned a whole lot of great information from this forum :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you Amy and JennJenn for the replies. I'm down to 2 48ths of an 8.2 film, which I seal with medical tape. They expired in September. My prescribing doc stopped his practice November 2014, so I've had to do this on my own. Been on them over 5 years for pain issues and had switched from Norco. Been on opiates for 20 years. I didn't want to look for or spend any more money on a new doctor and here they are hard to find, esp for pain control. I have gastritis and IBS which makes it hard to take NSAIDS so those are out. I do have tramadol b/c I tore my tendon in my shoulder and have bursitis in my arms and legs and tendonitis. Fibromyalgia, depression, disk bulges and an old shoulder injury. My pain doc is giving me all the injections he can. Bless the man. I'm having tachycardia, but my heart is fine. There's a few more, but you get the jist. It's wonderful to know there are gentle people who understand out here. Thank you with all my heart. <3