It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Suboxone is a medication that directly deals with heroin addiction, so I was kind of surprised that my thread regarding Suboxone and heroin was deleted, with no explanation. I incorrectly assumed that this forum would be the last place where that topic would be taboo and unacceptable.

At the very least, it would have been nice if the mod that deleted the thread sent me a PM, and let me know what rule was broken, or why the thread had to be deleted. I think it's only fair to your community to encourage a mutual understanding and explain when you choose you must silence a person.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:08 pm 

I'm sorry Keith, I think I may have been the mod who deleted your post. Why don't we try again. What I don't want to do is trigger people who might be addicted to heroin. We just had one of our members who tapered off sub come back to say he had relapsed on heroin. I don't know what you want to discuss. If it's about using you can post it in "Still Messing Around". If it's controversial subject you can post in "Freestyle". I can't remember what your original post was about, but you're right. I should have sent you a PM if I had a problem with your thread and deleted it. Feel free to try again. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:09 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for the reply. Amy. I appreciate it.

The thread was my comparison between heroin and Suboxone. I think you may have objected to it, because I likened Suboxone to an illicit substance thats mostly recreational. I didn't talk about Suboxone in a recovery context like most, and like the drug is designed for. I talked about why I liked it. Because it was cheaper than heroin. Because it lasts longer. Because I never wake up dopesick. Because it's discreet. Because it's very easy to take. Because I can avoid junky people and junky neighborhoods. Because I can stay out of trouble with the law.

Instead of talking about my tapering schedule, and how my life is getting back on track.

The reason why I decided to share my perspective, is because I think it's that's how Suboxone can have a complete and accurate representation. Positive, negative, and everything in between. Just like you read a yelp review for a restaurant, and you hear the good and the bad. There should be no sugar coating, or demonization. There are already enough myths and urban legends surrounding drugs.

Thank you for understanding.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:17 pm 

I understand now. :)

Since we are a recovery forum first, I would just have to ask that you put that information in "Still Messing Around". The reason we have that section is for people who need to talk about drug abuse/misuse that is ongoing. It's particularly important that we keep that type of information in a place that people know to stay away from if they might be triggered by the post. We have people here for whom buprenorphine is their drug of choice and they're trying to get off of it. So reading about one person's "love affair" with the drug could lead to relapse, etc.

Does that make sense, Keith?

Amy

P.S. I've always loved the name Keith because of a couple of school girl crushes. :)