It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was coming off 3-6 10/325 vikes a day.

Havent had a vike in 15 days or a sub in 8 days.

WHY DO I FEEL SO SHITTY?

How long does this shit stay in my system? I didnt stay on it long enough to get addicted to it, which was the plan.

I started with a higher does of subs, 12-16mg and cut down to 4mg last day.

What Did I do wrong.

I have evrything to help me. Clonindine, benzo, vikes, klonipin etc... in preparation for this.

PLEASE HELP ME. What do I do?

Havin hot flashes, cold tremors, lethargia, and the shits went away just today.

HELP!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Have you been through opiate withdrawal before? That all sounds pretty normal to me. Just keep on keepin on and you will feel better eventually. Take hot baths, take a walk, try to eat healthy. It takes a while for your brain to return to normal after you've been on opiates. Your habit wasn't super-excessive so you'll probably recover pretty soon. Just get a plan for staying clean.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:07 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Only 3-6 Vicodins/day is not a huge habit at all, how long were you taking the Vicodin? You should not even have gotten on the Suboxone for this low a habit in the first place. You could have just ridden the withdrawals from the Vicodions out. I suggest that you just take care of yourself and stay off of Opiates until you get everything out of your system. The worst for you should be over with since you were not taking that many Vicodins. And don't take anymore Suboxone, they are not going to do much for you for such a low habit as the Vicodins you were taking. Just ride out what is left of the withdrawals and you should be fine, take hot baths, keep your mind occupied, as it will get better and better for you each day now that is has already been a week or so the worst should be over with.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You are really still withdrawing off the vicodins. The suboxone just put that off for 10 days. (You are not "addicted" to suboxone.) It's hard to use suboxone as a short term detox correctly to wean yourself off another opiate. You'd have to taper down slower and slower over time just right. It's a fine line to walk, so to speak. And what you happen to be left with now are some remaining vicodin withdrawals.

Like the others said, just wait it out and it will pass soon. Stay active and exercise and take hot baths. Those things should help. But don't sit around perseverating on your w/d symptoms. That's the worst thing you can do.

I hope this helps. Hang in there...you're almost done.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I hear what youre saying and thank you. Do you really think its still vikes after 16 (today) days? 8 off sub.

I thought sub got you through vike WD's, not masked the WD symptoms.

At my level, how long should WD last w/o suboxone? It had been 3-5 or 6 vikes (not that much everyday) for a year. Some times down to two or 1 daily, then I would get flair up of pain and go back up as needed.

No, I have never WD before. I'm 45 and this is my first experience with long term opiate use.

Thanks for any more guidance.

hatmaker510 wrote:
You are really still withdrawing off the vicodins. The suboxone just put that off for 10 days. (You are not "addicted" to suboxone.) It's hard to use suboxone as a short term detox correctly to wean yourself off another opiate. You'd have to taper down slower and slower over time just right. It's a fine line to walk, so to speak. And what you happen to be left with now are some remaining vicodin withdrawals.

Like the others said, just wait it out and it will pass soon. Stay active and exercise and take hot baths. Those things should help. But don't sit around perseverating on your w/d symptoms. That's the worst thing you can do.

I hope this helps. Hang in there...you're almost done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

A Total Opiate Withdrawal cleansing of your system does not happen over night. It is a very Long Process, it just takes time. If you have not ever gone thru withdrawals I can assure you that it will get better, but not 100% better by next week or the week after that. It is a slow process.If you have access to a prescription for Vicodin then why don't you Taper yourself off of them instead. That will be much much easier on you and your body. Find the very minimum dose of Vicodin that it takes to get thru the day, to be able to work, but to not take away all the withdrawal symptoms. if it is 2x10mg Vicodins that will be the best option, or whatever dose it takes as I said get thru the day of work, and of life. But you have to undergo some hardship. You can not expect to feel no pain or discomfort. Stick to that smallest dose of Vicodin for 1 week, after a week lower the dose by 25%....such as start at 20mg daily, then go to 15mg daily, try that for 2 weeks, after another 2 weeks lower the dose by another 25%, and so on and so on. You can get thru this. yes you will have discomfort. But you do not need to go on Suboxone for your Vicodin habit.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I appreciate the advice, but what is done is done. the last thing I wanna do is put more of that shit into my system.

The WD is much better today. I actually slept last night w/o sweats. I'm taking all the vitams, potassium, water, power bars, and good food. No alcohol.

I'm up and around much more today so maybe I've reached a decent point. Clean and enjoying it for now.

One day ata Time wrote:
A Total Opiate Withdrawal cleansing of your system does not happen over night. It is a very Long Process, it just takes time. If you have not ever gone thru withdrawals I can assure you that it will get better, but not 100% better by next week or the week after that. It is a slow process.If you have access to a prescription for Vicodin then why don't you Taper yourself off of them instead. That will be much much easier on you and your body. Find the very minimum dose of Vicodin that it takes to get thru the day, to be able to work, but to not take away all the withdrawal symptoms. if it is 2x10mg Vicodins that will be the best option, or whatever dose it takes as I said get thru the day of work, and of life. But you have to undergo some hardship. You can not expect to feel no pain or discomfort. Stick to that smallest dose of Vicodin for 1 week, after a week lower the dose by 25%....such as start at 20mg daily, then go to 15mg daily, try that for 2 weeks, after another 2 weeks lower the dose by another 25%, and so on and so on. You can get thru this. yes you will have discomfort. But you do not need to go on Suboxone for your Vicodin habit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

AWESOME news...You can get thru this...the worst is behind you. I can give you some info on what I have done to get thru my darkest hours of Withdrawals and they helped allot. Take very hot and Very Long baths, if you can find a hot tub I would lay in that thing all day long, saunas too would be almost as good. Not only does the Hot Tub help to add water into your system thru absorption but that ahh so Hot Water helps aching muscles, and the sweat helps those bad toxins get out of your system. Look into taking some Burdock tea, OMG the taste is just awful but it is the best Blood cleanser around. But the best advice around is to OCCUPY your mind, do not allow yourself to sit and obsess about how bad you feel, get out and do something, walk the Mall's complete length, go over to a friends house and chat. Anything to take your mind off of the bad feeling. Build Yourself UP, be PROUD of what you have just done, and know that all those hypocritical jerks and morons out there prob couldn't have gone thru withdrawals. But generally believe in yourself...always...great Going !!!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

No vikes for 21 days and no subox for 13 days. Why the hell do I still have the shivers/chills.

I'm doing everything right. Excersize, vitamins, Gatorade, protein bars, tons of water, and real good amount of activity.

I dont get it. My script was only 3-5 10mg per day, and some days I only took 1-2. I think thats a relatively small dosage comparatively , although it was pretty constant for a year or more.

Anyone?

How much longer should I expect chills etc......

ARGHHH

One day ata Time wrote:
AWESOME news...You can get thru this...the worst is behind you. I can give you some info on what I have done to get thru my darkest hours of Withdrawals and they helped allot. Take very hot and Very Long baths, if you can find a hot tub I would lay in that thing all day long, saunas too would be almost as good. Not only does the Hot Tub help to add water into your system thru absorption but that ahh so Hot Water helps aching muscles, and the sweat helps those bad toxins get out of your system. Look into taking some Burdock tea, OMG the taste is just awful but it is the best Blood cleanser around. But the best advice around is to OCCUPY your mind, do not allow yourself to sit and obsess about how bad you feel, get out and do something, walk the Mall's complete length, go over to a friends house and chat. Anything to take your mind off of the bad feeling. Build Yourself UP, be PROUD of what you have just done, and know that all those hypocritical jerks and morons out there prob couldn't have gone thru withdrawals. But generally believe in yourself...always...great Going !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

You are right there at the Turning point for when it starts to get better. ny day now, maybe tonight , tomorrow or very very soon you will Turn that corner and start to feel better and better each day. And what you need to key on is when your body starts to heal and feel better than almost remarkably each day will see much much improvement. But the key is to get that crap/toxins out of your system, hence why your body is sweating. The Chills are an ordinary thing with any withdrawal symptom. I am Not minimizing it at all, but hang in there. If you can Hot tub it or sauna it, whatever you can do to sweat more, and or drink some of that Burdock tea to help release those toxins. A years worth of habit is nothing to laugh at, your body doesn't like you right ow and it is objecting big time to you NOT putting that crap back into that body of yours. But your Body is Not in Control Your MIND is !
Hang in there it will only be a couple day(s) or 2 longer......we have all been right where you are so you are at the right place. tell us how it is going, that's what we are here for. Sweat it out, Yucky Herbal(Burdock) Tea it out !

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Not the easiest to find. 3 vitamin stores and a GNC didnt have it. A vitamin shoppe had it though. I box. I'm trying it now.

One day ata Time wrote:
You are right there at the Turning point for when it starts to get better. ny day now, maybe tonight , tomorrow or very very soon you will Turn that corner and start to feel better and better each day. And what you need to key on is when your body starts to heal and feel better than almost remarkably each day will see much much improvement. But the key is to get that crap/toxins out of your system, hence why your body is sweating. The Chills are an ordinary thing with any withdrawal symptom. I am Not minimizing it at all, but hang in there. If you can Hot tub it or sauna it, whatever you can do to sweat more, and or drink some of that Burdock tea to help release those toxins. A years worth of habit is nothing to laugh at, your body doesn't like you right ow and it is objecting big time to you NOT putting that crap back into that body of yours. But your Body is Not in Control Your MIND is !
Hang in there it will only be a couple day(s) or 2 longer......we have all been right where you are so you are at the right place. tell us how it is going, that's what we are here for. Sweat it out, Yucky Herbal(Burdock) Tea it out !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You really should be through the worst of it but i just wanted to point out that going on subs has nothing to do with how big of a habit you had.. the only thing you need to get on subs is either not being able to taper yourself off the opiates or trouble staying off the opiates.. it doesnt matter what your habit is as long as you have one. Good luck though and keep your head up, its almost over.. Keep us posted.

*Battles are fought everyday, some you win & some you lose..Addiction is a war & every second you're still alive you're winning that war..*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

How long were you takin the lortab/vicodin? That plays a major role in opoid withdrawal and recovery. If your body starts to recieve exogenous opoid pain relievers the body stops making it endogenous form of endorphins. If you have cut that off over a long period it is going take your body time to recovery. However, there are ways to boost your bodies endogenous endorphins. Examples include exercise and wieght lifting. I do know that seems like a major task for those of who have been through opiod withdrawal, but it will make you feel soo much better good luck bud!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:36 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I noticed in your first post you mentioned you had the things to help including "benzo"-- not exactly an
otc drug - depending on what it is and the amount and time.

Apart from that while it is impossible to say just how long 'shitty' lasts, the great news at the levels you
reported is that it is 'weeks' and it in all probability means full recovery to how you were before any
vics. Even if it seems long never think it requires taking more of anything bad. That would be such a mistake
when you are so close to home.

S

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So I'm still getting random chills and back sweats. They come for no reason and at odd times.

I've been active, found some burdock tea, and have been loading up on gatorade, water, vitamins, potassium, and power bars. Not that I ever was really a drinker, but havent had a drink in a month either.

So, where am I? Sleep sucks. Still getting bad back sweats. Mood swings have pretty much subsided though.

In preparing for this I got some clonidine, klonopin, valium, and xanax. So far I have used some clonidine a lil bit for the sweats and chills, but that really all.
Should I be using something for sleep?
I also have ambien that I've had a script for for over 10 years. Thats not working either.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:41 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Get you some Melatonin, it's natural so your body will just use it. Most people use it for Sleeping problems and it works, you might have to experiment with the dose, as it usually comes in1mg pills. I would start out at 3mg, but no more than 6mg. It really has helped me sleep without a doubt it does the rick. But give yourself around 8 hours after you take it for sleep cycle, if you wake up too early you will be groggy. Just Hang in ther worst is over with, I know it is hard to think in those terms because you just want to be 100% but that is not going to happen overnight. Think back aren't you way better than you were at day5 or Day10 ? Just try and focus on 1 day ata time, not overlook how far you have come. You have made it this far and you are right there at the point where you are turning the corner to feeling better. Remember you really screwed your body up with all those cheimcals, so you body has to have the time to recover and heal it's self. Even with Pharma drugs the body is not designed for prolonged use of these. When you quit then your body wants more, that is a Chemical dependency that your body has morphed into. When you stopped the Chemicals then your body is like WTF ? You are doing everything that you can do. I saw you got the Burdock tea....awesome, that will really help get the toxins out of your body. I would be willing to bet in a weeks time you will feel 100% better, but everyday now you will see changes and a better feeling overall. The Melatonin might also help you with your mood issues, do a google search on it, the rest of the world uses it for any number of medical problems. In some parts of the world it takes a prescription to even get it. Keep [posting and letting us know how things are going for you. You might not know it but you are an inspiration to allot of people that swing by the forum here and just read the posts so Hang in there for them too !

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sorry, I take 6mg melatonin at night. Have been for 6 months. Have taken a higher dose too, but doesnt work well for me.

Re: day 5-10.....I was golden cause I was taking subox for 8 days. Absolutely no WD symptoms at all. All this shit started around day 10 and has been going on for 2 weeks.

I am better though now than say day 15. It just freaks me out I still get the random chills and sweats and sleep is still an issue.

The thing is I'm not mentally addicted. I have a full script sitting right here in my cabinet. Havent even been tempted. I'm physically addicted, which really pisses me off, since I did what my Dr told me to do.

One day ata Time wrote:
Get you some Melatonin, it's natural so your body will just use it. Most people use it for Sleeping problems and it works, you might have to experiment with the dose, as it usually comes in1mg pills. I would start out at 3mg, but no more than 6mg. It really has helped me sleep without a doubt it does the rick. But give yourself around 8 hours after you take it for sleep cycle, if you wake up too early you will be groggy. Just Hang in ther worst is over with, I know it is hard to think in those terms because you just want to be 100% but that is not going to happen overnight. Think back aren't you way better than you were at day5 or Day10 ? Just try and focus on 1 day ata time, not overlook how far you have come. You have made it this far and you are right there at the point where you are turning the corner to feeling better. Remember you really screwed your body up with all those cheimcals, so you body has to have the time to recover and heal it's self. Even with Pharma drugs the body is not designed for prolonged use of these. When you quit then your body wants more, that is a Chemical dependency that your body has morphed into. When you stopped the Chemicals then your body is like WTF ? You are doing everything that you can do. I saw you got the Burdock tea....awesome, that will really help get the toxins out of your body. I would be willing to bet in a weeks time you will feel 100% better, but everyday now you will see changes and a better feeling overall. The Melatonin might also help you with your mood issues, do a google search on it, the rest of the world uses it for any number of medical problems. In some parts of the world it takes a prescription to even get it. Keep [posting and letting us know how things are going for you. You might not know it but you are an inspiration to allot of people that swing by the forum here and just read the posts so Hang in there for them too !

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Smell. WTF is up with smells. I smell foul odor or sharp odor almost all the time. Like cleaning fluid to dog poop. (I assure you, neither are present). My wife cant smell it so I know its me.

WTF is that about?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Finally, after feeling not terrible, but just generally shitty, the chills stopped on day 25. I still get a few minor sweats and my sleeping hasnt returned yet, but I've never been a good sleeper, so its kinda a toss up.

Thank you for all the advice here.

I did it with the following:
some clonidine as needed for bad sweats or chills
WATER
VITAMINS/MINERALs
Potassium
Burdock tea
Gatorade
MetRx Powerbars for lunch everyday
Very little caffeine or alcohol.
Keep some benadryl on hand for RLS.
Having a benzo, like Klonopin or even a a non benzo like xanax can't hurt if taken moderately.

MOST IMPORTANT.
I FORCED MYSELF TO GET MY ASS UP AND DO SOMETHING MEANINGFUL EVERYDAY. YARD WORK, BIKE RIDE, GOLF ETC...... That's is a MUST!!!!

You should know I am a software engineer who contracts my services out. I timed this whole period to take place during a 3 week hiatus from work. If you can do it, I recommend it. Dont quit a job, but start on Wed or Thursday and depending on how youre feeling you may take Mon-Wed off too if you have sick leave or vacation.

I wasnt mentally addicted, but my body was, so it was easier for me. I have no cravings or desire to take anymore right now. My body probably wouldnt mind it, but I'm in control and I want no part of it.

Any questions on how I've done it? Reply here.

Take care

Schrady

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Glad youre doing good, I was always curious about a quick taper from subs. Why do you stillhave a script in your cabinet?