It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Ok here is my story
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Last year I was tapered down to 1mg of sub and 11 weeks pregnant I lost my baby .
I was skipping days , following directions and miscarried.
Needless to say I went up on my dose to avoid relapse as I was devastated .
Anyway I'm currently pregnant again and on 4 mg a day.
I believe in 2 months along- ultrasound Friday.
I'm nervous about it and am talking to my doc about a sloooowww taper till the end of my pregnancy where I can come off safely like 2-3 weeks before due date.

What has been everyone's experience in NAS? I am nervous. I will be bf like I did with my first child .

I hope this will help anyone trying to taper to fast while pregnant. It's not a good idea .

Post subject: Re: Ok here is my story
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:00 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi there,

I know how your feeling all too well. I got pregnant with my first child on suboxone (by mistake). My boyfriend and I were extremely happy about the pregnancy except I knew in the back of my mind I had a lot of research to do because I knew I was on suboxone. No one else knew (NO one). After doing plenty of research and talking to my sub doc, the recommended option for me was to contact a high risk pregnancy OB and remain on the suboxone until I spoke with the high risk ob. No one really had experience and information about what I was going through. My main concern was no longer for myself but for my baby and I didn't want my baby to experience withdrawal as soon as he/she was born, I was terrified. I ended up staying on suboxone throughout my pregnancy. When I found out I was pregnant I was taking around 12 mg a day. It was easy for me to wien down to 8 mg a day and from there 4 mg. I was at 4-8mg most the pregnancy, then about a month prior to my delivery I went down to 2mg and remained on 2mg. I had amazing hospital staff who kept my information to them and no one else. I had a healthy baby, no WD symptoms. I know I was lucky and I wouldn't wish anyone to go through the hell I did just thinking about everything constantly, trying to do what was best for me and my baby. We stayed in the hospital for 48 hours just to make sure baby was fine and we were released. One thing both doctors agreed on was it was not a good idea for me to go off and have withdrawal while pregnant, it was not good for baby and I could lose baby by going completely off and experiencing withdrawal pregnant was way too much stress for the baby. They both agreed to lower dose gradually and if I did want to get off completely to do it as you suggested, 2-3 weeks before delivery. That way baby was mostly already developed. One thing you do need to discuss everything with the anesthesiologist who will administer the epidural if you plan on having one. During labor they just had me take suboxone, and once I was dilated enough they gave me an epidural that worked with suboxone, but I know its not the same thing they give you in a normal epidural, so just food for thought. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you might have, I know it is scary, and I wish I had someone to talk to who experienced it before me.

Oopss.. didn't realize this post was a year old lol... im new to this site.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:08 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey this isn't but a couple days old!!
I appreciate your response.
I am gonna see how it all goes. I had epidural with first but wasn't on a damn thing for years.
I will def talk to my OB bout this.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:26 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm so sorry to hear about ur loss. I have tapered off of 8mg of suboxone after taking it for 4+ years. I am currently 16wks 4days pregnant and 12 days off of sub. I tapered 1 every 7 days until I got down to .25 and made the jump. I had minimal discomfort and thankfully my little 1 is ok. I wish u the best of luck.:-).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:28 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

That is great! I am not tapering until my second trimester. I feel terrible as it is.
I don't remember feeling so bad the last time...
How are you sleeping?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:03 pm 

I just wanted to chime in and say that I'm so sorry for your loss, and I wish you all good things for this pregnancy!

Amy