It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:03 pm



All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Our Sponsors





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:20 pm 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Posts: 12
O.K. , first of all I would like to share a unique story. It's long but it just might help someone out.!

Please excuse my run-on sentences and my bad habit of not using paragraphs correctly.

First of all, I don't even know if i was a good candidate for Suboxone . Evevthough iwas on it for 6 yrs.

This is how the story goes, i had been battling back pain of and on for years. I would take my pain meds for a couple of days and the rest would go to waste! Before Suboxone my back pain got so bad i couldn't take it anymore. Oover the course of six months i was taking Vicodin for a few weeks then when that didn't work my doctor prescribed me Oxycodone.

At this time i had a family member battling opiate addiction. I thought i didn't want to get myself in that position! But because i have anxiety i was afraid to stop!

Anyway, took it on myself to call Kaiser's advice nurse to tell them my situation and they connected me with addiction medicine. Without asking me anything about my history i could come in to detox and they could give me something for my withdrawals if i couldn't stop!

Suboxone of course, they didn't tell me anything about the medicine , so i took my first 16mg and felt fine but also felt higher than a kite! After going home, they just kept refilling my prescription with maybe two follow ups where i was down to 4mg but asked nothing about my history

Now after hearing all the horror stories on line i was afraid to stop!
now this is where it gets good.
while i was on Suboxone i was in a lot of pain due to a herniated disc. I then had to surgery.
So two weeks before surgery i was put on Oxycodon for two weeks, then after surgery i took oxycodone every four hours for pain, for about 3 and a half weeks. so oxycodone for 5 and a half weeks. This was after stopping suboxone of course.

I was then out of psi and ready to re- start my suboxone. I actually waited two days to avoid PW! Then a couple of hours later i got deathly sick first a terrible headache then vomiting. I then called the addiction doctor and he told me to take a smaller amount. So, i waited another two days and took a smaller amount AND SAME THING , SICK AS A DOG! So i called doc back and he said it sounds like you're having a reaction and you can't take Suboxone anymore! WTF! So now i'm left with all the horror stories right??
So i was waiting to be hanging over the toilet for 3 weeks!

But m this is what happened, i didn't get off completely easy but it wasn't what i expected. I did have some depression, lack of motivation, insomnia, loose bowels but not really diarrhea and anxiety and still have a couple of those, but still wasn't what i expected.

Anyway it's been almost one and a half months since i stopped suboxone (but switched to oxoycodone). But five weeks off everything! Maybe i'm lucky.
I read somewhere that it could take up to eight weeks before the real withdrawals kick in.
Please, someone , tell me this isn't true. and cane anyone tell me i got off easy because of the oxycodone.

I'am still having a little insomnia and lake of motivation and anxiety and depression, but i think it's getting better! thanks for reading. i hope it helps! I 'm not saying i got off completely easy. As i still i'am having lack of motivation, depression not wanting to get off the couch, insomnia, and little gargling in my stomach! ……..but my doctor gave me clonodine and antidepressants!


Last edited by HELPZONE64 on Thu May 22, 2014 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:19 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 4:42 pm
Posts: 534
Location: currently residing in cyberspace
Dude, where have you been? Oxycodone has been known for years to work miracles for suboxone and many other opiod addictions!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zEfp_ZeiT0


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:45 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 4:42 pm
Posts: 534
Location: currently residing in cyberspace
HELPZONE64 wrote:
Anyway it's been almost one and a half months since i stopped suboxone (but switched to oxoycodone). But five weeks off everything! Maybe i'm lucky.
I read somewhere that it could take up to eight weeks before the real withdrawals kick in.
Please, someone , tell me this isn't true. and cane anyone tell me i got off easy because of the oxycodone.


A) The 8 weeks thing for "real withdrawals" is not true. Although there is a syndrome called PAWS, which is an acronym for Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome ( "post" meaning after the acute/serious misery). Its mild compared to acute, but can last awhile. It doesn't happen to everybody, but seems more likely to happen in long term users (as in years). Main symptom seems to be depression. Its treatable with exercise, good diet, and so forth. Maybe an anti-depressant med, in some cases.

B) re, "cane [sic] anyone tell me i got off easy because of the oxycodone"

Sure, I can tell you whatever you want to hear. Maybe it was a fluke. But let's here some details. Like, were you weaned at all off the oxycodone? Dose, etc. Cuz if you were popping, say, 30 mg instant release pills all day like M&Ms and stopped cold turkey, something doesn't sound right.


Top
 Profile  
 
Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:48 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 4:42 pm
Posts: 534
Location: currently residing in cyberspace
Note to mods. I couldn't help sarcasm in first reply. My alarm bells start going off when I first see an all caps
subject line, followed by claim of oxycodone being a cure for suboxone, by a new user. Is it a troll? Somebody off their rocker? *shrugs* I went with some benefit of the doubt in 2nd reply, tho, pending more info.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:15 am 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Posts: 12
I don't know what you're talking about. i told the complete truth about my experience! Why can't you just except that? The only reason i was taking the oxycodone was from the surgery. And yes i did tapper down a bit the last week! and took my prescription as prescribed! Not to get high! The only reason i even posted my experience is because i thought it was odd, and i thought i could get a little advice! Not sarcasm!
And by the way, i'm not a troll! Just a woman in her 40ies who thought she could get a little support!
But i can see why there is so much negativity about online shit. It's people like you that make people not want to share their experiences on the internet! Because have OF YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT ANYWAY!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:32 am 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Posts: 12
And i wasn't trying to glorify the fact that i was taking oxycodone, it was just the fact i had to take it for surgery but ended up killing two birds with one stone. And maybe i'm not an addict because it wasn't about getting high for me. It was not wanting to have pain from surgery or
go into withdrawals while i wasn't on suboxone. Or maybe i just have a really cool doc who knows something nobody else knows! And to comment about my ALL CAPS REALLY! i thought this sight was about "SUBOXONE" not font size!! Boy, people are right when they say: STAY AWAY FROM THE INTERNET WHEN YOU NEED ADVICE!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:34 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 4:42 pm
Posts: 534
Location: currently residing in cyberspace
Well maybe you're a fluke case. There are people who stop taking fairly high doses of suboxone cold turkey and experience nearly no withdrawals as well. I forget the stat, but I think it is 1 out of 100 or less. So I apologize if you're being forthright. That said, odds are, contrary to your subject, I highly doubt that taking oxycodone is going to help too many people discontinue suboxone, like your unusual experience. Well actually it might, but then the oxycodone is highly likely to become a problem.


HELPZONE64 wrote:
Because have OF YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT ANYWAY!


:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:48 am 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Posts: 12
And i'am experiencing some withdrawals, but it's mostly lack of motivation, depression. insomnia, anxiety and lack of wanting to do much! I just can't figure out why i'am not sweating or have the chills or kicking and in pain like so many others do!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:14 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:40 pm
Posts: 54
I'm with kaiser and my experience was VERY different. They verify what you are on, amount etc. They make you sign a LOT of paperwork, trust me their backside is covered unbelievably well. They start with 4 mg go up 2-4 mg every half hour til you feel better and STOP. I was on a high amount of norcos and they stopped me at 12mg. They checked all surgery schedules and spoke with me before hand and figured out how to proceed. So if I understand correctly what you are saying is you were only on a small amount, for only a few weeks, saw your relative going thru addiction, you got anxious about becoming addicted, called advice nurse, she sent you to cdrp, they immediately put you on sub w/o telling you ANYTHING and now you are addicted to subs, got yourself off by using oxy and are worried that you are experiencing paws? Which kaiser are you with? Because you sure as h have a case to take to kaisers remediation if even half of what your saying is correct.


Top
 Profile  
 
   
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:05 pm 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Posts: 12
I'm from Portland Oregon. And yes they may have you sign a lot of paper work when you check in, but they tell you nothing about the ends and outs of Suboxone ! And yes they started me out at 16mg but later was down to 8mg and then 4mg. I did have many UA through out my treatment and had to follow up with a counselor once a year to stay on it. But once again, why would someone come on here and makeup a story about their experience? ……i don't get it! i thought we were he to support each other, not insinuate that the person telling a story is making shit up!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:21 pm 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Posts: 12
And by the way, i stared taking Suboxone in 2008! I have a very good job with great insurance , although,i don't think that makes any difference on how the procedure works, but it could change a few things.


I just want to know what part of my story you people think is so fabricated. i told the whole story to a tee!
it wasn't like i ask to have sciatic nerve pain down my leg so bad i couldn't evan walk! And believe me i suffered for months because i didn't think there was anything they could do for pain since i was on Suboxone. It wasn't until my doc sent me to the surgeon, and saw the problem! herniated disc crushing severals nerves! I was scared as hell not wanting to stop my suboxone and go thru hell, thinking i was going to suffer during and after surgery. My doctor just told me to stop suboxone until surgery and she put me on pain meds. I didn't feel any of the effects of the oxycodone AT ALL! was just praying i was getting some relief from pain and wasn't going into withdrawals! So if you don't believe my story, ask Kaiser doc about and i'm sure they would tell you that would be the only way to go! Or maybe your lying!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:31 pm 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Posts: 12
And one other thing, i have a whole bottle of oxycodone lefti will not touch! as well as 6 suboxone left! just want to prove i have not even been tempted! i think the reason people are having such a hard time with this story is because i didn't go crazy and relapse on the oxycodone. That's just another reason why i think i might not be an addict! I wish doctor Juing would give his input on this! after all he's the real expert here right?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:51 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:48 pm
Posts: 1316
Hey Help, I understand why you are upset, I would be
too if this type thing happened to me on here.
There are many good, fair experienced people who have bn though sub trearment who know there stuff.
Anytime someone would come on talking about useing opiates to relive sub wd, a notice of caution will pop up.

Sorry your first post turned into judgement. We addicts are great at that huh? Lol

I understood your fist post and felt you were fortunate the way yourcwd has turned out.

One person talking here dosent speak for all members of a forum and not this one either.

As far as trolls go, we havnt had one in awhile and I dont see you ascsome kind of troll HELP.

SO, maybe start over, andcread more and some of the others posts here.
Also, go over to dr junigs Talkzone and look for someo of his answers to your questions.

Hope this helps and there is helpful Information here.

best of luck, razor......


Top
 Profile  
 
   
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:58 pm 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Posts: 12
Thank you! i really do appreciate your respond! It makes me feel a little better!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:40 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:40 pm
Posts: 54
Helpzone, if you are talking about my post, please re-read. I think, if I got everything correctly, you should go to kaiser remediation. Because (again, if I'm reading your post correctly) the Dr that put you on subs didn't do anything to determine if you were even addicted (you stated that you were on a very small amount for a short amount of time, and you had more anxiety based symptoms than addiction issues, as I understood your post) Things like that shouldn't happen at small clinics, much less at a huge Kaiser CDRP. That is how you can help people, by making sure others don't slip through the cracks. I would, if you've been struggling with this since 2008, that incorrect diagnosis has been a major factor in your life.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:26 pm 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:28 pm
Posts: 12
Yes i agree, however, as far as the paper work goes i probably should have read the fine print. Because i do believe i wasn't properly diagnosed. But i also know that it sometimes can be hard for a doctor to really know who's an addict and who's not!…….sometimes they just go off what you say………..and i had no idea other than i knew i didn't want to go thru ANY withdrawals and they had something for that! i think ther're people i have known thru out my life that would be consider full blown addicts as I have heard so many people talk about how they have mis used opiate pain meds at some time or other. So i 'am not sure about diagnoses.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:34 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:40 pm
Posts: 54
I honestly don't know what to say then. Suboxone has truly saved my life. I don't want kaiser to be irresponsible because my cdrp has saved my life and I want them to continue to help others who truly need it. I have started to have health issues and I wouldn't have even bothered to take care of them without sub, so I'm probably not much help here. Good luck, though.CC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:59 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:35 am
Posts: 2802
Location: Southwest
Helpzone64,

I would like to first Welcome you to our forum! This is a place addicts and others come to discuss addiction issues and such.

It sounds like you may not have been diagnosed properly. We see very few people who can walk away from Suboxone or any other opiate w/o some nasty withdrawals. You did say you had some so it may just be you are one of the very few who do not suffer as bad as most.

The part we take offense to is the connection to Oxycodone and that helping someone to stop taking Suboxone. It happens, but like I said, very few can pull it off. So please don't be offended by our members having a hard time with your story. Saying to take Oxycodone for addiction help is like throwing gasoline on a fire. The vast majority of us would abuse or worse. It only makes sense for our members to think you are pulling our leg. It's just a rarity, that's all.

So once again, welcome to our forum, and don't expect the replies to get too much better. IMO, you may not be an addict. It sure doesn't sound like you are. But that is up to you to decide, not us.

If you decide you want your thread deleted and want to start over, say the word and it shall be done. Feel free to PM me with any concerns or questions,

rule

_________________
Don't take yourself so damn seriously


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:19 pm 
Offline
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:39 pm
Posts: 311
Ccleelee wrote:
I honestly don't know what to say then. Suboxone has truly saved my life. I don't want kaiser to be irresponsible because my cdrp has saved my life and I want them to continue to help others who truly need it. I have started to have health issues and I wouldn't have even bothered to take care of them without sub, so I'm probably not much help here. Good luck, though.CC

I with you cant say I have any angst against anyone with this. I created my own hell, I am with you on the health problems. was a great drug and severed me well, im sure I would be in jail or worse without it.
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:25 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:40 pm
Posts: 54
dirtyblonde wrote:
Ccleelee wrote:
I honestly don't know what to say then. Suboxone has truly saved my life. I don't want kaiser to be irresponsible because my cdrp has saved my life and I want them to continue to help others who truly need it. I have started to have health issues and I wouldn't have even bothered to take care of them without sub, so I'm probably not much help here. Good luck, though.CC

I with you cant say I have any angst against anyone with this. I created my own hell, I am with you on the health problems. was a great drug and severed me well, im sure I would be in jail or worse without it.
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Indeed, I wonder if a lot of people just forget how desperate, how alone they felt before they got help with sub, and then turn on it. But (I think I've read) that you have tapered and jumped, correct? Congrats!!! You are quite ahead of me, but I am always so inspired by people who have done their work and are ready to face life. Continued good luck to you, CC


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Our Sponsors
Suboxone Forum latest topics RSS feed Subscribe to the entire forum
 

 

 
Fond Du Lac Psychiatry
Dr. Jeffrey Junig, M.D., Ph.D.

  • Board Certified Psychiatrist
  • Asst Clinical Professor, Medical College of Wisconsin

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group