It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:17 pm 
Ok so i ran across something today. It has absolutely nothing to do with sub but i thought it was really freakin awesome!!

Here it goes:

Their will be 4 unusual dates this year: 1/1/11, 1/11/11, 11/1/11 and 11/11/11. Now figure this out.... Take the last 2 digits of the year you were born and add it to the age you will be THIS year an see what you come up with. Tell me this isnt freaky!! It blew my mind!! You will come up with the same answer no matter how you do it. Let me know what you think!! peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

oh shit man thats crazy 111 real cool man thanks for post that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:22 pm 
I know dude this is unexplainable!! I do not understand how in the hell this can be!! This is truly a mystery of the world if you ask me!! If anybody can explain it, feel free but i highly doubt anybody can. Its mind blowing in my opinion.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: nice trick!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, say you were born in 1998, then you'd be 13 this year, so 98 + 13 = 111. If you were born in 1981, then you'd be 30 this year. So 81 + 30 = 111 still. It's like a balance. If you were born earlier, then you have a smaller number to add to the age you'll be this year. Born later and you have a larger number (year) to add to your smaller age year. That's very cool. Last year, we all would have equaled 110, and the year before that would have been 109. It's really cool how it lines up with the year this year. 111 and it's the year '11. What does it all mean!!?? Someone call Jesse Ventura!!

laddertipper

Post subject: Duh
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yup, I feel stupid. As soon as i posted that I realized that last year (110) would have lined up with the year ('10) and the year before that would have lined up, etc. Double duh!! Still a cool trick that I never noticed before.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:19 pm 
You have a very different view of it than me lol. I dont see it as a "trick." Im not quite sure what i see it as but its quite strange if you ask me. It actually freaked me out at first because it just doesnt make sense how it could be explained. I get what your saying mathmatically but, in real life terms what does it mean. I just dont fully understand how this could be lol. Its definitely unique and kool.

Post subject: Trick or...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just called it a 'trick'. I guess maybe it doesn't fit the definition of trick. I should have said 'thingy' or 'phenomenon' or....'unique fact', etc. It's just that the turning of the century is like a balance. Say you were born in the year 1898, so if it were the year 1911, it would still equal 111 (98 + 13). See? I'm going to use this on my kids and see who figures it out first. The weird thing is if you were born after it hit the year 2000. Like my one daughter was born 2002 and she's going to be 9 this year. So that would equal 11 and not 111, and last year it would have equaled 10. And my younger daughter was born in 2007 and she'll be 4 so that's another 11, not 111. Still 11 but different if you weren't born in the 1900s like we were. Lucky us.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:31 pm 
Its definitely unbeliebaly mind blowing in my opinion!! Its some kind of astrology or whatever the word is. I find it fascinating!! Its actually scary because it makes me wander about all the predictions that have been made about planet earth like the one for the year 2012, ya know? Its just crazy to think such a thing can be!! Im still shocked by it honestly. I just cant understand it in depth. I understand the basics of it but not how it can actually work out to be that way for a human being. Were not talking about some historic fact. Were talking about every single different individual in the worlds numbers will add up to 111. Or as you said for your kids, 11. Regardless they add up to something with the number 1. I dont think i will ever understand how it can be no matter how its explained and it honestly seems like a mystery of the world. I guess thats the one thing that is the same about every human on this planet. Just crazy!!!! I was hoping more people would comment or find it as intriguing as i have but i guess not. Oh well. Its still kool to me!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:16 am 
I guess im just not kool anymore!! Oh well haha lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:59 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wow! 111 me, too! XD!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It is interesting but it is just math to me. However, if you find this totally fascinating, you might also find information on Intelligent Design fascinating.

- Winston Churchill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:43 am 
Thanks Jackcrack!!

Im just curious, what makes you see it as only math? You dont think its crazy and unique that as different as every human on this planet is, that one thing no matter what the persons age is and no matter what year they were born, everybodys results all equal 111? I just think its unbelievable how that can be!! Just my opinion. I am definitely fascinated by it!! I will check out Intelligent Design. Thanks for the replies

Post subject: No. it's not unique
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Okay, honestly, no I don't see it as incredible or unique. It is truly and simply only just math and if I could just explain it better, you would see that too. I'm going to try to be clearer and then you will see this too.

You know there are 100 years in every century, right? And then we are 11 years into this century, right? Okay. That's where the number 111 comes from. So, let's take someone born in 1980, cause that's easy. You take the number 80, and that represents 80 years of the last century, right? Then, the other number you need is the person's age this year. It's a fact that all those people will be turning 31 this year, right? What are those 31 years made up of? They are made up of the time the person spent in the last century and the time they've spent in this century. Obviously, they spend 20 years in the last century. And they are on their 11th year in this century. That equals 31, the age they are going to turn, right? It HAS to equal 111, because you are counting a whole century (100 years from last century, in this case 80 + 20) and then 11 years from this century because that's simply how many years we are into this century. So, of course, it will always equal the same number for everyone born in the 1900s. The only reason for that is the fact that 100 + 11 = 111 all the time. Math is very reliable like that.

There are lots of stuff that is weird and cannot be explained but this isn't one of them, as least IMO. I mean, it's cool, of course. Do you guys really believe in the 2012 thing? Sometimes that gets me nervous but the Mayan calendar aspect of it doesn't worry me, which seems to be the major thing that freaks people out. The Mayans don't see time as linear like we do. That's tough for us to understand. They see it as cyclical instead and the expiration of the calendar simply means we are starting a new cycle, which could be a wonderful thing. Not necessarily negative whatsoever. IDK, but silver prices are flying upward (meaning the overall trend) and I believe it's at least in part a result of people being afraid of 2012 and wanting something more reliable than paper money but less pricey than gold. I've been buying silver and I'm thinking of selling most of it before 2012 comes and goes and people realize the world isn't ending.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks for sharing that. The science of mathematics is filled with this sort of thing, and I'm sure there is some sort of proof of why it is so. Some things, like pi, Avogadro's number, and the natural log are simply observations.....but they seem almost mystical. Can you imagine the minds of those who figured this stuff out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:18 pm 
Laddertipper:

As absolutely confusing as what you said was lol, i totally get the mathmatic part of it. At least i think i do however, what does not make sense to me and this may be what you explained thefor meaning i didnt understand you, is how in the world can everybody in the world no matter what year they are born, no matter how old they are, equal 111 or even for kids born 2000 or after equal 11. Its still mind blowing, imo because even with your explanation i still believe their is something else to it. Its just my belief so dont take it as i am dismissing what your saying. I guess im one who puts faith in things that are not to be understood. Im not so sure i believe the 2012 thing but i do know their are things in this world that are not and may never be understood. I very much appreciate you trying to explain your understanding of it to me but, like i said above this is something i believe i will never understand even with the best of explanations. Its just to bizarre to me. As i've said, no matter the year somebody is born and no matter the age they will turn, it will equal 111 everytime. Or 11 for kids born in 2000. Regardless, even if your right with what you say i still find it fascinating to believe that its something else. Its just the way i am!! lol. Thanks to all who have replied!! peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

All i know is this is mind blowing like LS said! we all can come up with all different answeres as to why but this is cool as hell in my eyes.

Post subject: Okay, well I tried
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I hate when I can't explain something right. It really frustrates me to no end. I'm not saying it right, because if I did, you'd be like, "OHHHHHH!!!! Of course!!! I get it!!!!" Seriously, you would. It's not a coincidence. It's no more a coincidence than 5 + 5 = 10. It's just logical that it would HAVE to equal 111. If you did this with people who were born in the 1800s and it was 1911, it would equal 111 too. That's because there would have been 100 years (the 1800s) and then 11 more to get to 1911. It would be the same thing if you did this in the year 1811 for people born in the 1700s.

Every one of us born in the 1900s and on this forum has an age we will be turning this year (2011). We lived part of our time in the 1900s and this is our 11th year in the 2000s. When you add someone's year of birth, you are basically adding the part of the century that they weren't here yet. Then, you add their age, part of which was in the 1900s and will equal 100, and then you add the part that is from the 2000s, which is 11 years. That is 111 for every single person. Holy moly, am I the worst person ever at explanations or does even one person on here get what I am saying. Okay, I give up. I don't think I can explain it in a clear enough way. This really is basic math. I promise. I suck at wording it, I guess.

I'm going to go tip more ladders.

laddertipper

Post subject: Haha, I get it
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Okay, lifesaver, I think ur messing with me. At least I'm pretty sure. Heehee, you seriously had me going.

Should 'a seen it sooner! My bad, really.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:15 pm 
What do you mean laddertipper? I honestly am not trying to pull anything on you i promise!! Honest to god this isnt a joke or anything. What do you think im doing? All jokes aside, this isnt a joke. Its for real. I am truly fascinated by this because of how unique it is. Its not simple math in my eyes and if i looked at it the way you are, then it wouldnt be as fascinating. I just have a different way of viewing things i guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:04 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I know a great card trick that is purely mathematical. It involves counting cards into stacks, turning the top card on two stacks, and counting the remaining cards to ID the face-down card on a third stack. It always works....but no one can understand why.