It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:15 pm 
I assure you im not pulling any kind of trick here!! My hand on the bible im not messing with anyone or pulling a joke or trick. This is for real. I really do find this kool because i just dont understand it and no matter how much you say its only math, i just dont believe that. Theirs got to be more to it than that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's just math. 65+46=111, last year was 65+45=110 and last year was the year 2010. Again, just math.
It's the same as the current year minus one's age will equal the year of my birth. I don't see anything amazing about it.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:29 pm 
Wow hat, your being really nice today!! Sorry my interest are not amazing to you!! An its not about the damn math. Its the fact that every single person no matter the year they were born or the age they will be, it always equals 111. Thats whats hard to explain!! Im actually shocked at your comment to tell me you dont see anything amazing about it. Well good for you. You sure know how to make someone feel good!! Thanks alot!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:48 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

All depends on how you look at it. It is mathematical, which certainly doesn't mean it isn't a cool phenomenon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:20 pm 
Thanks for being supportive of my interest moman!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:10 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

There are all sorts of weird mathematical puzzles. Some of the ancients even worshiped certain numbers, thinking they had magical properties. The sky is the limit with the mental gymnastics of math. Hell, I dreaded having to take calculus and statistics in college, but got the sort of profs who made it come alive! Just finished Jeffery Deaver's latest novel "Edge" which has a basis in game theory. Of course, he's a Mizzou alum, too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I realize this is old and not sure if lifesaver is here anymore as I do not recall seeing her post since I have joined but thought I might find another way to describe it. Let's pretend it is 2000 and not 2011. No matter what year you are born in the year 2000 the year of your birth and the age you are will equal 100.

If you were born in 1930 in 2000 you were 70 70+30=100
If you were born in 1950 in 2000 you were 50 50+50=100
If you were born in 1980 in 2000 you were 20 80+20=100

Think of the year of your birth as a place marker that is accounting for all the time in the century before you were born this marker will be different for everyone but this is what also makes our ages different and how old we are makes the difference go away. The reason it is 111 is because it has been 11 years since the turn of the century, the year 2000.

Now lets look at it in smaller numbers for the children born in the 2000's, it is much easier to see with the smaller numbers.

a child born in 2002 in 2011 is 9 so 2+9=11
a child born in 2004 in 2011 is 7 so 4+7=11
a child born in 2006 in 2011 is 5 so 5+6=11
a child born in 2008 in 2011 is 3 so 8+3=11

Do you notice that every time the birth date increased by 2 the age decreased by 2. So it is in constant balance, for for a kid to be 2 years older than another kid they HAVE to be born 2 years earlier and for a kid to be 2 years younger they HAVE to be born 2 years later.

So no matter how old you are the equation will always equal the same, the only thing that will change between people are the 2 numbers they are adding. This is not a phenomenon, what would be weird is if everybodies age and year of birth added up to different numbers. I am not trying to be condescending or rude I am just trying to explain this more clearly. There is absolutely nothing weird about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ummm, Uh.......WHAT??? Just when I thought I knew how old I was, now I'm not so sure!!

Do your fancy formulas work if the person happens to be a male or are they only accurate for females?? You know what, if you have another set of mind bending formulas for males, don't even bother posting them because I won't understand them either.

I like the original premise this thread was based on, that number stuff is *magic*!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well aren't you fiesty tonight!