It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: here goes...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:58 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

after years of using pain meds recreationally and not often, they became readily available to me. I always enjoyed them, but had never done them in either volume or daily. As they became more around, I noticed I was doing more - every evening, then slowly every morning - until I didn't realize it. I remember the first time I ran out in march of 2008 and I had no idea what a w/d even was. I woke up, went to work - and just remember feeling like death. I didn't even realize how i got to that place. Over the next 2 years I went back and forth from using all the time, to using some times, and even periods of not using. I found out about sub, and had used 4-8mg of it to get off meds, and usually made it a few days-even weeks before I slowly caved in, and ended up back in the same place. In 2010- I have sworn off of the opiates (50-150mg per day), and had gotten my hands on some sub about 28 days ago. I got ahold of 32mg of sub, and took about 4mg per day for 8 days. At which point I basically ran away from my hometown to my parents place in another state. I have been clean of both now for 21 days. I am staying with them until the end of march, but then I must return home for work. While I am confident I will make it the 60 days away, I am nervous about returning home - returning to friends who use - mostly recreationally, and a select few who had got to my place. They all talk of quitting, but it's hard in that enviorment. Anyhow, that's my short story, Im loving life on day 28 - lost a lot of $, but luckily have not harmed anything else of true importance. I read everyone's story, and never wanted to post a DAY 2 post, because I felt I would be making 10 of them. Since this is the longest I have gone in over a year, I guess I thought maybe sharing my story would help others!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:46 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

So KP, you're now on day 28 of suboxone and in your own words are loving it. AINT LIFE GRAND!!!!! You are experiencing the same wonderful sense of release that I did, and it's no wonder that people speak of suboxone with an almost evangelical fervour once the pressure is off. The sense of clear headedness alone is worth the price of admission so to speak!
Good luck with your treatment bro, there are many of us here who wish you well and welcome you to the fold. We all have our own story to tell, and yours is most welcome. All the best!