It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I thought I would share what seemed to help my restless legs. I remember when I was a young girl. My dads wife (wife #5) told me to elevate my legs when I had complained of them hurting. I was either having growing pains or cramping.. She showed me to lay w/ my legs straight up a wall. So lay down w/ your bum toward the wall & your legs straight up the wall. Obviously one would have a rough time sleeping this way but you could try i suppose. So because I stopped taking suboxone after my taper I did recognise some discomfort in my legs. I piled up my pillows at the foot of my bed and laid my legs ontop of them when I went to sleep. I felt them relax in a way that was so nice. Now mind you I have been very lucky and have not experienced RLS very much thru out my taper. I stopped my sub treatment at 0.0625 after a 6 month taper and did in fact feel RLS lastnight to some degree. SO I HOPE that this might help someone that is suffering w/ RLS. I know it is a simple remedy and may not work for everyone but I slept all night..
GOOD LUCK hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's a good tip. I used to do that when I got growing pains when I was little too. Those hurt so bad!

My boyfriend sleeps with his feet on a big pillow under the covers every night because his feet hurt them every day. And I sleep with like 5 pillows under my upper back and head to elevate my neck. We are in our mid thirties and feel like we are little old feeble people sometimes. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:26 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I am so trying that tonight. Last night I would have taken my Chef's knife and hacked them off if I didn't need to walk today. I think no matter how crappy I feel today, I will go to the gym and do squats until my legs fall off.