It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:16 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey yall. I've been on Suboxone a while. I did heroin for the first time today after a few days without the Subs but I didn't feel anything, which is fine I wasn't really expecting to. My question is that can I still take a suboxone after doing H? The H didn't bind to my receptors obviously so I'm assuming it would be ok to take another suboxone in a few hours and not go into withdrawal but I wanted some opinions first. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:20 pm 
No definitely do not take it before at least 12 hours have gone by. If you haven't had subs in a few days and then did H the H still did latch on to some receptors you just didnt feel it because sub raises our tolerance level very high until being off it for a number of weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:23 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Oh ok. Well I've been off the Suboxone for about 3 days. I've taken Subutex until yesterday when my friend got the H. I figured since there was no Naloxone in the Tex that I'd feel some of it, guess not. I'll wait till later tonight to take another suboxone.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm not sure your post makes sense. You say you haven't taken Suboxone for 3 days, but then you say you took Subutex up until yesterday? If you took Subutex yesterday, it still has a crazy long half-life like Suboxone and you won't feel shit. First time I tried to get high while on methadone, I went through 2 grams in less than 2 hours, trying to feel that kick. I almost died doing that much, and learned my lesson REAL quick. If you HAVE been on Subutex till yesterday, you have a better chance of O/Ding, trying to feel the high cause you'll go through so much dope. No matter what, you won't feel anything except for the first 5 minutes MAYBE. Why don't you and your "friend" try to get onto some sort of maintenance program, weather Sub or metadone, or even C/T. It's a hell of a lot safer than what you are doing now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You def got to be careful with taking your suboxone right away def wait at least 12 hours like sub said if not 24 hours.

But I stress this you need to get away from this so called friend. IF this person knew you’re on suboxone and even brought H around yourself shows this person does not care the least bit about your recovery one bit but your overall health either. I really hope you will think about letting go of this friend ship cause if he or she got you to do heroin what’s next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:45 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah, I would wait too.

It's my understanding that it's not the Naloxone you have to worry about, it's the sub because of its extremely high affinity for the mu receptor. The sub would knock off any H on your receptors and that's precipitated withdrawal. You don't want any piece of that now.

I don't have any personal experience with H and it's effects or it's 'length of stay' on your receptors, but I'm pretty sure it leaves the body quicker than say methadone. I think you should be OK after several hours, but the real test will be how your feeling. I would wait until I feel at least a little shitty then take a small amount of sub and see how things go.

Be careful and good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:47 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I guess I should have clarified. I've never done Heroine until today. I've been on suboxone maintenance, a friend traded a few suboxone for subutex which explains why i said i havent taken suboxone. So yea I've been on buprenorphine either way i just thought since I've been on subutex the last 3 days it wouldn't have the blocking effect. It was just a one time thing, and like I said I wasn't even expecting to really feel anything. My QUESTION was if i could take another suboxone in a few hours since obvoiusly the heroine didn't bind to my receptors. I'm not doing more and more heroine to try to get an effect from it I'm not that stupid, all I did was a little line that maybe cost $20. No need for judgement, I'm sure you all have had enough of that already. Like the saying, don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:06 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

H has a 5-7 hour half-life. Methadone is 18-36 hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Let me try to clarify how the suboxone works. The naloxone in the suboxone is, in theory, supposed to prevent one from shooting up because it will put the person into precipitated withdrawals. It has nothing to do with being able to get high or not from the heroin. Also, just because it didn't get you high, doesn't mean the heroin didn't bind to the receptors.

But regardless, if you only did the heroin once you should be fine waiting a few hours before going back on the sub. You do not have to wait to feel some kind of withdrawal to start it up again. You only have to do that if you've been on a full agonist for more than a few or even several days. (For example, I had to take full agonists following surgery once. I only took it for about 3 days but alot of it. I only had to wait 12 hours to re-start my sub and I did NOT have to wait to experience withdrawals first. These instructions were per my sub doctor.

I hope this clears things up a bit for you.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.