It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:26 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

hi ,
im very worried i used to do pills a lot and im pregnant with my second one and ive been taking subutex with this pregnancy. ill live in ohio . my last child when i got to hospital automatically drug test me and i didnt know if they will test me for subutex or not ive been buying it off my girl friend shes pregnant to and 1 pill last me around 2 to 4 days.im slowly getting off it and hope to be before hes born.im scared i dont want them to call child protective services.hes almost full term and hes already prob. more than 6 pounds.so does ne one know if they test for subutex i know they gotta have a special drug test to test for subs.someone please set my mind at ease. also does ne one know how long does it take to get sub out of your blood?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i dont think they will test u unless they have reason to believe you have been doing something.. they do have to have a special test for it to show up.. so unless they think you have been doing anything your fine.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:15 pm 
chewie85 wrote:
hi ,
im very worried i used to do pills a lot and im pregnant with my second one and ive been taking subutex with this pregnancy. ill live in ohio . my last child when i got to hospital automatically drug test me and i didnt know if they will test me for subutex or not ive been buying it off my girl friend shes pregnant to and 1 pill last me around 2 to 4 days.im slowly getting off it and hope to be before hes born.im scared i dont want them to call child protective services.hes almost full term and hes already prob. more than 6 pounds.so does ne one know if they test for subutex i know they gotta have a special drug test to test for subs.someone please set my mind at ease. also does ne one know how long does it take to get sub out of your blood?

You've been buying drugs off the street while pregnant? That isn't cool.

If you tell the docs, they'll test you..and you need to tell them, bc your baby has a more than 50% chance of being born in w/d.

If you stop taking sub, you can really harm the baby. You can't stop it while you are in your 3rd trimester without consulting a
physician, who will probably tell you to keep taking it.

So you need to come clean to your doctor now. They need to know.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:46 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I think your best bet is to try your best to get off before your baby is born. Then NO Wd"s for baby and no trouble for you. I would start tapering slowly to make it easier oh baby!!!! I would hate for you to get in trouble for not telling the truth. I agree with the rest, if you dont say anything then they won't test for it. but if baby has signs of WD's then they will find. I'm sure it is not a regular to order a test for subs.
GOOD LUCK
Mel :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:24 pm 
meltalk wrote:
I think your best bet is to try your best to get off before your baby is born. Then NO Wd"s for baby and no trouble for you. I would start tapering slowly to make it easier oh baby!!!! I would hate for you to get in trouble for not telling the truth. I agree with the rest, if you dont say anything then they won't test for it. but if baby has signs of WD's then they will find. I'm sure it is not a regular to order a test for subs.
GOOD LUCK

No fucking way. Babies can w/d in utero and it can kill them.

There is no free lunch. You take opiates consistently, you w/d, no matter how you take it and how old you are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:12 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

That is why I say SLOW taper til your off,, less WD"s for baby and mommy!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

While meltalk is right that there's massive benefits in having a baby born free of dependence. There is also an increased risk of miscarriage while in withdrawals, and it's relative to the severity. Any decisions need to be carefully weighed up with this in mind.

IMO, it's in the interests of your baby's safety to inform them. It's a real difficult situation. Risk of harm to your baby, vs risk of protective services getting involved. Which one's about your child, and which one's about you?