It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:27 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hello world I am a first timer and I'm so confused! I been on this site ready all your good and bad story's from suboxones.i was on pain pills for a few years (3) and to stop that I found methadone a quick fix to my hug drug addiction right. Well I enjoyed to high better than the pills so I hung around the clinic for 5!!!! Yrs !! Crazy right
Well the last 3yrs at the clinic I came down from 160mg to 20 and switch to suboxones. I did the switch ok thank god I read your storys so I didnt mess that part up. So for the last month I been on about 2mg a day and I feel horrible! I want to just stop Dr said the methadone should be gone so I was wondering will my withdrawal be bad with only 30days on sub please help

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi PG, It's easy to stack up year on Methadone, and congrats to you for tapering off of it.

Did you start Suboxone at 2 mg/day or have you been tapering down since you got on it? What sort of symptoms have you been getting?

My addiction doc told me that the less time spent on Subs, the easier it is to get off of it. But she also said that all bets are off when it comes to long term opiate addicts. I spent about 15 years total on heroin and then Methadone/Subs; getting off Subs was a walk in the park compared to heroin withdrawl, but I had a couple months of noticeable symptoms during my Subs taper and early detox.

-- ji

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:38 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Well I can't get my dose right at all I started with about 2ml and I felt ok.but after two three days I was so sleepy and still feeling like something was missing and no energy.so I moved to 1ml I would dose once in am and then at night. I still feel withdrawal after a couple hours but but the drop did help I think.but my sub dr said methadone last 30days In your body so I was still having withdrawal from them too so I needed to take more. I wanna jump off at this 2ml but from what I read that's high does

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:41 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I run a daycare so I can't take any vaca to kick and I feel I have to do it now before I sit on the suboxon train for years . I wish I knew how bad I'm gonna feel lol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi P-girl, It's impossible to say how 'bad' withdrawal is going to be, because different people have diff experiences.

But I can pretty much guarantee that it will be no where near as bad as you think it will be. My experience was a lot like the other people who jumped around the same time, from doses as high as 2 mg/day to as low as .2 mg/day (me). Sleep can be a problem for a while, and there can be heaviness and lethargy for a few weeks, plus some emotional highs and lows. I was able to work right through my jump.

On the whole, it was totally manageable (for me and others), nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. It was also pretty f*cking amazing, seeing the world through drug-free eyes for the first time in many years; In a way, I'm glad I had a chance to experience this (freedom!), though I would be happy not to have to do a jump ever again, lol.

What's your recovery program like, btw? For me, I've learned that drugs were not really the problem, just a very, very bad solution. I now have a pretty committed recovery program that has given me the chance to find a real solution. What about you?

-- ji

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:00 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I did lots of meeting when I was on methadone and my insurance will not pay for my suboxones till I join an NA program. That part I think will be good for me
When I was on methadone I didn't feel anything for years I kinda forgot I had a problem to tell the truth. These sub remind me everyday that I have something controlling me and it sucks!and I feel like I'm dreaming all day and the dose im on is barely getting me by but I i will not go up anymore. Do you think it would be better to just jump off since its been a month or tapper down slow?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's a tough question. I think it's a personal thing, whether it's best to jump quickly or taper slowly.

I chose to taper slowly, but looking back, I'm not sure that was the best strategy for me. It prolonged lesser withdrawl symptoms over a longer period of time. In the end, I got frustrated with the taper and flushed my remaining Subs down the toilet...and instantly felt like I had done the right thing. The next few days sucked, but still totally manageable, and then it started getting better, week by week.

There's a thread on this forum by a guy who tapered down in tiny amounts over many, many months. He described the experience as completely 'pain free.' There's a thread by a forum member named Trainer who jumped at 2 mg/day, and had some rocky moments during her first couple weeks. (It took me more than two months to taper down from 2 mg/day to my jump dose.)

One thing I believe, whether you jump fast or taper slowly, you will be totally able to handle it if you're committed deep in your heart to getting totally drug-free. Also it's important to have a recovery program that you believe in. It's AA and CA for me, not just going to meetings, but doing the steps and working them daily.

-- ji

Portlandgirl wrote:
I did lots of meeting when I was on methadone and my insurance will not pay for my suboxones till I join an NA program. That part I think will be good for me
When I was on methadone I didn't feel anything for years I kinda forgot I had a problem to tell the truth. These sub remind me everyday that I have something controlling me and it sucks!and I feel like I'm dreaming all day and the dose im on is barely getting me by but I i will not go up anymore. Do you think it would be better to just jump off since its been a month or tapper down slow?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Portlandgirl..

How was it after 30 days? I am coming off of taking sub 23 out of the last 29 days... I am wondering what the W/D's will be like.. I got off it once before but I had been on it for 4 years.. it was horrible..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:42 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey guys I said screw waiting till spring break and I jumped last Friday so today is day 6!! My whole family takes subs and I have no cravings for them thx god! First 3/4 days I could not sleep I even smoked weed from my son I think that helped my anxiety a lot cause I could stop looking at the clock lol. My son was like nooo mom you want weed.he is 21 and has no idea what was going on
But the w/d are not that bad I have not missed on day of work thx god and the sun helps a lot
And I tried that tyriosid not sure spelling but it's for energy and it gave me anxiety for two days!
I'm a hug baby and I'm still going strong so you can do it!!! And Netflix was a life saver with no sleep and the dimmer on my tv.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:19 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Day 6 was kinda hard I had nooo energy at all! I hope that it gets better. I had to leave work early and go take a nap.and I'm drinking protein shakes cause I have no appetite at all
Any way it's in gods hands day 7:(

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Best of luck to you PG. I had a 180mg oxy a day habit for 5 months. Used sub for a little less then a week and jumped right off. Having such a hard time getting to sleep, both Me and my wife. Anxiety is relentless but we're holding on tight.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:49 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Well it's day 10 and I'm sitting at the bar with my husband feeling empty.he keeps talk and talking lol
I can't explain how I feel it's weird like I felt better on day 4/5
No w/d syptomes just yuck!! I drank a red bull and took b12 and it's giving me anxiety bad
Went to Costco and had to leave

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

HI there:

How are you doing now? I went about 3 days then took some for 2 days... then just took 3 days off then took 1.5mg yesterday. I seem to go about 2-4 days then take it again for a day or two and its been a little over a month.

The difference is I wasn't using for long before I got on sub.. I was taking a little bit of Norco for a few weeks before the sub and that's it.. had been clean for some time.. (year) So my history is a little different.

How are you feeling, etc? What were your worst symptoms?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:51 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Well today is 14 and I feel lil better not much energy . I did go out with some friends and got wasted. Bad idea took days in bed with hangover depressed af. I stil can't sleep more than 5 hours and I still have that restless think going on it comes and goes
I do feel better than I did on sub and first week of detox and I'm so happy i jumped before my spring break vaca so hopefully I will be feeling like myself for my break.my house is a mess from me being tired and my husband said I'm a mean cunt do he not helping oh well hope everyone is having a bless day✌️

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:14 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Well is day 16 wow can't Belive it after 3 yrs on perks 5 on methadone big waste of time and money and 2 months on subs.
I can finally say I not on anything and it feels really good. Now I'm still tired but this morning I woke up feeling normal no cold hand and feet no anxiety at all so I went for a two mile walk all alone.
I started taking pills because I was rapped and couldn't deal with it. So for me going to walk alone was a big jump for me and I feel like I'm taking my life back one day at a time no drugs no crap from anyone. I'm looking forward for to life again not so darn depressed today.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:08 am 

I'm so sorry to read that you were raped. I think your progress, especially considering what you've come back from, is incredible and inspiring! I wish you all the best on your journey in recovering from opiate abuse and the mental and physical wounds you have suffered.

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:18 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PG

Congrats on 16 days! You are doing excellent in my eyes! So good to hear you went for a walk alone! That is a BIG thing after what happened.

Thank you for updating. I love reading positive jumps.

Yeah PG!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Portlandgirl: Your 'withdrawal' experience was pretty remarkable. When I came off agonists I lost 30 pounds, and couldn't muster the energy to walk the length of a block for about 6 weeks. I think most people here would feel lucky to be able to go out and socialize-- good company or not-- at 16 days!

Realize that it is extremely rare for a person to take buprenorphine for one month-- after being on methadone for a year, after a long period of opioid dependence--- and then simply stop buprenorphine and stay clean. In studies, people who take buprenorphine for less than a year have relapse rates of 96%-- within the first year alone. I hope you will use the statistics to understand just how important it is to keep your head on straight--- keeping away from old using pals, keeping your house free from opioids, etc.

At the forum we have many people who stop by and tell us their story after a month.... but we rarely hear from them six months later. With that in mind, put a mark on your calendar six months from now, and when the time comes, stop back and let us know how things are going. I hope you do well!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:03 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey guys I will definitely keep you guys up to date in couple months on my recovery.
I am gonna start NA meeting so I never forget my pass demons and try stay on right track
My hands R still so cold and my feet so it has to be from the suboxon still in my system maybe cause I never had this problem on methadone. And I am taking Advil for my everyday pain
I chase kids all day come home clean ect and never felt old are herd my bones pop!!
New day new me I guess cause being tired and body aches suck!
But the weirdest think is I had a tumor on my left boob and had surgery and all and the took muscle too and that was like two yrs ago. But now I'll do something and the pain is there like I just had surgery so I think I'm gonna go see a dr about it
I was alway I. The methadone clinic with all they meetings and groups I never had time go see a real dr
Well it like day 18 Hope everyone is well

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You chase kids around all day? What do you do? Or are they your kids???... curious as I have a son..