It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:48 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey morphing it's not really a headache it feel like pressure at anxiety cause it comes with blurry vision too. Now I'm getting over a cold which I haven't had in years so that might be playing apart of it not sure but it freaks me out and I try to keep calm so I do go into a full on panic attack. I'm not any anxiety meds and I don't want to start.
But it seems to come every afternoon and I'm the type to do the same think day to day one cup coffee too many smokes and a beer after work.lol
Someone said because of my runs I might need more water so I been drinking plenty today so will see what happens.
Thank you guys so much my circle of support has run thin! They feel I should be back to normal and stop talking about it..
I'm just pray it's not paws

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:56 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey tfisher congrats on 4weeks!! You said that so right it feels like it's been forever since my jump date but in reality it's no time at all I'm gonna try the water and Gatorade. We I was fresh of my jump I took all my vitamins and drunk plenty of water and now I kinda fell back into the bad eating habits.
I think I'm gonna make apt to get eyes checked out I had glasses years ago and I am getting older so that might play apart of my vision problem.
How what mg did you jump from? And do you have your energy all the way back yet?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:57 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi! To answer your questions, yes I have my energy back and I jumped at .25mg liquid method. I was surprised that it still sucked that bad at such a low dose. Yes my energy is back to normal, I'm working out again but I have noticed I have to try really hard to not eat like total shit now that is over!! Had no appetite for pretty much my taper from 2mg into about 10 days ago. Now I could just eat all day long if I let myself. Also though about 1.5yrs ago i quit both alcohol and cigs when i started on sub...I feel that helped my body with the jump. I think my immune system improved when i quit smoking actual cigs (I love vaping though, although I don't vape nearly as much as I smoked, although I vaped like a mother fucker, pretty much in a constant vapecloud for the better part of the first year!)

What about you? How's your energy? Do you ever get like anxiety and really really tired all at the same time? That happened most of the first two weeks. Now when I get anxiety feelings I just talk myself out of it.. Which probably just means it's not actual anxiety because there's no talking anyone out of anything in a real moment of full blown anxiety.

I think the uneasiness will last awhile. Ive just kind of accepted that today. Although there are days when I'm like whhaaattt thhheee fuuuuuuuhhhh.... How do I not feel normal by now????????

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:11 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

PortlandGirl,

Yeah, it could be dehydration and electrolyte imbalance (of course, I only lack 8 years having my medical degree, so take my advice with a grain of salt). The Gatorade would be good to try. There are also a form of migraine headaches that cause vision problems. I wouldn't let it go too long without talking to a doctor about it. Keep us posted, please.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:34 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey guys I went to the dr yesterday and she said it's something going around it starts as a cold moves up to sinus infection and it can get pretty bad and that's what I'm hoping is wrong with me. I have two ear infection swollen face infected nose and throat with a temp of 102!!
So I'm praying that this med helps.
I also made appt to speak with dr about anxiety med.im not sure if I wanna start something new after kicking methadone then sub what do you think?
I have not had a full on panic attack yet but that weird feeling right before it starts keep coming off and on all day.
This might sound crazy but every time my boyfriend drags me into target I have full on panic attack so maybe I'll go to target see if I flip out lol
That way I can see if it's my anxiety are something more giving me the weird feeling

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:28 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Omg I'm feeling so much better!!! No blurry vision no anxiety feeling
So I guess I was really just sick.
Only thing is my hands started freezing again and I still have the runs
But I can deal with that

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:12 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Awesome!!! So glad to hear you're feeling better! :)

Brrr.. The being cold thing still hasn't totally gone away for me. I can sympathize with you there!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:05 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Well I'm over my sinus infection thank god but my blurry vision is still here it bust be anxiety. And I'm not sure if I'm still going threw detox or paws. I just feel like crap at work like I just made the jump and the feeling comes and goes all day. Then at home no energy it's like I'm going backwards
I'm on like day 52 I think.
Is this normal and is there anything I can take to help?
I feel like I'm living min to min!!!
I just want to feel normal

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:01 am 

Hey Portland,
Your doing great, hang on. Your over half way there at 52 days. These simptoms ofvwd or paws will go on for a time.
Dr Junig believes as we have seen here that it takes 2 to 3 months to get back to normalcy. Your 2/3's there !!!
I do not have any other advice other than to read threads here in the Stopping Suboxone forum and see what people have gone though.

You ve done great so far, congratulations and keep going!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:07 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Portland girl,
Glad to hear your sinus infection is gone and over with, but sorry to hear you're still feeling so shitty :(

I still think you should go get your eyes checked, getting contacts was one of the best things I've done. I had the blurry vision constantly too and it really helps mood, energy and headache frequency wearing contacts every day and actually being able to see!

If you are set on taking something to relieve your fatigue...Have you tried taking l-tyrosine supplement? When I was combating extreme fatigue 500-1000mg in the morning worked well for me and didn't cause anxiety. Just helped me get back on a regular routine.

That's another thing my doctor recommended: go to bed and wake up at the same time every day. No matter what. After a week or two this actually helped and I'm able to sleep without meds for the first time in my life. Develop good sleep hygiene, I.e. a routine to do before bed every night to get your body/mind ready for sleep. Like washing your face, brushing your teeth and doing some stretching to relax. And no screens an hour before bed. I know this all sounds dumb but to get to a truly medication free life I was willing to try anything and it actually works.

And I used to be of the mentality that "I feel ______ symptoms... What can I take to alleviate that??" Like there was literally a pill for everything. I think a HUGE step for me in getting to feeling better after the jump was to just accept however I was feeling that day and then roll with it. And trying to live an all around healthy lifestyle instead of medicating my problems. I'm not suggesting that this is your mentality, I'm just sharing how it was for me. Always looking for something I could take to make me feel better instead of doing the work to be a healthy person.

Lately coffee has been doing the trick quite well now and then to give me a little boost on the days I feel really low energy. Caffeine in any form will do the trick, the key is to only drink enough to give you a boost and not enough to give you anxiety.

Drink at the very least 64oZ of water a day.

My last of all suggestion that has helped me immensely is staying away from alcohol and smoking, and getting regular vigorous exercise... Like the kind that makes your clothes so soaked with sweat that you have to change out of them to even get into your car to avoid sweating up your seats! A good way to get this sweaty is hot yoga, but if that sounds like doing time in a torture chamber to you... Doing intense incline intervals (even at a walking pace) on the treadmill for 20-30 mins will get the job done as well. But if you're not much of an exerciser, start small. Anything will help immensely, I promise!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:48 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Doing better!! Much better

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

what day are you on, and do you have any lingering symptoms? You seem pretty upbeat so that's awesome to hear.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:11 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I'm on day 56!!!!!
I have my eye apt Tmro and I'm felling about 90%
Still have the runs and it sucks!! But I'm going out doing things and the cold hand feeling is gone

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:21 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Congrats on your progress! So glad to hear you're doing well. Isn't it a relief when the cold running through your blood disappears???

I'm sure your doctor will be very proud and impressed with your progress. You should be proud of yourself too. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:03 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Yes! It's crazy how much I messed up my body !
Every time I get down I just think of what day I'm on.
And being fully clean I have no time for bull crap.it was a couple of daycare parents that have not paid or late I booted them out! Nice passive girl is gone!! Lol I'm really looking forward to what the future hold and how I will stay strong strong in my faith and healing. I hope anyone reading this will just do it and take one day at a time. It's hard and I'm still learning also music is like the best thing ever!!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:07 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Omg that's hilarious... I also discovered that once I was feeling better, my nice passive personality was gone. Hahaha I now find my tolerance for putting up with peoples bullshit is basically non existent, I no longer fear confrontation, and I have absolutely no problem telling people NO.... why do you think this is??

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PortlandGirl

Just want to say you are doing AMAZING! I expect you will feel better and better as time goes on. After all, you were on methadone for several years so feeling this well so soon is great.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:36 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

That's funny. When I got off the first time I noticed that I was no longer scared of confrontation or putting up with crap. I'm a manager so people were really noticing they weren't getting away with stuff and what not.. Guess that happens to most of us, our emotions are crazy. Hey awesome job on your progress.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:44 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey guys thanks for all the support !!
I'm still going strong and I went to see my dr she put me on welbutrin
Which I'm not sure if I want to start that just yet and I finally figured out
Why my eyes are blurry and I been feeling anxiety ish
She said my sugar it going to low.
It was 80 when she checked it out so hopefully with good eating I can get it
Under control and start feeling better.
It's funny cause every morning I would feel fine stop grab my star bucks extra strong then hit the road.
Within min my eyes get blurry and i get lightheaded. Then go grab fast food every day!!
She said I gotta get it together and I'll start feeling better so we'll see can't hurt.
I still have the run!!!! And I started sneezing really bad again not sure what's that all about
And still no cravings!!! Gonna keep my fingers crossed that I never do.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 6:37 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Glad you found the source of the issues. Are you diabetic (hyperglycemic) or Hypoglycemic? You should get you a pack of the glucose tablets to carry with you in case you need them. They're only 4 grams of carbs apiece so you can take 1-3 depending on how low you get. I like the orange ones from CVS.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next