It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:17 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I run our family daycare
I will say now that I have spring break off I feel more depressed and I can still feel some of my w/d just hanging out at home.
I'm wondering if anyone detoxing notice that cigs make you feel yucky
It might be just me

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow, you are amazing managing that while detoxing. I have a 9 month old.. I think I said that.. I took sub on and off for about 5-6 weeks.

I think I will have mild and mostly mental stuff like you. I know when I am not busy I feel it more.. work out it will help you soooo much!

I always felt like cigs were gross when I was detoxing.. but I also quit when I got pregnant.. haven't picked that one back up

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:36 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

You will be fine and I notice when my grandson visits me it helps a lot
Kids can take your mind off this crap and his bad butt helped me so much
I really understand what people say about the mental pArt being the worst.
Before my jump I order every think that could possibly help and it was big waste money.
I think my tapper was wayyyy worst! It was like I was teasing my body with lil crumbling of subs twice a day.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:41 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Oh yeah NorCal you are so lucky few weeks on subs your good!
I was on methdone for years and my sub dr said it would take at least 30 to get over withdrawld from that alone. I'm gonna go jogging soak up this sun its 67 degrees so in oregon everyones out side ✌️

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey there..

What was your sub taper like? How long, much, etc.. You do seem to be doing remarkably well.. give yourself some serious credit for that!! :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:45 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I started with the strips 8mg and I would take 2mg for the first 3days and I hated the way I felt.
It would give me headaches all day and I felt like I was on something weird I could fall asleep at any time so I by day for I found this site and everyone said less is more so I cut does I'm half so 1 mg a day. But I would split dose .50am .50pm
It helped a bit but still felt weird so o had to switch to pills cause dr chg me 400 month and the sub I had to pay out of pocket too. So I would cut them up and every wed I would drop a lil and looking back I probably went to fast but I wanted to be done! And when you tapper its a real game you get so happy with coming down it's crazy all I could think of is sub and jumping off.
I think that subs are so strong you feel w/d but not so bad you can't handle life it just last longer
So do you have a jump date? That helped me stay alot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey there..

I've gotten down to about .25-.3 a/day so in the next few days I'll be done.. I was on and off of it for 7 weeks and never more than 1mg typically..

How are you feeling? Wanted to check in..

Running has helped me Tremendously!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:43 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

It's going pretty good I feel my energy coming back again and I notice I stay at work a lil long
I would usually run home to take my subs.
And if I talk to anyone about w/d they seem to come on and stay for couple hours so I gotta learn to shut up lol.
My sleep is getting better I wake up at 5am still but I don't get pissed like before I have some coffee do a lil yoga and start my day. Today makes 4weeks clean I'm so happy and proud and if it wasn't for God not sure I would be in this new space right now.
I still have the runs not sure it it's still from the subs are the protien shakes which ever it is it sucks!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey there...

I remember the runs being one of the last things to hit me and one of the last to go.. Protein shakes do it for me too..

You are doing great! Yoga, protein! Way to go!! I have been running 2-3 miles a day for 3 weeks now..

I am down to 0.1mg doses a few times a day.. and totally comfortable.. I should be good to be done in a few days if not this weekend.

Have a great one hun!! :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:09 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey NorCal this is my second attempt at this msg lol
Hope you and your lil one are doing great.
I am getting over a cold it sucks first cold in ten years!
I'm on like day 40something I lost count and I still have the runs how long does this last?
My energy is coming back lil by lil and I'm sleeping better melatonin is my best friend right now.
And I put on like 8 pounds which is good cause I lost a lot tapering down
Anyway hope all is well✌️

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:09 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Nor cal ...
Been thinking of you! How's the taper going? Have you finished yet? How ya feeling? Hope all is well, check in with us someday soon and let us know how you're doing!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:52 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I have one grandson and 23 daycare kids!
And I think he the baddest one lol
We have lots of help but all the babies cling to me

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:08 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Portland girl,
Sounds like you have your hands full lol!!! Wow! I think it's absolutely adorable that the babies cling to you. Maybe they know you are a special, compassionate type of person and they want to cling to you to transfer you some sort of pure innocent energy to help you get through tough times!! I feel like animals do this all the time, so why not babies? ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:14 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey PortlandGirl,

I hope you're enjoying a peaceful, relaxing weekend, after a week with 23+1 children all hanging all over you!

--Morphing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Portlandtgirl

Sounds like you are doing GREAT! :D It takes special people to take care of that many children. Babies can sense "good people" i think. Babies & animals love me LOL

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

NorCal

How are you? Please check in....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:56 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Yes, I second that notion. Been thinking about nor cal and wondering how everything is going. Check in! We are thinking of you!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:29 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey guy I notice that every afternoon I get kinda sick headache are maybe it's anxiety with blurry eyes and I feel yucky. Could I still be dealing with suboxone withdrawal?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:11 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

PortlandGirl,

Is this something that's just begun recently? Can you think of anything that has changed? Routine? Workload? Diet? More stress? Less caffeine (coffee or soft drinks)? Pollen-induced allergies (seasonal-related issue)? Blood Pressure (this gives me splitting headaches!)? There are soooo many things that can cause headaches. I would be surprised at this point if it was the Suboxone, with one possible (although not probable) exception...the painkilling properties of buprenorphine could have been masking the headaches, but I just think it would have manifested itself sooner if that were the issue.

I don't mean to be difficult with all the questions, it's just that there are so many variables that need to be eliminated.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:53 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi Portland girl!
Hope you are doing well today! So sorry to hear about the weird headaches and blurry vision each day :( my only thoughts are a) dehydration or b) permanent changes in eye sight, or c) that time of the month.

I'm at 4 weeks yesterday and I had to go in last week and get my eyes checked and get contacts! It's really helped considerably.

Also I don't have as dry of a mouth as I did while taking subs so I really have to remind myself to drink as much h20 as I was! Also taking all natural electrolytes that I buy at my yoga place. Coconut water helps me feel better too when i get headaches. And also I'm still having a bad gut... Meaning the runs, agonist every day so that doesn't help the dehydration issue in my case anyway. And the time of the month thing...I had a really crappy week feeling achy and headaches and grouchy...and I think it was partly due to that wonderful monthly gift. I don't know, just a few suggestions, as I've also been struggling with random bouts of feeling crappy at weird points in the day.

Congrats on your progress!!! Lind of unbelievable how much time has passed huh? Yet not much at all in the whole sceme of things. That's how I feel about it at least. I'm working on trying to feel proud and happy and confident, and realizing that this is a new chapter in my life instead if waiting to feel like I used to feel... but I'm just not quite there yet. Today is still fresh but it already feels better than yesterday.

Thanks for posting, I enjoy reading your progress! Enjoy your day:)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next