It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: help very sick
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:32 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

took soma/oxycodone for 2 years

got off it went to suboxone been on suboxone for a year. Ran out last week and having problems with insurance.

so had withdraws leg pain mostly and I started taking 10 mg of hydrocodone times 2. plus soma. 3 times a day for 4 to 5 days. then found one 15mg oxycodone and I split it in 4. Was not getting any high of the Hydrococone and got stupid.

Also may took bacolen a muscle relaxer and the sickness on Saturday started, thinking my body wanted the oxy condone. I could not wait 12 hours as I was sick bad waited 6 hours took suboxone felt all hot and sweaty for 2 minutes and then felt great. By midnight had migraine took my second subxone. Didn't sleep well woke up all sore and took my third subxone at 1 PM. By t he way I am paying for these at the pharmacist. Now after 1 Pm i am getting really sick flu like symptoms started around 130 and it it 6 30 in the eying I am sicker then a dog. My mom is going to get me 4 more suboxones right now at the pharmacy for 42.00. Am I sick from the opiates or the suboxone. What should I do? I hate this feeling should I take one suboxone and a half?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

First off ,,
HELLO, welcome!!!!

Hope I/we can help you. It sucks, from the sounds of it!!

so Ive got a couple questions before I can really reply....

How much sub are you taking at each 'dose'
how much have you taken total/over how many hours???

I understand the cost thing, believe me!!!

Hopefully between everyone here, and some answers from you, we can get this thing figured out!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:15 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

As a Thought go back to the Suboxone dose that you were taking all of last year up until you ran out due to the Insurance problems. You need to stabilize yourself back to what you were taking, give it a full 3 days on that dose and then see where you are. You will be better, you might need to take a little more but dont take more unless after those 3 days of stabilizing have passed. After the 3 days at the same dose you might feel good agin and not need to take any more. Just remember that Suboxone stays in your body a long time and has a half life of 37 hours, if you took 16 mg, then 37 hours later you still have 8mg in your system, so look at it that way. Get back to your usual Suboxone dose and stick with it for 3 days, then and only then see where you are at. You will be getting better, it just takes a few days. hang In there and keep us posted, let us know how you are doing.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You asked if you're sick from the suboxone or the opiates...well, suboxone IS an opiate. You're simply withdrawing off OPIATES. PERIOD. Whether it be suboxone or hydrocodone, they are all opiates. Yes, they have different half lives, but basically they are all opiates. Chances are you held off your "sub" withdrawals by using the hydros for awhile, now they are hitting you again. I agree that you should go back on it and use it to taper off it slowly. If that's an option for you, that is.

I wish you the very best as your move forward.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.