It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:39 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I was addicted to opiates for about 3 years and stopped a week ago, I started taking 2 milgrams a day of suboxone and now I want to stop that also. I dont want to have to take anything anymore. First question if I have taken 2 milgrams a day for 7 days how long will it take to get out of my system. Second I have read a couple questions that taken a half of vicoden for a week will help with the withdrawels from suboxone. Any advice please will help. Im not worried about becoming addicted to vicoden, never liked it, it makes me have stomach issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello TCAC05,

First of all, please allow me to welcome you to the forum. I hope you find some support and information here. I know this forum has been invaluable to my recovery.

OK, now let me see if I understand. You are addicted to opiates and have been for the past three years. Last week you decided to get help and to start on your recovery - and you started suboxone. Now you've changed your mind and want to stop the sub and want to use another opiate to do it? This is my opinion: No matter what opiate you take, be it suboxone or a regular pain pill (full agonist), you're going to have to taper off to avoid withdrawal symptoms. An opiate is an opiate is an opiate. To your brain they are all the same, whether it's your DOC or vicodin.

May I ask why you want to stop suboxone? Seven days isn't really giving it a chance. If you're comfortable doing so, maybe you can give us some more information about yourself and we can help a little more. Have you had a problem this past week with the suboxone? Forgive me if I'm asking you too many questions. I wish I could be of more help...I'll be looking to see if you post more information. Good luck.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.