It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:08 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello everybody! I am 23 years old and I have been on suboxone for 2 years now. Due to high costs and inconvenience I have been buying them off the street. My connect cant get them anymore and I have about 2 weeks before I run out. I have been frantically calling around the Bronx, Brooklyn, and Mmanhattan to find a suboxone Doctor. I have just been getting thrown around leaving messages and hanging on busy lines for someone to tell me 30 minutes later they don't know what suboxone is... I had one person from Brooklyn call me back he said he has no idea how much the medication costs, and it's 200 dollars for each visit every week along with the actual cost of the medication. There is absolutely no way I can afford that. I am on my moms insurance right now and there is NO way she can find out. Is there anyway I can use the insurance without her finding out? Are there any affordable Doctors that anyone goes to around here? Any information would be a HUGE help, Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:54 pm 

I'm sorry that no one has been able to answer your question, but welcome to the Forum!! :)

I would suggest talking with pharmacists in your area and asking which doctor/s are prescribing sub They don't have to disclose that info, but it's worth a try.

Good luck on your search!

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:04 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

ok. Yea I've been calling around and Its just so unbelievably unaffordable its not even funny. Some one told me 1000 for the induction + apt + medication. No one will tell me how much the medication costs here so im afraid to find out. I have about 5 days of suboxone left and Im having surgery in a couple weeks. Im so anxiety ridden, its awful. The last thing I feel like doing is standing in the streets asking shady people, but it might be my only option right now.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:16 pm 

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time finding what you need. It seems like there are never enough doctors who prescribe it! And many of the ones around charge high fees!

I hope that something opens up for you within the next few days. I'll have my fingers and toes crossed for you!

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:24 pm 

Have you done the search via our function up top? And also try NAABT.org for more information.

And no, your medical information is private so your Mom should not find out about it. Unless you're a minor, then I don't know.

What you need to do is search for doctors who are licensed to prescribe in your area. Cross reference that with the ones on your insurance policy. Is it a PPO or a HMO? Big difference there. If you have a PPO and a Suboxone doctor is on the list you might get lucky and find one who accepts insurance as paid in full. They are rare but out there.

If you're having surgery soon then it's a good time to taper down what you have now to be off it before you go in. That way the pain meds have a chance of working. You may be able to get off them completely by tapering down the pain meds. That is, if you're ready to be off them.

Keep trying. I spent two full days on the phone until I found one.

rule

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Dr. Garyali. Ill look for contact info. She was my Dr for 3 yrs. Good luck.