It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Help!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:22 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I am new here and just need some answers from people who have or are going threw the same thing. I was on 8mg strips since June of 2012. About three months ago my dr. Switched me to 2mg strips. Here lately I have been experiencing withdrawl like symptoms, no energy, can't sleep, horrible cravings, shaking and so emotional. I have not used at all since I started. I tried talking to my dr and he said I would be fine. However I don't want to get out of bed but I can't sleep. Is there a difference between the two. Just to clarify I was taking a quarter of an 8mg and now take a 2mg. Please help I'm going crazy and so tired of crying and hurting all over.

Post subject: Re: Help!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm sorry I'm not 100% sure, but the posters here are very experienced so please keep checking back!

To me it seems like after 3 months, even if your body had a WD to the 2mg, it would've evened itself out. I'm wondering if you actually need to be on a lower dosage?

Either way, I'm so sorry! I hope they can figure something out better than I have.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just to clarify, your doctor dropped you from a steady dose of 8mgs to 2mgs without tapering down?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:17 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi and thanks for the responses. Sorry I guess I wasn't clear, I was taking a quarter of the 8mg so 2mg, then he put me on the 2mg strips. I noticed that's when I started craving more and just tried to power threw, but the past few weeks I'm feeling it physically. It's almost like I'm not taking any suboxone at all. Any advice would be great!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Is it possible to go back to your 8mg strip? There's no reason for cravings and feeling like crap!! Suboxone is there so you don't have cravings and WD symptoms, to keep us from using again. Your doctor should understand that. If he doesn't, I suggest a new doctor. Until you're ready to come off, you shouldn't be feeling like this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:34 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I asked him about it and he said there was no difference. It's all in my head. I have an appt tomorrow and will ask again, I'm just scared he will get mad and kick me out of the program. And there is only one other dr where I live and the waiting list is almost a yr out.

I know this isn't supposed to be a walk in the park and I have to work on my addiction too, but I thought the meds were to help.

Thanks for your response, it's greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:35 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I forgot to ask in my last post, do you think I should just stop taking it? Or would I feel even worse?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sorry I misunderstood. I honestly have no idea what's going on with your dose. There should not be a difference between taking a quarter of an 8mg strip or a 2mg strip. You might have been getting a tiny bit more sometimes, when cutting your 8mg, but not enough of a difference to be causing these issues. My only guess is that it's a psychological thing. It's either that, or you've stumbled upon bad batch(es). I doubt it's the latter..

Maybe Mama is right, see if you can go back to cutting your 8mgs if it's affecting you this much. I'm sorry :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Can you go see a doctor? Maybe there is something else going on with you.. like thyroid issues or something?

I wouldn't just stop taking your dose, I think you'll feel worse. Although, you could test it if you wanted to.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:51 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks so much, I will ask the dr tomorrow and let you know what the outcome is.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Running into a bad batch of films is not unheard of. Did this problem start as you started into a new box of films?

If not, you may be sick. When I was on opiates and would get sick, it's like being sick would almost block my opiate receptors or something and I would feel like I was in wd while sick? Actually, there was a person on here a few days ago who was complaining of much the same symptoms you are and ended up they had the flu.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:18 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I'm not sure how to tell if its a new box, I can't see when the pharmacy fills it, but I will ask. I don't think I'm sick and I haven't been aroun anyone sick, but who knows with the weather changing. I would love to say I'm sick and know that this feeling will end. I feel so low and useless and I don't want my kids to suffer because I don't feel good.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:17 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wow! Would it be a blessing in disguise if they were faulty strips!? I mean 3 weeks would be a good WD length. You could always try to not take anything and see if you feel worse, or the same? That way you can either get off of them, IF you're ready, or tell your doctor they're just not working!

I'm sorry he isn't being understanding. That has to feel awful.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:16 pm 

It might be cheaper for you to buy 4 8mg strips then to buy 30 2 mg strips. Maybe your doctor would consider going back to prescribing the 8mg strips if you asked for financial reasons. Worth a try!

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:00 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hello!

Thanks south for all your responses it's so nice to know I'm not alone when I feel so alone.

So I went to the dr and he said he wouldn't prescribe the 8mg strips he feels there is no difference.

Here's my thing...why take them when I feel they don't work as well for me. Wouldn't it be worth it to just stop taking them since that's my ultimate goal anyhow? I took my 2mg yesterday but not today, I'm just scared as to how bad it's going to be and for how long? I bought some Imodium because I hear it works wonders. But I don't know how much to take at one time for relief and don't have a lot of money to buy more.

If anyone has any insight on what to expect and for how long and on Imodium that would be great!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would be "going crazy" too if this was happening to me at the time. I have been reading along trying to figue out something for you. Honestly I have NEVER heard of a bad batch of films and I have taken hundreds of them and so have several of my friends. Never have the subs not worked to their full potential, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen.

What disturbs me most is your ridiculous doctor not wanting to give you the 8mg strips. What possible reason could he have for not doing it? Makes no sense to me whatsoever and I truly feel bad for you.

Seems like you are being forced off the sub due to them not providing the withdrawal help they should be doing. Other than maybe getting a new sub doctor, this is what I would do if I were in your situation. I would stop taking the subs right away. Try to let 2-3 days pass and hang in there.

Let the symptoms really build up so they get quite severe just like you would be at your first induction. And basically I'm suggesting trying to do the induction over, and maybe not tell the doctor any of this as long as he really isn't being any kind of help.. Keep it to yourself and see if this works.

After 2-3 days begin taking .50mg - 1mg pieces and see if you can get stable and feeling better. Maybe getting what sub is in your sysytem, out of your system as much as possible will make a new dose work better to your satisfaction? This may help and it may not, but it's certainly worth a try at this point it seems. Can't hurt anything as you already feel bad enough.

Other than that I have no idea what could be the issue. Wish I did.

Your going to have some half life build up still in your system, so it may take a couple days for it to dissapate to the point withdrawals get more severe. You mentioned just stopping now as that is your ultimate goal. Well this will give you an idea how the symptoms will be if you do decide to go that route. Any symptoms may not begin for a couple days or even longer.

My suggestion anyway. Hope this works out for you soon, one way or the other. All the best to you and keep fighting.

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I think Karen has great advice. Even if the 2mg strips ARE working, it'll take a few days to really feel withdrawals on that dosage. If they AREN'T working, and haven't been for over 3 weeks, I'd say you're about to feel pretty very soon! Withdrawal symptoms off of a 2mg dosage, from what I've read anyway, last 3-4 weeks. You could experience some lingering tiredness and anxiety, but as far as the horrid pains, those should subside.

If they have been working, and you do experience terrible withdrawal symptoms after a few days, Karen has given you a great plan!

If your plan is to get off of them anyway, this is a great start. After a few days if they are unbearable, go back to taking half a strip (1mg) for 5-7 days, then .75, .5, .25, etc until you're off completely.

And hey, if you feel no worse than you do now in a few days, just kick 'em! Maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

I'm so sorry, your doctor seems like a pain in the ass. I'd be so pissed. Imodium does help, hot baths, walks, magnesium helps with RLS, melatonin for nighttime. Good lck, keep us posted!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:32 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks for all of your responses. I am going to try and power threw but the lack of energy kills me especially with kids and a house. Hopefully I can do it!

Does any one know if taurine works? I have read so much stuff on the Internet I don't know what to believe.

Thanks again and I will keep posting.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:39 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Also if anyone has any little things they used to help get threw that would be greatly appreciated. I would like to believe someone who has been threw this versus something else.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:12 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I've read that red bull helps the energy, and doesn't effect RLS. I've drank it and it does help with energy. B12 vitamins can do the same. Magnesium vitamins help RLS(restless leg syndrome).

I'm not sure if you have a regular doctor and insurance, but the muscle relaxant Flexeril has helped me tremendously with nighttime restlessness, which is what seems to cause so much lack of energy because you can't sleep. I have a 21 month old & it's not possible for me to lay around either, and it's hard!

Clonodine is prescribed off label for withdrawals as well. It's a blood pressure medication. It's supposed to really help the restlessness as well. Anything to help you sleep at night.