It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: Help!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:05 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey mama!

I hate to hear the flu but wiped you guys out, that seems to always happen with me too! If one of my little ones get it I do to, since they only want mommy when they are like that.

I hope your feeling better now!

I am feeling a lot better just still dealing with a little rls and irritability. I'm eating like there is no tomorrow. My head seems so clear though its an amazing bu kind of scary thing, like I actually feel again. Aunt Flo came to visit as well so that may play a part as well! Lol so my stomach is cramping and I feel icky from that.

Hopefully when my cycle is done I will really know what I'm still feeling and dealing with from the subs!

I can't believe I have made it this far though, I just hope I can keep it up!

Thanks so much for checking on me and the encouragement, it means so much!

Please let me know how you are doing and feeling.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yay Sara!

You have made to 1 week! Yaaahhh Hoooo for you!!! :D

Outstanding of you to hang in there and fight so hard! Well done and I'm very proud of you!!!

Those mood swings are to be expected. Your thinking and judgment have been a bit "clouded" by the drugs in the past. Now your thinking clearly and your emotions along with your senses are becoming more hightened. You see things more clearly, things smell better, and you also hear things you may have missed in the past. I bet music even sounds much different right now, and so much better as it does for most everyone at this stage. It just gets better and better each day forward.

Of course those that have never used drugs before have days that aren't golden. Everyone, addict or not experiences times/days where they just aren't at their best. It's called life, and sometimes it just sucks for us. Not everything is tied to addiction you have to remember. Bad days happen for everyone.

The difference now is that you are going right at the problem and issue instead of going around them like you would be doing if you were still using. When we are buzzed out on drugs not much seems to matter except how to get more drugs. We go around the issues at hand. Now your dealing with things with a fresh view and clear mind, and you solve the problem without having to have a drug to do it with. You are experiencing all kinds of changes now Sara, all for the better!

Keep fighting girl, you are so worth it!

You don't have to worry about me Sara,, but I really do appreciate you doing so. I'm a pretty tough chick! Actually never felt better than I do right now! Yes, I have picked out a few names for my little girl. My mom and a friend suggested I choose several names and once I have her in my arms for the first time I will know right then what the right name should be. Mom is always right you know! :D

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:57 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Your mom is exactly right! I did that withy son, I had two names picked out and was going with the one that was my favorite. Well that all changed the moment I saw him it just didn't fit anymore. They kept telling me at the hospital "you can't go home until you pick a name" lol you will know the minute you see her!

Your right about music too! Heck everything seems different now.

I'm glad your doing good, even though you say don't worry I still will! Hahaha

I will post tomorrow and hopefully things are still good...unless something happens tonight, hopefully not though!

Talk to you soon!
Sara

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:00 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Good afternoon!

I can't believe it has been a week! It seems like it was yesterday. I'm feeling good. And eating like a horse! I can't get full! Still a little low on energy but I can deal with it!

I hope everyone is doing good! Please let me know!

Thanks for all the encouragement and kind words it has helped threw this!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Sara......Guess who? :D

Yup, it's me again checking to make sure your still on track and adding up those days of freedom?

Should be day 9 if all is well? Woo Hoo!

How ya feeling today Sara? Noticing any improvement in symptoms?

Any special plans for the weekend? You deserve to do something special for yourself as a reward for how well you've done! When you meet or make a goal give yourself a little reward....

Doesn't have to be anything extravagent, just maybe purchase those pair of $500 shoes you have been wanting, maybe go to Hawaii or another favorite Island of yours on a cruise. Get that new car you've been dreaming of, or head to Vegas and play the $20 slots all night long.

You know, LITTLE things like that to reward your accomplishment!!! :lol:

Check in when you get a minute darling.

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:08 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi all!

Sorry I haven't been on in a few days things here are just wild! In a good way though!

I hope everyone is good. Thanks for checking on me Karen! It's day 11 and no subs or any narcotics! I have to say I'm doing it! Lol I'm clean really clean! I keep saying that when I get depressed, physically I'm good but am still on a roller coaster of emotions!

My energy is still a little low but I can do this!

I wish I could splurge a little but I don't have it financially plus I always feel guilty buying myself something instead of the kids!

Please let me know how you all are doing!

Xoxoxoxo
Sarah!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:36 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Just wanted to give a quick update: I'm feeling great physically but mentally I'm just blah...is this normal? My anxiety gets so high I don't want to do anything but pace the floor. I'm staying positive and I know this will pass too.

Just want to say thanks again for all of the support and advice!

Xoxo sarah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Completely normal! You're experiencing PAWS(Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome). Some experience it worse than others. Do what you can to stay busy. You may also benefit from taking magnesium at nighttime. It's known to help with anxiety. Glad to hear you're doing well!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:00 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks mama! I will try that! How are you doing? Good I hope!

Talk to you later!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:34 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

So it's been 16 days! I am doing it! Still not mentally the best but its ok! Everyday seems easier.

Hope everyone is doing good!

I will check back later!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Are you staying away from caffeine? During my PAWS, caffeine drove me absolutely batty with anxiety. Wd alone is hard enough on our nervous system, jacking ourselves up with caffeine just makes ya look like this guy..... :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:14 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I drink 20-30ozs a day. I used to drink way more but have started drinking more water.

Should I cut down even more?

Thanks for responding!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I cut caffeine out of my diet completely during my wd. I think I was a month or two into my wd, started drinking coffee again and it just hit me like a freight train. Anxiety through the roof. While on drugs, caffeine didn't have much of an effect on me. Once off all drugs, even OTC stuff seems to hit me pretty hard. Hmmm, maybe I'm a wuss now? :)

Anyway, to this day, I can not drink more than 3 cups of coffee a day. Sometimes that 3rd cup even gets to me. I think the coffee cups I use are 12oz if you wanted to try and compare your 20-30oz's.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:08 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Wow! I never thought of that. I will cut it out for awhile and see if that helps!

Thanks for the info...so much

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Has your anxiety improved at all?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:58 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey Romeo! Thanks for checking on me, the anxiety is a little better, I have cut way back on my caffeine intake and it helped a little.

It's like I have a nagging feeling all the time I can't shake.

I keep hoping it gets better some days are better then others!

Thanks again!