It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: Help!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:40 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thank you so much! I just found an old prescription for flexeril and of course started googling to see if it would work. I do feel if I could get some rest maybe I would feel better. Mine are 10mg is that sufficient to work?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yes that'll definitely work!! That's the highest MG they come in. Take it about 30 minutes before sleep, but no later than 8 hours before you wake. It never made me drowsy, but everyone's different. It DEFINITELY helped me sleep & I honestly felt very little to no restlessness when I took it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:25 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hello all!

I just wanted to say thank you again for all the responses and help. Today is day two with no suboxone, and I feel okay not great but okay. I wonder sometimes if I will ever be great again.

I took a flexeril last night and finally got an awesome nights sleep even with the tornados! I probably could have sleep longer but I don't think my sons bus would have waited that long!

I have read that days three and four are the worst so I'm trying to brace for that and stay positive?!?!?

If anyone has experience on what days are really the worst that would be great to hear. Although I do know everyone is different, just having insight helps.

I hate to say this because I would love to think no one else is going threw this or has gone threw this, but...just positive insight and this forum alone helps.

Thank you all again!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Everyone is different but if you want honesty, days 3-30 were the worst, IMO. I jumped from about 1.5mgs. It wasn't anything that I couldn't handle with the help of some comfort meds, but there wasn't a drastic decline after day 5.. it kept going. It's better to expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised. It shouldn't really compare to SOA withdrawals, though. You can still function, you're just uncomfortable. Again, everyone is different and we still don't know what was up with your meds, maybe you've already done some of the detox due to faulty meds.

Good luck and hang in there!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:32 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hello all!

So today is day three no suboxone, I feel more mentally a mess then anything else and what scares me is I have 4 2mg strips left. I almost feel like taking a small dose just to try and even out. Would that just mess me all up? I'm torn and my mind keeps saying try it it may help! But with the issues with the meds before I'm not sure that it will and I don't want to prolong this anymore!

Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey there,

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. This is what I was telling you the other day when I suggested going a few days off the sub and seeing how bad it would get symptom wise. You were concerned before that the 2mg strips weren't working as well as the 8mg ones. I guess you could take a small dose now and have your answer.

You said before that getting completely off the sub was your ultimate goal so you have a choice to make. You can continue going as you are and dealing with the symptoms the best way you know how. Or you can get back on the sub, hopefully at a lower dose than the 2mg you were previously on, and then begin tapering again later. The last 3 days has gotten some of the half life build up out of your system so there's not much sub left, if any, in your system right now. I'm thinking you may be able to get comfortable on a dose of 1mg or so.

If you do decide to take some sub right now you will know if those 2mg strips work after all. I say they will and it's totally up to you what you decide to do. If you want to find out about the strips I suggest taking a dose of only .25mg at first and give it 30-45 minutes to see if it helps. If not then try another .25mg dose after that time has passed. You would be at .50mg at this point.

Give it time to work ok.

If after taking the .50mg and you aren't feeling completely better and stable, I would try taking a full 1mg piece. If you do that and don't notice any difference then those subs just may be bad? I've never heard of it as I said before, but guess anything is possible.

If I were in your shoes right this minute I would want to know if the subs were good or not and try taking the .25mg piece as I suggested and go from there. You will know soon. It shouldn't take more than 1.5mg to get you feeling good I truly believe. Now that your in withdrawals it shouldn't take 2mg as you were on before to get you stable right now in my opinion.

Think it over and let us know what you decide. I will help you all that I can and should be around today. All the best to you as you make the decision, and I hope you get to feeling better real soon.

If you decide to not take any more subs then try to get some Clonidine to help with symptoms. It's a blood pressure med that is used off label for withdrawal symptoms. Lots of memebrs here have used it and report great results with it. But if it were me I would try taking that low dose of subs and finding out how good they really are. My opinion anyway.

Good luck and update as soon as you can please!

Karen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:39 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks so much for helping me threw this.

So I have never understood the half life, never really was good at math other then which diapers are cheaper and how much I will save at another store.

Ok let me see if I understand, today there is almost no suboxone in my system so does that mean the withdrawls are almost over or do they to on even without the drug in my system? If its all in my head I would rather fight threw that, I'm drained physically and for proof...my kids are devouring Halloween candy I'm not even stopping them! Lol

But I don't want to take it if its almost over, that's where I'm torn, yes I want to feel better but I don't want to prolong the wds. Do you think if I take a small dose and I helps that the wds from that will be as bad?

Thanks so much for your help, I finally don't feel alone and that helps in itself.

Thanks, Sara

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Sara,

Your NEVER alone here. People may not be responding because they just don't have any answers possibly. But I promise you plenty are reading along and hoping the best for you all the time! So your not alone, someone is always here for you.

I completely understand your thinking and it makes total and complete sense not to take any more sub if the withdrawals are almost over. Yeah, I get that. And that's a hard question to judge right now. Let me try and explain how the half life works and that may give you a better idea about things.

Subs have what is considered a very long "half life" which means the drug can remain in your system for a very long time. While another drug may be out of your system in a matter of hours, Suboxone/Subutex can remain in your system for days! Everyone is different, but the general half life of sub is between 24-72 hours approximately, with the mean or average being about 36-37 hours depending on the person.

You could take a one-time dose of sub, and it take days to completely be gone from your system. You keep taking more sub and it builds in the system so it's difficult to know exactly how much is still with you, and how much has dissapated or left. So it's very difficult to know exactly how much sub is still in your system right now.

Because of ths long half life it's probably safe to say you are going to have several more days of symptoms. Again it's extremely difficult to say just how long that may be.

You were concerned the other day whether the 2mg strips were "working" or not? So I suggested a small dose to maybe find out if that was true or not. If you can hang on and deal with these symptoms the best you can, and you WANT to be off the subs, then you might want to hang in there as best you can and see if you can make it or not. If that's the case then you probably shouldn't take any additional sub right now and see how it goes. I can't make that decision for you Sara. It has to be yours.

Maybe give it another day or to and see if you begin feeling better. Lots of hot baths/showers will certainly help. Try not to sit around and watch the clock too because minutes will seem like hours. And listening to your favorite will definitely help to pass the time. If you can get out and go for a walk is also great. Anything to stay busy. Don't watch the kids eat all that candy! LOL. :D Chase them around the house!

I wish I had more advice for you. If you want off the sub that bad then try and wait it out. If you just can't handle it and your doing nuts then maybe take a very small dose and see how it works. But you yourself have to decide. Good luck Sara. Sure hope you feel beter real soon. I know it sucks to be in that position and I feel so bad for you. Let us know what you decide ok.

Hugs,
Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Sara,

Just checking to see how your feeling? Did you decide to take any of the sub or is this your 4th day without it? Either way I'm here to support you and hope your feeling better today! Give us a shout when you get a free minute please. Would love to hear from you soon.

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:00 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi Karen!

I was going to post earlier but my kids have kept me going!

Today is day 4! I'm riding it out or trying to, I'm still achy but I'm doing it, I don't want to get over confident but I'm just hopeful.

How are you doing? I hope your hanging in there.

I can't say thank you enough for just being here/there!

I'm hoping that the last three weeks were my wd and I'm getting threw it, but I'm still expecting the worse.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Sara xoxo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah Sara! :D

4 days and moving forward! You deserve hearty congratulations and should be very proud of yourself! I know I'm so proud of you for fighting so hard as you go through this time.

Each day will get better and better. Lots of hot baths and/or showers will help a great deal. Make sure you stay well hydrated to help flush those toxins out.

Things that will help you....

The hot baths and showers as I mentioned...
Gatorade keeps you hydrated and helps with any RLS....
Vitamins B6, B12, and B Complex helps with energy issues....
L-Tyrosine also helps with energy, but can make some people jittery....
Melatonin and/or Sleepy Time Tea make help your sleep a little....
Bananas and Magnesium....help cramps and sore muscles....
Imodium for any bathroom issues....
All the exercise you can get.....chasing kids = EXCELLENT! :D
Listening to music helps pass time and soothes the mood....

Many have other suggestions too, but these are some that most use at times like this. Try to remain positive and fight any urge to use. And keep posting anytime you feel the need. It really does help to get on here and rant, ask questions, write things down, or just keep notes for future reading all are beneficial for you Sara.

I'm so proud of you as I said. Your not giving in and letting those drugs know who's boss! Well done girl, well done! :D

Lotsa Love,
Karen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:46 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Good morning!

Thought I would post before I get my day going. So it's day five haven't taken any suboxone. I'm feeling irritable, and yucky. Nothing I can't handle though. I keep telling myself I did this so I need to undo it.

I actually got some nice sleep last night without the help of any comfort meds, so I say that's a step.

Thank you to everyone's support. Especially you Karen. You have been so much help I can't express it.

Like I said before its so nice to know I'm not alone and to know someone cares gives me hope! Are you still on suboxone or have you used it in the past? Either way I would love to know!

I will check back later I enjoy reading all the posts!

Thanks so much!

Sarah!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:02 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good Morning Sarah!

I'd say the #1 complaint from nearly every person dealing with this is sleep problems, lack of sleep, or horribly disrupted sleep. The fact that you are getting sleep is a major step in the right direction! Lack of sleep can have such a negative impact on the following day. We need our sleep to energize our minds and bodies. I'm so happy you are at least getting some rest and good sleep!

I told you before, your NOT alone in this girl. There are lots more people paying attention to your story than you can possibly imagine. Some say silent prayers for you, some are thinking of you constantly, some just don't know what to say at times, but they are still with you, and some like me try to give you hope that everything WILL be ok in the end, while providing a few suggestions along the way. Yeah, your never gonna be alone here I promise you that much!

Day 5 = Woooo Hoooo! Yeah Sarah! :D That's a remarkable achievement and you should be extremely proud of that accomplishment. Keep right on pushing through ok. You have to be so close to getting past the most acute symptoms. Just treat any issues with some of the natural items I suggested, or whatever you feel works for you when you have flu-like symptoms, which are very similar to the ones you have now. Just remember to stay well hydrated with lots of fluids.

As for myself I am doing great! Was I on Suboxone? Oh yeah I was Sarah, for over 3 years! My thread is in this same section if you want to take a peek at it. It's rather long, but there are lots of great suggestions contained there, with so much support and information from everyone here that got me through. My thread is titled: "Trouble tapering from Suboxone. Request help please". I was on 24mg at first and I have been off it now for a little over 2 months. Had a few hiccups along the way, but overall a very positive experience for me. Also expecting my first child at the end of March! A little girl it's going to be! I'm so excited by the experience. I'm doing very well right now!

I suggest reading as many other threads and posts as you have time for. See how others deal with the same things you are. There are plenty of great stories here for you to look at. It will help I promise.

Take care now and have yourself a great day. Keep posting to keep us updated with your progress juts like you are. Don't stop posting and disappear on us ok. There's many of us that really do care!

Hugs,
Karen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:03 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Wow Karen! I just read all 15 pages of your post. I cried and I laughed and I cried again! I'm so sorry for the wedding being called off! And I was hoping the due date was still march 2, you could have waited till the 3rd and we could share birthdays!

I have to say congrats! I don't j is you personally but you are an inspiration. I know I can do this and you have no idea how your posts help.

I know you are and will be an amazing mother! You should be so proud of yourself. You are an amazing woman and inspiration to others including me, I only hope and pray I am half as strong as you are!

Keep me posted an stay strong!

Xoxo sara

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Sara,

Congrats on Day 4!!! That's so great! It's also great you're feeling pretty good. Sleep is a little iffy with these WDs, but it'll get better. Coming off of that small of a dosage it shouldn't be too much longer. Maybe a few more days. You're hangin' in wonderfully!

How'd your kids do with the time change? My son got some sort of flu over the weekend and has been throwing up the last 36 hours! Woke up at 6am. Agh. It's PJ day for mama & baby lol.

Keep us updated! :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:00 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey mama!

I hate to hear that about your little one its so upsetting when our baby gets sick.

Mine did okay with the time change, my five yr old loved it because he got an extra hour to play! They have always been good sleepers so it didn't mess them up one bit.

Thanks for checking on me, I'm hanging in there. Hoping the worst is over.

How are you feeling and doing? Hope to hear from you soon!

Sara

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:25 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Goingcrazy wrote:
Thanks for all of your responses. I am going to try and power threw but the lack of energy kills me especially with kids and a house. Hopefully I can do it!

Does any one know if taurine works? I have read so much stuff on the Internet I don't know what to believe.

Thanks again and I will keep posting.

If you're going to power thru it check out the 'Thomas recipe' I've used it many times without the Valium. I just use hylands restful legs (available at cvs/walgreens) I thought it was complete BS but it actually works. The vitamin recipe (all OTC except the benzos which isn't completely necessary) is suppose to help get things back to normal by giving your body the building blocks it needs to repair.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sara,

Checking to see how your feeling today? Hope everything is going well and you are beginning to get to the other side. Hop on when you get a chance and give us an update please.

Can't believe you read my entire thread! Wow, that's a lot of reading! I'm ok and doing what I need to get through it all. Things are going well at the time for me.

I also agree with Fiveseven about the Thomas Recipe MINUS the benzo's. I had a couple friends use it and it really helped them along. I would probably leave those benzo's out of it as FS suggested. That can present it's own problems that aren't needed right now.

Hope your ok girl!

Karen xoxo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:50 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey Karen,

I was just getting on to update and you beat me to it!

I'm feeling good. I got out walked today and cut the grass yesterday. I'm still hoping that the worst is over. I'm still having some rls so I will try the stuff fiveseasons and you recommended. I'm also having crazy mood swings and my patience seems to be running thin a lot quicker then usual.

I hope your ok I worry about you, I did read the whole post. It helps to read what other people have/are going threw, I don't feel so alone and that in itself helps tremendously.

How are you and the baby girl doing? Have you picked a name yet? Are you still taking subs to help with the cravings? I hope they have eased up, you have been threw so much and are doing so good.

You are truly an insperation for me. I hope I can be as strong as you are.

I know that there are going to be bad days, as I have read on here even non addicts have bad days.

Thanks for checking on me and please keep me posted on how you are doing!

Thanks again to you for all your info and for sharing your story I can't tell you how much it has helped.

And thanks five seasons as well!

Xoxo Sara!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Sara!

Sorry for my lack of replies, shortly after I posted the other day my husband and I got extremely sick. This is one crazy contagious flu bug! Apparently it's all over the state.

Your mood swings are to be expected. What are you feeling? Do you feel worse? Better? Are you still thinking that the 2mg strips were worthless? Regardless, 7 days down! You're doing great!!! I've read many threads, and many people come off of 2mg. They of course experience some uncomfortableness and a little more emotional WD than if you came off less, but they're able to do it. 7 days is 7 days in my book!

How's your sleep? And energy? I hope you and the kids are doing well! I agree about the Thomas Recipe, I've heard wonderful things.

Talk soon!
Xoxo