It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: HELP!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:03 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Dear Fellow Addicts/Survivors

I am a once-twice monthly heroin user and take about 5 mg of methadone a day in between...i know its not much but it still is TOO much because i just found out im PREGGO!

my dillema

i do not wanna stay on ANYTHING while pregnant. H is not a problem-what i am worried about is methadone...
should i use the 6 sub strips i have to taper off methadone?

not staying on such a small dose of methadone and figured a short term taper would help.

let me know some opinions please!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:24 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Depending where you are at mentally, and how much support you have, I would try to get off everything..How far along are you?
I would find a good doctor, willing to help you and I would plan it for the second trimester.
The dose of methadone is so low, but still very potent. Obviously stop the H immediately.
To go from methadone to suboxone, in particular while pregnant, this needs to be done under a physicians care. You could have SERIOUS WDS if you take the Sub too soon.
If you want to continue the pregnancy and have to stay on something while pregnant, I would get on the lowest dose possible of Subutex. If you are not familiar, it is the suboxone with naxolene.

Please let us know what you decide!

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:30 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

jmdear wrote:
Depending where you are at mentally, and how much support you have, I would try to get off everything..How far along are you?
I would find a good doctor, willing to help you and I would plan it for the second trimester.
The dose of methadone is so low, but still very potent. Obviously stop the H immediately.
To go from methadone to suboxone, in particular while pregnant, this needs to be done under a physicians care. You could have SERIOUS WDS if you take the Sub too soon.
If you want to continue the pregnancy and have to stay on something while pregnant, I would get on the lowest dose possible of Subutex. If you are not familiar, it is the suboxone with naxolene.

Please let us know what you decide!

I am going to see my doctor in 3 weeks ( they wanted to wait till its farther along)
im going to ask what to do-i am at 10mg a day and will probably go down to 5mg by next week..after that , im not sure what to do. i don't need to stay on something while im pregnant, so i just wanna get off it all in the right way without having a miscarriage.

anyone taper off subs or methadone during pregnancy and have a 1 year old or something that is like perfectly healthy???

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi there,

First off congrats on the little one. Is this your first child? I gave birth to my second son jan 17th :) almost 2 months!

Ok, so long story short....you definitely need to get to that dr appointment 3 weeks from now. Step 1. Please please please. Are you getting these suboxones by a dr or street? Why I ask, is because you need to take subutex now that you are pregnant. Thats the first and foremost step your dr will make immediately. As you probably already know, Subutex does not contain nalaxone vs. suboxone does contain it. Nalaxone is potentially harmful to an unborn fetus. Get stablized on subutex and then discus tapering very slowly off of that. However, you may want to consider the withdrawal process for after the baby is born. Unfortunately there is no good time to come off any doc. We always have an agenda or event that hold us back from just doing it. But, I have faith in you. You should as well (ESP for the little baby :D )

My dr. Told me that if you are to stops subs while pregnant, (which he didn't advise) it should be the 2nd semester. I found out I was pregnant when I was 3- 3.5 months. I told the doctor I wanted off completely before birth. Weaned, tapered, but never could make it successfully to 1mg. Regardless, you want to take as little as possible, ESP by birth time. Makes a huge difference. I ended up having to give birth while I was still subutex. My withdrawals weren't healthy for the baby and I due to lack of appetite and not sleeping. Not to mention, I was already sick as hell from the pregnancy (GD I think they call it?)

Everything ended up wonderful. Perfect. A 7.5lb baby boy. All 5 fingers and toes :D the whole kit and caboodle. I was down to .5mg for the most of my pregnancy and at time of birth. The doctors and nurses all treated me and my baby kindly, no different from jack and Jill in the next room. My baby did not withdrawal. He came home with us 4.5 days later (hospital policy required a minimum of a 5 day stay for post birth observation.) they actually felt bad to have to keep us a day extra because he was perfect. So they let us home a tad early.

Get off that H, girly. Lets get you to the doctor and get you fixed up, ok? :D Actually, let's get you ready to have A BABY!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject: Thank you.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:26 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Jennicole525 wrote:
Hi there,

First off congrats on the little one. Is this your first child? I gave birth to my second son jan 17th :) almost 2 months!

Ok, so long story short....you definitely need to get to that dr appointment 3 weeks from now. Step 1. Please please please. Are you getting these suboxones by a dr or street? Why I ask, is because you need to take subutex now that you are pregnant. Thats the first and foremost step your dr will make immediately. As you probably already know, Subutex does not contain nalaxone vs. suboxone does contain it. Nalaxone is potentially harmful to an unborn fetus. Get stablized on subutex and then discus tapering very slowly off of that. However, you may want to consider the withdrawal process for after the baby is born. Unfortunately there is no good time to come off any doc. We always have an agenda or event that hold us back from just doing it. But, I have faith in you. You should as well (ESP for the little baby :D )

My dr. Told me that if you are to stops subs while pregnant, (which he didn't advise) it should be the 2nd semester. I found out I was pregnant when I was 3- 3.5 months. I told the doctor I wanted off completely before birth. Weaned, tapered, but never could make it successfully to 1mg. Regardless, you want to take as little as possible, ESP by birth time. Makes a huge difference. I ended up having to give birth while I was still subutex. My withdrawals weren't healthy for the baby and I due to lack of appetite and not sleeping. Not to mention, I was already sick as hell from the pregnancy (GD I think they call it?)

Everything ended up wonderful. Perfect. A 7.5lb baby boy. All 5 fingers and toes :D the whole kit and caboodle. I was down to .5mg for the most of my pregnancy and at time of birth. The doctors and nurses all treated me and my baby kindly, no different from jack and Jill in the next room. My baby did not withdrawal. He came home with us 4.5 days later (hospital policy required a minimum of a 5 day stay for post birth observation.) they actually felt bad to have to keep us a day extra because he was perfect. So they let us home a tad early.

Get off that H, girly. Lets get you to the doctor and get you fixed up, ok? :D Actually, let's get you ready to have A BABY!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks-theres only subutex as of today. I started today ( got some from a source) and have enough to last till my second trimester. I am going to talk to my doc about it regardless. I have a midwife though, that I am mainly using, so I have to make a doctors appt and it will be probably next week / ASAP to get a second opinion.

Everything I have read says at low doses starting out, like me on 2mg per day, is easier to taper off completely in the second trimester. I am not uncomfortable at all. I am taking it slow and will not suffer nor let my baby suffer because I feel guilty.

Its hard but I think im doing the right thing by staying on it till the second trimester.

Anyone who wants to ttell their experience with getting off in the second trimester, please do!
xo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey there,

How's everything going? You hanging in there? Update please :) hope all is well my dear! You are in my thoughts....