It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: help
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:51 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I am about to start taking suboxone to detox off herion. I have weened myself dow to about half a gram for the last few days and I am ready to start the suboxone tonight when I go into withdrawals. I am a little nervous because I had a really bad experience with suboxone a few years ago but what I did wrong then was I didn't wait until I was sick to take it and I just swollowed it. Now I have read up a lot on it and how it should be taken but I am wondering how many milligrams I should buy to just detox off. For now I have 10 2 mg pills to start and I am going to start with one and wait an hour and take another if I need it. I would appreciate any suggestions or tips. I was taking methadone for the past year and a half but I haven't taken any in 4 weeks now and I do not want to get back on that. Thanks for listening!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:38 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

hey welcome not one to answer many questions but your seems like i could give advice

it sounds like you have a good amount to start with maybe even half the 2 and wait an hour then if no relief do other half and so on till you are comfortable. remember it takes a bit to start working

i hope u get more educated info from some of the other members

wishing u the best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The only advice I can give you is to listen to your body and not your mind. Your body will know if you feel better, but your addict mind mind will try to convince you to take more. Remember what I am giving is advise, for you to take or leave. I am also an addict and am about to hit my 1 year mark. My mind is my worst enemy. Even a year later and really wanting to get clean I have days where I feel fine, but my addict mind wants to take just 1 or 2 milligrams more, because that's what we do as addicts. More is always better.LOL I wish you the best of luck. In one of Dr's posts I read that if you feel like you need more, divert your attention, or meditate, the feeling usually goes away, and I have found that it is true for me. Again I wish you the best of luck, and remember I am an addict, not a doctor :!:

Sorry my thoughts jump around, my mind is a really scary place sometimes.