It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Help
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been on subutex for 2 years. Started at 32 mgs and have been on 8mgs for about a year. I am sick of doing it and decided to jump off. Went to a detox for 4 days and they let me out to only find out that the w/ds were just begging. It's now day 15 since I stopped and am living a hellish nightmare. I have literally been awake for 6 straight days aside from only a few hours of sleep. Feel extremely ill, depressed as hell, irritable and just an overall feeling of feeling like death. In addition to wls, it also effects my arm. The sleep deprevation is starting to make me see things. The doc's did give me restoril 30mgs for sleep that did nothing for me. The hospital failed to give me anything like clonidine. and I really don't have a doc to trn too. I don't trust them anyways. Can anyone please share your thoughts about when this might come to an end and how to deal with until that time. I would value you input.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Tuna- I'm around day 40 after jumping and can tell you that it could go on for a while. However, it is different for everyone as you will find if you dig through the archives of this forum. I had a ten year addiction and it hit me pretty hard coming off sub. I am older, almost 60 so maybe that's why I struggled so long. I can tell you that reading and posting on here helped me immensely as I rode through it. There are a lot of smart folks that will be along to give advice. Keep your chin up as it gets better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for your input. I'm 53. The thought of 40 days makes me shiver.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tuna- The worst should be over in a few days. Then you will have okay days and not so okay intermittently. At least thats how it was for me. I followed the Thomas recipe without the Valium and still use most of the supplements. You can google it if you have not already seen it. The L-Tyrosine really helped a lot. You can plow through this, just remember it does get easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey tuna,

I jumped from around 5mg and I remember my symptoms peaking around day 10. Gosh dude, if you could just get your hands on some Clonidine, it helps! It doesn't eliminate all of your symptoms, but it sure helps.

Phew, my heart goes out to you man. Actually, I didn't get my Clonidine until day 30. Your on day 17 today (Sunday), you should be noticing some improvement, although it may be slight. Somewhere around the 2 week mark is when I finally started getting some sleep. I would be able to fall asleep around 5am and sleep until 7:30am or so....before that I was only catching 20 minutes or so in a 24 hour period.

Look man, I was 43 when I went through it, it's not 53, but I was no spring chicken either. It sucks hard, no doubt about it, you just gotta hang on tight. It will eventually get better, I know that sounds impossible right now, but you will get better. I'm two weeks away from 1 year off of Suboxone, I know what I'm talking about man.

Hang on!!! You will get better, it just takes a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo is right, the longer you wait the better it will get. You may not even notice that it's getting better, but it will get better, incrementally......then, one day, you'll realize you haven't thought about it in a few days.

Hang in there and keep posting here and talk to your therapist if you have one

Post subject: walking zombie
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:22 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for everyone input. It is now day 15 or so and the biggest problem is sleep I get no more than 1-2 hrs of sleep a day .I am a walking zombie during the day and the level of depression is going up quickly. The doc gave me 50 mgs of serequel which did not work so I stopped them. I've read than my normal sleep pattern may take months to return. I am at my wits end. It's pure torture. Can anyone tell me something positive. PLEASE.

Post subject: johnboy
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hellow tuna.i'm johnboy.ya i'm 52 years of age.i no the pain is very hard on you,
and i'm praying for your pain to subsidei'm still on 16 mgs for 14 months.
and very soon i got to do this too. if it gets worse,then get some help.
you will get threw this. every body says take a hot shower,or even worm at that.
walk around alot,it helps some. keep posting.

Post subject: yes you will win!
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

jumping off at 8 mgr,is a high dose to jump from . i'll probably jump there too.
i know you want to here something positive,and the positive thing is that your going
to do this with a big jump off subs. positively talk with your higher power,
he will ride with you in this recovery. keep posting and the members and "moderators" power posters
will continue to help you. romeo said clonidine may help with sleep. keep posting,and we are with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tuna,

Like I mentioned, I was only getting 2 hours of sleep per night as well. For me, this went on until day 30, on day 30 I got some Clonidine and almost instantly went to close to 4 hours sleep per night.

To the best of my knowledge, your Sympathetic Nervous System is currently going haywire. Clonidine calms the Sympathetic Nervous System response, not only will your sleep improve, but several other symptoms you're surely fighting will improve too. The Clonidine ain't gonna fix everything, but it'll give you some much needed relief.

Dude, figure out a way to get some Clonidine or you are more than likely to have many more shitty sleepless nights ahead of you.

BTW, you WILL get past this and once you do you will realize how ridiculously strong and resilient the human mind and body are.

Post subject: romeo
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:27 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I failed to mention that I have clonidine patches that I have been wearing since the beginning. I guess I am just going to have to tough this thing out. Thanks for everyones help and advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Tuna, i hear ya! Day 14 here. The low physical energy is having a psychological effect too. I feel depressed at times, which is foreign to me, seems like the last thing i need, i have to remind myself of the best is yet to come.I am not followed by any doctor, wish i had some support, plain information of what the hell is going on with me.This forum has helped me a lot, mostly to know i am not alone.
I recently started taking some ginseng, guarana, roseroot combo( other places they call it russian root, its the same plant just from different countries, at least i think), added some b12,( double doses of recommended, but hey, i figured this arent not normal circunstances) a mix of b's multi vitamins minerals( which supposely all help mental state), i did notice a major improvement. I do crash, but i feel ok a few hrs a day.It seems to help my intensive migraines too.I drink tons of water, which i didnt until recently. A few hrs is better then nothing :)
I know all this might sound cheesy, maybe not the answer your looking for, but if you can get someone to drive you to health food store, get the brain food above mention, i know others have posted other supplements, that has helped them, it just i couldnt find them in this city. Our brains is working overtime and need all the help we can give to repair, heal itself.
Hang in there, your not alone :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Tuna,

I'm sorry your Clonidine isn't working for you, that bites!!

Listen, I remember being where you are and thinking WTF have I done to myself. I remember how shitty it felt. But know this, it will get better!! I know when people told me "it would get better", I had a hell of a time believing them, but enough of me believed I was going to get better and I kept on hanging on. Everyday, I just kept on showing up.

What you're going through is hard as hell, but you're gonna feel better man, I promise!!

I would love to be able to recommend some kind of vitamin or supplement, but none of the one's I took ever helped me at all. I tried Sleepy Time Tea, Valerian Root and one other product that I can't remember at the moment.

I'm not saying to not try some kind of supplement, but the ones I just listed did nothing for me.

I remember you mentioning you had some Seroquel. From what I understand, Seroquel is usually pretty good at helping with the insomnia.....I am completely unfamiliar with the dosing requirements though. Maybe someone who takes or has taken Seroquel will pop in and let us know what dose they took.

Hang in there Tuna!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:27 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Seroquel, from what i remember from many yrs back, is a mild anti-depressant. Its to ease your mind so one can go to sleep, not a sleeping aid in itself. It might help for your depression, might be a good idea to continue taking them, at least for now.
hope your getting some sleep...