It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:50 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am going to lose my mind. I have been taking Subutex for 10 years. Yes it's a long time but it really helps my chronic pain and keeps me away from other substances.
Other than the minor car trouble or money issue, I have been a stellar patient and my Dr and I seemed to have a good relationship. I went without my meds for almost a week last year when he was in the hospital. Stuff happens I get it
Fast forward to a few weeks ago. I came to North Dakota to visit my fiance. I had already mentioned it to the Dr at our last appointment that I was going. Why I didnt ask for longer than a 3 month supply I will never know. Well I am stranded up here (don't have enough for a way home just yet) and that is my fault, but this past week I had tried so hard to get in touch with him and either his staff wouldn't allow me to speak to him, or his exchange said he told me to go to the ER!? That is odd because I had already been to the ER and they referred me back to him which I told the office many times. What in the world is happening here? I have tried all avenues to find a Sub Dr here with no luck. Even a Dr who will write it off label for pain has been impossible to find. He just hasn't ever been the type of Dr to ignore a patient like this, especially when he knows I haven't had my Subutex in almost 6 days. I am assuming I have been dropped as a patient because nothing else makes sense to me. I don't know what to do. This is my life! How can he just drop me because I got stuck in another state? And does anyone know of Drs up here? Any help is appreciated
Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:26 am 

Hey alynn,

Well I know u must be panicked and feeling awful right about now and I feel for u because I'd be flipping out. But also I have to admit that I'm a huge worrier and I'd never made the journey far away cause of being to scared to. My dr refuses to go past a month on appointments. As a matter of fact, recently, I only got some of my medicine called in because I had went a few days past making my monthly appointment! Wow that really upset me big time after being a loyal trustworthy patient for 4 yrs! So, I had to understand that those were the rules and if I didn't follow them I would'nt get my medicine, it is what it is I guess. Maybe that is what's going on with u. Even though u told the dr, he obviously didn't listen or understand. Maybe the office isn't giving him ur message and telling u what to do without talking to the dr. Whatever it is, ur not getting ur meds which is very important and upsetting!

I would definitely want to know for sure if they'd dropped me as a patient, and try to get bk as soon as possible if I were. If not, then ur only other choice really is to find another dr where ur at.....whatever u do I really hope it works out because I know how awful u must feel!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:55 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you
No luck yet finding a Dr. It's been 5 days and boy is the withdrawal kicking in today. I have been calling any and everyone I can find so hopefully I will get lucky

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:58 am 

If ur trying to find a new dr then keep trying and even go ahead and get on waiting lists, u never know when they'll have an opening. I've saw ppl at my clinic drop like flies, and the ppl that were told it would be July suddenly got a phone call. So do everything in ur power, it'll be worth it in the long run.