It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have a huge dilemma! I just stated my suboxonetreatment 47 days ago and it's been wonderful and life changing. Two months ago in the thick of my horrible active addiction,I was so hopeless that I could ever stop using and thought I was doomed to the prison of pills, heroin, needles and dope sickness. After weeks of searching I found a doctor three hours from home taking new patients and began my journey to getting clean. Since induction, I've not touched drugs.today, when I went to the doctor,I found out that he had walked out of the clinic last week, abandoning all of his patients. I have no re fills and no doctor and I'm soooooo scared. Any advice would be appreciated please!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:56 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

If you're not comfortable posting the info here on the open forum, you can send me a private message with the state/part of state you are in and might have some contacts there. Short of that, two words, PATIENT ABANDONMENT! That is, if no one remaining within the practice are certified and able to take on your case. I don't know if any Buprenorphine patients have filed complaints with the medical boards regarding patient abandonment when Dr's leave them out to dry, likely because without buprenorphine the last thing on patients minds are Dr ethics and who to contact to make unscrupulous behavior known. I hope to see a time when Dr's are sanctioned at the same rate as OBGYN's or any other specialty who disappear without a forewarning at vital times, providing no referral services and no medication for the time it will clearly take to find or get in to see a new prescriber. If it were me, I would contact your states medical board and file a patient abandonment charge. Best of luck, hope all works out!

Travis

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:57 pm 

Do you have any way of finding sub on the street? I know it's not optimal since you changed your lifestyle to get away from the streets, but it's just a matter of being practical until you get in with another doctor. How much is your dose? If you can find some sub while you're looking for a new doctor, you should probably try decreasing your dose fairly quickly. When you get with a new provider you can get back to your regular dose.

Your goal right now needs to be finding some sub and not relapsing until you can get in to see a new doctor. I wish you the best. I'm sure it's a scary time right now. :(

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks so much for your reply, I had the same idea you , if I couldn't find a Dr. well, luckily today I found one taking patients, so that was a bit of good luck. I filled out my paper work and gave a urine. When the doctor came in she said my urine was negative for bupe. What? I said. I told her that was impossible since I take my medication faithfully. She didn't believe me and said her tests were very accurate and refused to re test, even at my expense. She accused me of selling my medication or sharing, and when I told her that I hadn't done that, she kept asking"are you sure?" She told me flat out that she didn't believe me.then she told me that my dose was to high, and that if she write mea script, it would only be for half of the 24mgs that I'm currently prescribed. Even though I've been on suboxone since October, and doing well, she says I now have to come for med counts frequently, andthat one more "bad" urine screen would mean dismissal from her program. I'm so discouraged. I don't understand how that could happen. I haven't relapsed and I take my sub as directed. I'm not sure what I can do to show this woman that I'm being truthful.