It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:30 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So I'm new here but I'm sure someone has been there, done that....

So I just stared subs in december.... since the doc was out of town and what not he gave me a month script with 3 refills on it and told me to come back in a month. Which is all fine, I ended up having cravings and some days I took an extra strip and I was honest with him a he decided to bump me up to 3 8mg strips a day for now.

Problem is, I slipped up and did coke a few days before my appointment - now this is not my DOC and I do not do it often at all, maybe once or twice a year, if that. But I was t honest with him because I though it would be out of my system. I checked my results today because I can look them up online and I totally failed...

My contract I signed states that I can be kicked out of the program if I have three abnormal drug screens in a 6 months period.... does that mean abnormal as in sub levels or as in failing for other drugs? I was so stupid! I don't want to be kicked out and now I'm so scared. I don't go back until the 20th. What do you guys think? Should I bring it up right away or wait to see what he says? Should I call the office now since I know the results? So far he seems very nice and understanding but I'm so scared of being kicked out.... I need this for Me... my famiy... my kiddos....

Any advice from someone who's been in this situation??? Anything would be helpful..... thank you in advance so much!!!

-LPP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:41 pm 

Hello Love,Peace and GO PENS!,

Welcome if you havnt been already..

You know what your contract states. You seem to have a very easy dr. 3 refills already? That does not mean he won't lower the boom on you for not being truthful. Its early recovery right now for you and misteps will be made. However, you can come clean with him next appointment. Thats when to do imo.
To me it does not matter that Coke isnt your drug of choise. Useing is useing in this treatment. Clean UAs are a must .I tell others all the time that the number one thing you have to do is to protect Your Script! Losing that will take a person back into active addiction.
All Drs are not the same in this field. Some are stricked, some more understanding. From what ive read your dr may be the later.It is hard to know exactly what levels he is testing for. Some do look for Buprenorphine levels. Best advice, take as directed, and dont use other substances.

Are you doing any other recovery? At all? Do you have accountability to anyone outside your drs office? Meetings or therapy /counseling maybe?. It is aloug road, hopefully you ll find locsl help. So so glad you found Us! This is the best, greatest forum/blog on Buprenorphine recovery in the world.

Never give up Love, just like our Pens....

Hang in there...

Razor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:43 pm 

Hey Love,

If I'd failed a drug test, I'd be worrying my butt off til I called to see if I was in trouble or not lol but that's just how I am. My Dr is one of the strict one's that razor was talking about. I know at my clinic, if someone fails a drug screen, u don't get ur medicine filled before talking to the nurse or Dr. Since u have refills (which is awesome btw) u wouldn't have that to worry about. If ur really worried, just call or stop by and talk with them. If ur ok and not freaked out, then just wait til ur next appt. Since u have a three strikes rule, I think ur ok. If u were in too much trouble, they'd have contacted u by now. Maybe this is a good thing and it'll keep ya from messing up again. U definitely don't want to get kicked out. Ppl make mistakes and just make sure not to do it again.

I'm a big worry butt, I'm afraid to take anything that would even show up as a false positive lol the worry is just too much for me. Maybe that will help you stay on the right path.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I actually called today because they try to make my PCP and my sub doc appointments back to back on the same day - (luckily my sub doc and PCP are in the same office and work together!) anyways - they cancelled the one so they pushed my appointments to monday the 25th.

So I brought up to the nurse I talked to about failing my test and about how I have slipped up - (I used again monday, stupid I know, my friend thought she was going to surprise me with some) It wasn't a good surprise but my willpower gave in) I explained to her about the program and how I can't be around it anymore. So hopefully that's over. The nurse said not to worry, that he would not kick me out of the program over that since I'm just starting. Relief.....

I've called the place where I used to go to an addiction therapy one on one - (I do better one on one instead of group sometimes) I'm waiting for them to return my call so I can do an intake appointment. The NA/AA groups around here aren't the greatest.... I've been to many during my earlier recovery years.

LPP

LPP