It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:59 pm



All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Our Sponsors





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:50 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:43 pm
Posts: 66
Location: Detroit, Michigan
There is no cure for cancer according to who? The pharmisutical companies? I'm sorry to inform you but they are after money, not patient care. They need people to continue to buy their cancer treatment drugs. Sad but true. There have been many many studies indicating that THC slows or stops cancer cell growth. Don't just assume, educate yourself. There are thousands of plant species with the potential to cure cancer, do you thik we as humans know everything? Not by far, there is no cure for cancer YET. Not thats been made public anyway. But now that we are actually allowed to do studies on marijuana, we are finding out just how much this little plant can benefit the human body and mind. And alot of the old nonsense that was made up to start fear campaigns againist weed, are being put to rest. I mean, even I hated weed and people that smoke it, you simply cannot ignore this stuff guys. Thanks :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:31 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:52 pm
Posts: 70
I am educated you dip#@$%! I have a masters degree in psychology with additional training in addiction. Your conspiracy theory concerning the pharmaceutical co. is an old one. Be very careful with the info. your throwing around here. My sister is in remission from breast cancer and my girlfriend is going in for a biopsy next week. Show me your SCIENTIFIC ARTICLES regarding these cures you speak of.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:21 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:43 pm
Posts: 66
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Ah, so thats why you're so touchy about this. But by calling me childish names and getting so aggrivated that you feel you must do so to get your point across, warrents me not responding. Thanks Guys! :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:38 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:52 pm
Posts: 70
Yes, marijuana can help with cancer, even improve peoples health while taking it. I am not in the lest bit touchy because of people I know having cancer. My sister smokes pot, I used to smoke all the time. You, or anyone else using pot to help them is fine by me. But, there is a big difference between helping, shrinking of a tumor, and a cure. Even tough you say you are not looking for approval, it sure seems like it. Almost every thread you respond to goes back to pot. Like I said, go for it, burn one, but just start a thread ( like I think you did already) regarding pot and try to keep it in one spot. I do apologize for the name calling.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:19 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:08 am
Posts: 1503
This is great!

Cutty, you're right. Heroin was legal. But a sh*tload of people were getting addicted to it. It was almost like the valium of the era. Housewives alone at home would go to the pharmacy and get a bottle of heroin and drink it to quell the loneliness, and it wasn't long before they'd have raging habits. Making it illegal has just shifted the demographic a bit. Though there's still housewives chopping in no doubt.

Heroin is a very addictive drug, and if it were to become legal it would need to be so tightly regulated, and only prescribed to people already addicted to the point where no other options, and even then they should be encouraged. I think heroin should be legalised as such, kinda like they do in Switzerland, simply because it would separate the drug from the culture. Once the sickest heroin addicts get out of the culture and the crime and the jails, they'll see heroin for what it is. Just a burden.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:22 pm 
Offline
Average Poster
Average Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:32 am
Posts: 29
a drug is a drug is a drug i agree for the most part thats interilly true. the point of getting on suboxone, is to CHANGE all aspects of your life. drinking is just as addicting. i'm so glad my suboxone program requires you to start with intensive outpatient, and i had 4 thearpy classes a week, so they educated me about all drugs, (note this class, is 50% addicts, 50% alcoholic). The point of it, so we can learn about our addiction, and that if we drink alcohol we wil become just as addicted. in time. I have met many people that thought they could drink, and they wound up screwing up the whole program. Got kicked out cause of random UA's. Or left because they thought their were "cured" once an addict always an addict. At first i did not like my program because i thought i could drink , or do coke once a week. and smoke pot. And having 2 ua's a week. but i quit coke, and only drank once, quit smoking pot. 2.5 months ago. Finally got honest with myself. So yea alchoal on suboxone is dumb, and they will teach that it is FUCKING DANGEROUS.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:35 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:08 am
Posts: 1503
Spike, I hear what you're saying. I've been in a lot of groups where such things were taught. I've been in rehabs where people who thought they could drink because they were heroin addicts only were basically picked on in group therapy until they either cried or packed their bags and left.

The big issue I have with such a treatment philosophy is that it doesn't acknowledge that people are inherently different. Yes, there are people who will become cross addicted with alcohol. But there are others who won't. This is a fact, as I have seen it many times.

What irks me about the whole "total abstinence" philosophy is it's a one size fits all approach to life. Nowhere else in the world will you see a blatant disregard for the uniqueness of each person. It applies rigid, constraining standards to everyone, and believes that those who do not fit the mould are destined to relapse and die.

I guarantee you that a person who's been indoctrinated into the 12-step school of thought ...will... become cross addicted to alcohol if they began to experiment, simply because they've had it drummed into their head so hard that it is a guaranteed certainty. Kind of like the tribal chief who points a chicken bone at one of his tribe, and is convinced that their death is imminent, just because he's had that belief imposed on him.

I should know. I lived, breathed, and preached such things to people for 3 or 4 years.

As for the whole "if you have a lapse, you've gotta hit your rock bottom before you find your way out" philosophy. Don't even get me started. 12 steps have blood on their hands there if you ask me (just quietly loudly).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:10 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:43 pm
Posts: 66
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Great point TearJearker. I agree. It's pretty interesting though, how it used to be legal before they discovered how bad the

addiction to is was. I was at Greenfield Village(Henry Ford Museum) great place by the way, and they had these old bottles

of the medicine with heroin or morphine as the main ingrediant. Pretty neat :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:45 am 
stp747 wrote:
I am educated you dip#@$%! I have a masters degree in psychology with additional training in addiction. Your conspiracy theory concerning the pharmaceutical co. is an old one. Be very careful with the info. your throwing around here. My sister is in remission from breast cancer and my girlfriend is going in for a biopsy next week. Show me your SCIENTIFIC ARTICLES regarding these cures you speak of.



WOW, good to know masters level with addiction training


Top
  
 
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:43 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:08 am
Posts: 1503
chinagirl wrote:
A drug is a drug is a drug. Alcohol, opiates, meth, methadone, Sub, pot, crack, cocaine, LSD.....etc.


I still chuckle a bit when I remember all the guys share this in the NA/AA meetings with a coffee in their hands, then disappear out the side door to suck down a cigarette! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:45 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:08 am
Posts: 1503
Fairrobin wrote:
stp747 wrote:
I am educated you dip#@$%! I have a masters degree in psychology with additional training in addiction. Your conspiracy theory concerning the pharmaceutical co. is an old one. Be very careful with the info. your throwing around here. My sister is in remission from breast cancer and my girlfriend is going in for a biopsy next week. Show me your SCIENTIFIC ARTICLES regarding these cures you speak of.



WOW, good to know masters level with addiction training


A person with a master's degree usually knows where to put their apostrophes. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:51 pm 
tearj3rker wrote:
Fairrobin wrote:
stp747 wrote:
I am educated you dip#@$%! I have a masters degree in psychology with additional training in addiction. Your conspiracy theory concerning the pharmaceutical co. is an old one. Be very careful with the info. your throwing around here. My sister is in remission from breast cancer and my girlfriend is going in for a biopsy next week. Show me your SCIENTIFIC ARTICLES regarding these cures you speak of.



WOW, good to know masters level with addiction training


A person with a master's degree usually knows where to put their apostrophes. :lol:




HAHAHAHAHAHAH LMFAO!!!!


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Our Sponsors
Suboxone Forum latest topics RSS feed Subscribe to the entire forum
 

 

 
Fond Du Lac Psychiatry
Dr. Jeffrey Junig, M.D., Ph.D.

  • Board Certified Psychiatrist
  • Asst Clinical Professor, Medical College of Wisconsin

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group