It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:52 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello! I am new to this site so bare with me lol! So I have been addicted to opiates for a cpl years now & I have been interested in the suboxone program , well I called a dr to set up an appointment & she said I needed a Referal from my regular dr. I think because I am on Medicaid is why, but I am not sure as to how to do all of this. Do I go to my dr & ask him to refer me just straight out like that? My dr has no idea about my addiction so I don't really know how to approach this. I don't know what to do or say! Anything helps ! Thank you in advance!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:01 pm 

Hey Reuters welcome to the forum!!!

I'm not familiar with insurance referrals or anything like that because I pay cash, so I can't help u but I definitely wanted to welcome u to the forum and give u my opinion :)

If the suboxone doctor wants a referral from ur primary Dr, then that's exactly what I'd do. I know it isn't what u wanna do and u don't want ur Dr to know, but in the long run it'll be worth it. Getting suboxone treatment is by far the best decision I have ever made for myself. And u never know, ur primary Dr may already possibly have a hint that ur an addict anyway. It's respectable for ppl to see that ur trying to do something about ur addiction. Try not to look at it as shameful or be embarrassed, ppl may receive that information better than u think.

Someone with better understanding of how insurance works will be along soon I'm sure, I just wanted to welcome u to the forum and wish u lot's of luck!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:24 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Well thank you very much!!! My dr apt is tomorrow and I am super nervous lol! I appriciate the help a lot!!! I no a cpl ppl who has said suboxone really saved there life so I am anxious to get the help I need!!! Thanks again!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:44 pm 

Hi Reuter93, and welcome to the forum. You are going to have to do what most all of us had to do and that is get on the phone can call to find a Suboxone doctor in your area. Use all the available search functions we have here and ask if there are any openings. If so, ask if they will accept Medicaid as payment. If not, see if you can apply for the one spot each doctor has for those who can't afford to pay and get a year free service. This last one is a long shot but worth asking. Hopefully you won't need to do this if your doctor has a referral opening for you.

FYI, I deleted your other post that was a duplicate of this one. You only need one post to get your message on here.

Good luck!

rule

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:36 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Ok, well thanks. Like I said I am new to this whole thing so I thought maybe I posted in the wrong spot? Sorry for that!