It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ive been taking Suboxone for the last couple years. Recently I was abrubtly switched to strips. Now I have a white pill marked 54 411? It says its buprenorphine hydrochloride which I believe is the same ingrediant of the orange pill and strips? Am I correct?? Will I notice a difference from what Im used too? Do u let it dissolve under your tongue like the others? Any advice would be apperricated. I would love to not have to reley on anything, but if I want to be productive I dont have that choice. BTW Im a newbie and am stoked to find a forum that can help...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

After reading through the forum I guess they are subutex? Are these harder to get off of then suboxone? Should I dose the same as suboxone or strips. Is it harmful to switch?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would also guess that you have subutex. Subutex just doesn't have the naloxone that is in suboxone. Otherwise they are the same (as the strips, too). They shouldn't be any harder to taper off and I would think you could take them interchangeably. But I'm no doctor so don't quote me on that. Did your doctor just change you to subutex without telling you? The brand name (instead of the generic) of subutex is said to be much more expensive than suboxone. Oh - and welcome to the forum.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Regarding 54 411
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:08 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

hog49,
My Sub doc switched me to subutex recently because Im pregnant. What you have is DEF. generic subutex. When I got my sub script filled I chose to try the generic because it's alot less expensive than brand subutex and suboxone. I had a bad experience with the generic. Just curious, how long have you been taking it now and what has your experience been like? Do you feel any different than when you were taking the suboxone tabs/strips? Im sure Im just one of the few unlucky ones whom didn't agree w/the medication. I would just like to how you're doing on the generic, as I hope to give it another chance sometime in the future. Also, as hatmaker asked, were you aware Ur doc was switching you to subutex? If not, you may wanna ask Ur doc about it...could've just been a pharmacy mix up.