It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:33 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I have a bad back, just got a new MRI and scheduled to go to a Ortho Surgeon in a couple of weeks. I am on 2mg of suboxone. Been on 2mg for about a month now. It would hold me for half a day, but I was hoping to get off of it in a few months. Yesterday, I picked up my dog right before he ran out the front door, and I am in excruting pain. Level 10 if I move at all or even move my legs. It has been 26 hours since my last dose of suboxone. I have some methadone, but I am afraid to take some. I do not have a sub doc anymore due to being on disability and lack of funds, yet have enough to wean off in the next 2-3 months.

Can I take the methadone today, like 30mg or 20mg and maybe tomorrow and get back on the sub as long as I wait for wd symptoms?

I do not know what to do!

If I take more than the 2mg sub today and tomorrow if I am still in pain, will I go into withdrawal if I go back down in a matter of days to 2mg?

I have to take something and soon. Please share your knowledge with me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I also have a bad back and had 2 surgeries that were a waste.

Now my drug of choice for back pain is 800mg motrin every 8 hrs for three days. I was told by several nurses that opiates are not the best pain killers but anti inflamatories. I also saw a show of DR OZ ...just love his show and he explained the pain process and what really creates the pain. Its the inflamation.... so treating with opiates for pain is really a waste. Might make it so you dont care about the pain but it wont take it away... SO IMHO, take motrin every 8 hrs and apply heat for the spasms. Maybe if the spasms are real bad a antispasmatic would help. But for this guy..... opiates are not what I would reach for first when it comes to back pain. BUt you do need to think about what your gonna do to get off the sub before your surgery anyhow?

Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:10 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I hope that no one is too upset about my later than usual reply, but I'm experiencing the same type of agonizing pain as silcott here. I've been prescribed the same painkillers, but I'm not sure that I want to keep taking them. Not only will I develop an immunity to them, but I don't think I'll be able to STOP taking them. Would anyone perhaps recommend going to a physical therapist, masseuse or chiropractor for pain management? Thanks, all!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:42 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

birdie wrote:
I also have a bad back and had 2 surgeries that were a waste.

Now my drug of choice for back pain is 800mg motrin every 8 hrs for three days. I was told by several nurses that opiates are not the best pain killers but anti inflamatories. I also saw a show of DR OZ ...just love his show and he explained the pain process and what really creates the pain. Its the inflamation.... so treating with opiates for pain is really a waste. Might make it so you dont care about the pain but it wont take it away... SO IMHO, take motrin every 8 hrs and apply heat for the spasms. Maybe if the spasms are real bad a antispasmatic would help. But for this guy..... opiates are not what I would reach for first when it comes to back pain. BUt you do need to think about what your gonna do to get off the sub before your surgery anyhow?

Good luck

birdie,birdie,birdie.............don't even know where to begin...