It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:23 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Today would be my fifth day off subs, but I could not take the terrible WD's. I took a sliver from an 8mg strip that was 1/10 of the strip. My Story is that I have been an opiate abuser for 10 years. My most recent encounter with subs is I was put on 24 mgs. sublingual ( strips ) Feb 16th of 2012. The second week after starting I went down to 16. A month Later down to 12, a month later down to 8. Then June I went down to half then to what I can only assume is 1-2 mgs a day. I wish i had the pills because I believe calculating my dosage would be easier. I have 5, 8mg strips left. I flushed what i thought i had in the house, but found subs in purses and pants pockets that i forgot about. Suboxone saved my life but I realized I don't want to be on any addictive substances. I have a supportive family, and a bf who i live with who is in a program and loves me very much. The first 2 nights were hell, the third got better, and the fourth I actually ate. Last night i was tossing and turning, and a reason i used is because i don't like to feel feelings, and my body felt terrible. Every time i attempt recovery the flood of feelings sends me to an emotional, up and down fight or flight of insanity but eventually i do feel better, go to meetings and attempt to live my life . I can not afford to stop going to work. I have not talked to my dr because he wanted me to stay on the subs long term. I attend meetings but not enough. My appt does not have a bath, and i have been drinking water, taking ib profen, and eating pepto like my life depends on it. I appreciate any advice, I know I can do it, but I will gladly take any advice, or insight. I hope everyone has a nice day, and take care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, I am currently at 49 days off Subs, after being on them for 6 years! Before that, I was on pills for about 4 years hard core.

I did a very rapid taper, like only 2 months, jumped at .5 mgs. And after 2 weeks the physical w/d's were mostly gone. PAWS was there for a bit, no depression, but general lack of motivation/energy. But it has def got better, every day, every week.

If you really want to be off Subs for good, flush all your remaining Sub, that's the only way to get better, no opiates in your system. And then time. Know that it will be rough for a few weeks, but nothing you can't get through.

If you are not ready, and you might not be, talk to your Dr. tell him how you're feeling, that you don't want to be on Subs long term, and work out a feasible taper plan.

You can do anything you put your mind to. It def isn't easy, hardest thing I've ever done, has been kicking Subs, but I was sick of being a slave to a small, orange pill. You have to just grin & bear it, embrace all the yucky w/d's, and know that in time IT DOES GET BETTER. Good luck! :)

Post subject: Tough Jump
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:13 pm 

Hi Cbunny and welcome to the forum. Be very proud of yourself for getting as far as you have. It takes guts to stop any opiate including Suboxone.

I cannot give you any advice on what to do. We have a lot of people here who have quit and they will chime in soon enough just like CasilibreQ did. The only thing I would add would be that if you do end up going back on and doing a slower taper then ask your Dr. for the 2mg films. They are so easy to cut and measure it makes tapering very easy. Plus they don't taste as nasty as the 8's.

But I do hope you don't do that and continue on your journey of recovery. You already know what to do from reading your post. Reach out, ask for support from family & friends. We will support you as much as you let us.

Welcome here. Feel free to post as much as you please.

Rule